Paladin agro

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by sojero, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravengloome Augur

Do what I did get off your but and sit in front of a parse dummy.

Literally through the years this is how this weave has changed

SOD crush crush timer 5 stun
    UF crush crush glorious
    HOT crush crush glorious elegy (denouncement after VR)
    VOA crush glorious paean elegy
    ROF Glorious laud paean elegy
    Cotf we got valiant throw that in when sensible
    TDS glorious cons laud paean
    TBM same thing

Like literally especially before they nerfed DP'S aggro and mana. You could literally lock mobs with nothing but DP. How did you play through the last 8 years?

Especially with the aggro meter there is no reason to use more aggro in a group than needed to hold a mob on you and just flat out burn the whole time. Bards exist clerics exist enchanters exist. There is no reason for a raid geared paladin to hold back. Honestly I can go full burn mode in a group and a cleric can just use their nuke heals while they are also full burning and I might have to cast a burst like 2 or 3 times in a night.

The other two tank classes can do the same and they don't have stuns to mititgate. Granted the devs hate warriors and won't give them good dps tools but that's someone else's story to tell.
  2. Linden Augur

Seriously? Show me a raid where a paladin is not casting PP, Admonish, Splash, burst healing or wave healings in a span of 18 seconds? All of those spells will twin cast and eat up BR. Try explaining to those on your raid that you were busy nuking and dpsing, instead of doing your job.

....So little.
    I cant believe you think a paladin is going to cast BR and not cast any healing spells in a span of 18 seconds..BR will twin cast with PP, Admonish, Wave healing, Valliant, as well as splash and Burst heals. Stop while you are behind Shiftie.
  3. Sindaiann Augur

Wait I thought we were getting somewhere? Why should it be locked now?

LMFAO
  4. shiftie Augur

Go stand in a corner and spam the touch line of spells on the mt where you belong.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

You can do all those things lol. And I was talking aggro/dps on group content/raid add tanking. If you can't weave HOTT heals to heal a tank between DPS/splash and wave between nukes you aren't nearly as good as you are trying to portray.

Your spell bar should NEVER light up
  6. shik Elder

The trollings been successful in that I'm grinding faction in valdeholm and I hate everyone.
    Shiftie and Sun arent isolate figures here in the scoffing department.
    They are the ones doing the responding because they are nice.
    You're damn Trump like in your hot takes and stupid stubborn statements/refusals.
    shiftie and Ravengloome like this.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

Lol I am back on Bristle Imma hit you up homie!
  8. Linden Augur

I am not asking you to hold my hand. I am just stating, from my experience, what I have found to be most effective, you and shiftie want to discredit what I say without offering any source of information to the contrary. Instead of you asking me, "Why should we hold your hand and parse it for you?". Let me ask you this, "Why should I believe you when you have nothing to back it up?" Ill be parsing what you put up, ill post it.

And you keep using that word, "Glorious". I dont think any Paladin that is currently involved in game, will use that word. "Glorious". It is now Brilliant Vindication. Because I use it so often, I no longer think it terms of "glorious exp". That gives away alot about your current game play on your paladin.
    Stuck in the past.

Then stop pouring gasoline on the fire and it will go out.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

What started this is you said stuns were more dps than nukes which is literally impossible
  10. Linden Augur

I really like the part where you said to cast BR and let it tick down, i think it was.."What is 18 seconds alex?". and there ya go again, heaping personal insults when you can't counter with substance.
    Tell me again, how genius it is to cast BR and let it tick down without casting any other healing spells. LOL
  11. Ravengloome Augur

If I am not currently involved in the game how did I complete this expansion before your guild even beat T2?
  12. Linden Augur

There ya go assuming again. Who says I haven't?
  13. Ravengloome Augur

Given how few spells you were casting on those raid cast parses (wwhich a guildie of yours even pointed out) I'd say Yeh you probably aren't casting a heal every 18 seconds lol.

And really outside of the mid tier, it's not really necessary to play paleric on every event everytime unless that is your thing.
  14. shiftie Augur

A good paladin would know they can group heal with aurora and not burn a charge of twincast. A better paladin would know the timer of AE's and work around that maximizing everything instead of spamming heals uselessly. An even better paladin would weave their spells around splash of it was needed.

An even better paladin would recognize that they are using abilities created by someone else who understands them better than they do.

Spamming spells just for the sake of spamming them doesn't make you good timing heals around brilliant and event ae's determines whether or not your heal was worth casting at all.
  15. Linden Augur

And you can see all 52 plus players on your ETW window, so you know for sure that no one needs a heal?
    A good paladin does use Aurora. I agree. Splashing every time it pops up, on most raids, is best. I don't think any raid force will complain about getting hit with splashes every 20 seconds or so. There are exceptions where it is a detriment though and when needed on trigger. Other then that, you are wrong. Spamming PP, Valliant, and Admonish while meleeing is what you should usually be doing. PP will always heal. And it will twin cast. spamming those on multibind is most effective. and hitting the raid with Splashes when it pops up. other then that, Aurora when needed. Burst healing through ETW when the need is there. outside of specific assignment, that is the most general template for a paladin, I can think of.

1.Brilliant
    2. Valliant
    3. PP
    4. Admonish
    5. Burst
    6. Burst
    7. Aurora
    8. Splash
    9. Crush of darkened
    10. Grief
    11. Crush
    12. wave, consecration or blessing of light, depending on circumstances.

It was Brohg who schooled me on the PP, Valliant, Admonish weave, like everything else, I put it to the test. It passed.

PP, Valliant, Admonish multibind.
    Brilliant+splash
    Burst healing outside of group when needed
    Work in AA to snap grab aggro, Spam crush, crush, valliant, FOD, and so on when need to pick up and build build on aggro (projection at onset)

So now we have covered, Solo/molo/group and raid. Are we done?
  16. shiftie Augur

Thinking isn't your strong suit. I'd stick to spamming useless heals.

I'm sure your idea of weaving has to do with hair. But alas we are talking about eq.
  17. Linden Augur

Oh now its, "spamming useless heals"? Paladins, this is my point right here. That statement is why I put things to the test. Tell paladins that spamming heals is useless, and they wont develop that area. And you admit you are not raiding atm, nor have you been in the last 2 years. See my point? You comment on things you dont know about, that I know are not so. I question it and you and rave tell me i am a terrible paladin. This same argument is true with the stuns. You belittle players that contradict what you say without having any experience in the last 2 years raiding? really?

I just wont this argument, and on substance. End of thread
  18. Ravengloome Augur

I literally on the very first page of this thread said I load Multibind Valiant Prot and Admon
  19. shiftie Augur

Reality check you aren't a priest. There are more important things to do than spamming heals. Unless your task is to spam heals. If you were good you'd learn how to tank heal dos and do utility things all at the same time without being told what to do. From this thread all you have done is post dps parses where you are slumming trying to get bof procs so you can make #5 on a parse like zero dos classes show up to your raids.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Every time shiftie's phone autocorrects DPS to DOS I facepalm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.