Paladin advice?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Denala, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Denala New Member

I took it slow when I used to play, I left the game around level 65 and back then paladin were basically mediocre warriors with mediocre cleric spells.
    When I came back I had the free heroic and I used it. Then got in a guild group that had some group exp potion and went from 85 to 92. I have no augments and do not know my own spells anymore.
    Everything changed and while I can use the cleric mercenary and muddle through some advice about spells and such would be nice.
  2. Derd Augur

Since you went heroic you can do the quests in feerott , to upgrade your mercenary and completing other Quest reward an augment. You can use those to fill out every slot on your character. For spells I find it very useful to go to Lucy Google it if you do not have that page mark, and just read the descriptions of the Spells for your class. Good luck we need more paladins.
  3. Maedhros High King

There are not enough characters in a forum post to go over everything that you would need to catch up on since you went MIA 15 years ago or whatever.
    I would suggest browsing through the dozens of posts in this forum related to paladins as a place to start.

Tanks in general, but especially knights are by far the biggest time investment for a new or returning player.

Good luck!
  4. Fohpo Augur

Definitely sums it up well, there are numerous posts on the forums about specific classes and tanks in general. Google searching, especially the random Heroic XXX Guides is extremely helpful at getting started.
  5. Truewind New Member

Biggest thing i can tell ya is stick with it, huge learning curve when it comes to the Pally tanking end game , and raid. many give up before they get the aa and skill needed to do well, We can hold our in the tank rotation, and are very usefull in raids and groups . Disc rotation and the correct lvl of self heals and hate injection can be a hard dance to learn. But when you do it is sooo much fun. Knight are not easy to learn but they pay off when you do ;) oh ,, and,, Do yer 1.0 dont skip it lol fire sword orni n title rock ;) GL and have fun
  6. draginn Elder

I hope you enjoy the new Eq there is so much info on what has changed. I would scroll through old post about are class and practice will be your best teacher. Try find family type guild so can get to know some players on server and also get advice Happy Hunting