Paladin AA order after defensives

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Ecchicon, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Ecchicon Elder

I'm about to complete all of my defensive AAs and I'm not exactly sure where to go next.

There are a lot of posts on the subject and like everything paladin related they tend to end up as arguments about spell line-ups and such. However, there does seem to be some consensus on abilities that have little to no use so I know some key AAs to skip.

Which are the best investment based on a mostly moloing/duoing (+mercs occasionally) play-style? I was thinking to focus on damage and maybe the HoTT focuses, but perhaps there are some better choices.

Healing Light seems interesting but I rarely use stuns in my spell lineup.

There is some good stuff in the focus tab, but I'm guessing there are less costly upgrades I should be looking at first.

All input is appreciated.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

You have to be able to tank your chosen content foremost. Your personal dps just shortens an already winnable fight.

A solo/molo paladin can gain more xp with 2H stance which means your investment in Combat Stability AA is disabled. So prioritize Combat Agility AA and self healing if you want to play in that mode.
  3. Ecchicon Elder

Thanks for the feedback, but my defensive AAs are maxed and I'm looking for what to get next.
  4. Voxvixen Journeyman

There are a few that increase survivability by small oncrements after the main ones. Extended stances are great, as is the repel line rune. Increased procs is actually increased survival, assuming you have some heal or rune procs available.

After all those small but helpful indirect defensives, i'd focus on the 2H dps personally.
  5. shiftie Augur

Healing aa - all of them. As they are an extension of your ability to tank since raw mitigation is balanced around our ability to heal. Armor of the inquisitor first spire and group armor of the inquisitor to focus your heals. Gift of life, lay of hands, hand of piety. Steadfast will to make you immune to melee stun so you can cast while tanking

Past that things like blessing of the faithful, valorous rage and inquisitors judgement have huge returns on investment, divine persecution

Divine call and shackles of Tunare cloak of light, radiant cure, purification for utility,

Knights return strike to help with mob riposte
    Burst of power
    Speed of the knight
    Flurry
    Double riposte

And I’m hoping you already have slay undead maxed
  6. took2summit11 Augur

I was curious as there are some AAs that improve the TOT heals I noticed, and it’s rather small. Does this mean all the normal heal/crit heal AA’s do not help the TOT heals? Or are these TOT heal AA’s in addition to the regular AAs helping the TOT heals?
  7. shiftie Augur

In addition to just some extra oomph
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

AA are easy:
    Defense/Survival
    Synergy
    Healing
    DPS
    The dumb stuff
    Pet discipline

When looking at the focus line, knock out the ones you actually use/most, first.