Paladin AA: Healing Light not firing at stated rate or even Close

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Chaosflux, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Chaosflux Augur

Healing light AA is supposed to and has traditionally had 10 to 20% proc rate depending on AA. Some rather pointed testing and just perusing existing parses where I was not actively looking for it to fire, it is well below that rate. It is also acting differently then it did in the past.

- I have not been able to get any procs on stun immune test dummies, several hundred casts, this AA traditionally would fire regardless of stun immunity
    - Proc chance far below 20%, about 2%ish not staring at the hard numbers right this second
    - this is a quibble because I might be misremembering, but it was at one point flagged to fire off crushes but not other nukes. Though that's based off memory and I am not sure that was ever intended. Though it should fire off crushes or stuns since it's intended to fire off our aggro abilities.
    -It does still fire off Disruptive Persecution/Force of Disruption but at the same greatly reduced rate.

I can provide parses/logs if necessary.
    Barton and Wulfhere like this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Healing Light never worked with crushes, only spell stuns. It's designed as an incentive to favor stuns over nukes, i.e. protection over damage.

I believe the patch you are thinking about is when SPA 137 (DP/FD) was added in slot 4 several years ago.

I did a quick test of Rank 23 (from ToV), I got 8 procs in 54 stuns (14.8% rate), well within the margin of error for such a small sample. I also got a proc using Cease on a level 118 stun immune test dummy.

[Sat Dec 19 23:27:42 2020] You begin casting Cease.
    [Sat Dec 19 23:27:42 2020] Your target is immune to the stun portion of this effect.
    [Sat Dec 19 23:27:42 2020] Combat Dummy Azia is struck by a sudden force.
    [Sat Dec 19 23:27:42 2020] Your wounds heal.
    [Sat Dec 19 23:27:42 2020] You healed Wulfhere for 0 (15807) hit points by Healing Light XXIII.

If there is something wrong with the proc rate then that would be in the AA data, as the spell data looks okay. It may only be affecting new ranks from CoV too.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Actually It did fire off Crushes in SOD - VOA i dont recall if that was intended or not and I never cared much since it was usually the last AA I bought.

I am playing on Miragul, my tests were done with a 105 and a HC level 85 so I was a long way off from COV ranks.

In the description it lists 20% proc rate, and on both character I was getting below that, as an example (i was actually testing Hedgewizard proc rate) where I noticed it, I cast 60 disruptive persecutions and got 0 procs. I then later went out of the GGH and tested it on different mob types, it would still fire off Disruptive, though the proc rate was extremely low, much lower than 20%.

In that same initial parse I got 14 Hedgewizard procs.

When I was testing it out in the wild with forces I could go several minutes without seeing a proc and I was chain the 101/105 stun and force of disruption.

I have rank 12/29

Then I made a HC character to see if it was just my tank of HL that I had at the time, and a Guildie did the same to help get a larger sample size.

Neither of us came up with anything even resembling double digit proc rate. The description lists 20%.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

It's possible it's something goofy messed up on Miragul, I didnt check my Paladin on Xegony who has higher ranks. I could see that being a thing.

Wulf would you mind doing a longer test? Maybe we can isolate whether it's just happening on TLPs or it's happening on live and TLP?
  5. Wulfhere Augur

Here's a parse of me auto attacking with Blunted Blade running while afk in guildhall for over 1 hour. Blunted Blade Strike triggers Healing Light. No other stuns/interrupters were cast.

/GU Combat Dummy Azia in 4002s, 198.0m @49480 | Wulfhere 198.0m
    /GU -vs- Combat Dummy Azia - Spells Cast By: Wulfhere: 1262
    | Blunted Strike III: 535
    | Overdrive Punch: 253
    | Blessing of Life XXIII: 172
    | Merciful Fury Strike III: 144
    | Jann's Light: 124
    | Banestrike: 34

Passive healing from all that was:

[IMG]

As you can see, Healing Light XXIII fired 101 times during that hour. The rate of fire was:

101 / 535 or 18.87%

ps: Ignore Merciful Healing data as that inclusion is just a bug in GamParse 2.0.0.99.