Palace of Embers task - how do you spawn the named?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Natal, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Natal Augur

I am have some trouble with the Palace of Embers task getting the named to spawn in Aalishia. I had killed earth mobs to get Descending Light's Laughter to spawn after about 30-40 minutes of killing. But unfortunately I could not kill that named since it would mez my tank then kill the rest of the group while the tank was mezzed. Outside of the mez there was no problem, but with a single tank it can't be done solely due to the tank being mezzed. So basically impossible for me to do (like all other mobs that mez the tank rather than someone else in the group).

After that I tried killing in the water area to spawn to get All Consuming Sound to spawn (I think I should be able to deal with his DoTs ok), but the problem is he is not spawning after a couple of weeks trying. Is there some trick to get him to spawn?

I want to work on progression but I am stuck at this point because the named that I can kill is not spawning.
  2. Raccoo Augur

Drop and re-get the mission. It bugs if you don't complete it. Also can look to see if someone else left it up, hopefully have a tracker?
  3. Greymantle Augur

As far as your tank issues. If it is mez there is a way around that. Does not work for charm however. Just hit your tank with a low damage , long lasting dot, prior to engage. Any damage taken breaks mez. Threre are a couple of clicky items that will do this for you as well. Fear fruit comes to mind i think.
  4. Greymantle Augur

5. Brohg Augur

Fear Fruit has been too wimpy for a while, doesn't beat regen so doesn't damage to then break mez.
  6. Funky Augur

to deal with the mez on some... send in someone other than the tank first... so they get mezzed.. then have the tank grab it.. burn it down
    Brohg likes this.
  7. Natal Augur

Finally got the task done. It appears that dropping the task and redoing it is not enough, you have to delete all of the items given to you along the way as well or the second named does not spawn. Once I did that it appeared to work (I think).

All Consuming Sound was already up when I got to Aalishia though, someone else must have spawned him. After I killed him another one immediately walked over to the same spot, so not sure what gives there. He was pretty easy to kill, his DoTs were no problem, unlike the other mob that was mezzing my tank, lol.
  8. Natal Augur

That won't work, he doesn't mezz right away, it is usually some way into the fight. Since none of the other toons could tank his dps, it is not a solution (otherwise they could tank the 18 seconds it takes for the mez to run out anyway).

It was much simpler to kill All Consuming Sound instead.
  9. Funky Augur

ok. but in some scenarios it is viable... i forget the named, but one in i believe empyr or aalishai does a invulnerability almost instant... when i went after him with just my Sk/bard with healer/rogue merc. i would deftdance with the bard till he got charmed and then take over with the Sk.. or send in SK pet with taunt for initial aggro.