Fixed overseer

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Malbro, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Malbro Augur

after this patch, we were supposed to have an agent pack in our itemoverflow...... It isn't there.

*** Overseer ***

- Changed how Overseer quests load and save as a speculative fix to the bug where Overseer quests sometimes disappear. As part of this change, all Overseer Active Quests have been deleted. For the inconvenience, all players who have used Overseer before should have an Overseer Agent Pack available in /itemoverflow.
    Metanis likes this.
  2. OldCa61 Augur

verseer active quests were removed in the February patch as a speculative fix to the bug where quests can be lost while zoning. For the inconvenience, any account who has used the Overseer system before last Saturday should receive an Overseer Agent Pack in your /itemoverflow window. The Overseer Agent Packs should be added to all accounts that have used Overseer in the past by Saturday 2/20/2021.
  3. Malbro Augur

I just saw that and was coming back in to say pay no attention to this and to have it deleted if possible.
  4. niente Developer

That's ok, the wording is a little confusing. If you don't get an Overseer Pack by Saturday 2/20/2021 please post here and we'll get you squared away. The script to add the Packs will take a while to run, since it has to add to a lot of accounts. If we run the command to add items to offline accounts too quickly, it causes lag so it is run quite slowly.

If you don't get your pack, please post (or PM me) your character and server name.
    OldCa61 and Metanis like this.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

Thanks for the update! And we sure don't want anything causing more lag! :)
  6. Ozadar Elder

I hope the agent pack comes in at the top level agents you have. Not much use for gray agents this far into my Overseer progression.
  7. Numiko Augur

Its not a big deal as they are just commons but thought I would ask this, I play overseer on three servers, do I just get the packs on one of them chosen by random? or on all three? it is kind of vague.
  8. niente Developer

You should get a pack on all 3 servers.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How many packs are we supposed to be recieving?

Yinla has 3
    Sneakyyin has 3
    Bedorie has 3
    Ketayni has 3
    Yinpurr has 3
    Blackvelvet has 2

All on AB
  10. Mikana Augur

More of concern is that the "vanishing quest" issue has actually gotten worse since the patch - I've had at least one quest vanish on each of three accounts since the reset. (Before the patch, I might have one quest vanish every few weeks).

This morning I logged on to find one of my accounts at 4/5 quests in progress (one having vanished overnight). Started a new quest, and the count immediately jumped to 6/5. None of the quests involved were recovery or conversion types, they were all "regular" quests.
    Barton likes this.
  11. Hekaton Augur

yeah i can count on 1 quest vanishing like half the time. Today i logged in to find 2 of my quests gone.
  12. Zvenn Just an old monk

also happened to me as i queued up 12 hour quests over night and logged in this morning to having 1 missing
  13. Malbro Augur

Got mine yesterday, 3 of them.
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Holding out for another day, though it was mentioned (in another thread) that the script had finished. I got the /itemoverflow messages on one sever but not the other.
  15. Bardie New Member

Yeah a part up my toons either got 1, 2 or 3 agent packs but not 3 across the board. It was free stuff so i'm not complaining but the script did fail on about 30% of my toons