Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Natal Augur

There is plenty of content that does not involve raiding. And none of it involves the "economy" beyond being how that inhibits personal development. Now that development can be done by side stepping the farmers. No one will shed tears over that.

The only people who care about the "economy" are mostly the plat farmers, they are a small proportion of the player base.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

It's been wonky both on test and live, and we've been feedbacking it.

My fail rate on live is about 4x what it is on test (40% fail on live, including failing all 5 dispatched missions once, all at 85% or higher), and timers are off between accounts as well. One account has 5 second conversion missions, one has 22 seconds and requires closing and reopening the window to update.

The second and later slots on missions is also hit or miss on which require them to be filled and which dont but just maybe add bonuses (and some of them add bonuses even if you dont have the keyword, and some dont add bonuses even if you do unless it's the first agent).

Conversion quests also range between 93 and 100% success rate, which "shouldnt" happen, but absolutely does.

I think their success chance display is just wrong.

Also a little disappointed they kept aug dispensers nodrop since theres some really cool skins... that I'll never get to use because they arent better than a number of epic and epic 2.5 skins (or they are claws), but would be great for alts on other accounts.
  3. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Just a heads up, Level 2 quests appear to be broken, they don't provide reward previews and on completion the Collect Reward button is unresponsive, quest sits idle in Active Quests and agent(s) are kept unavailable
  4. Baldur Augur

The recruitment of agents is super frustrating.

I'm finding most of the time I don't even have a recruit mission available, and when I do it's the stupid recruit fighters and I don't have a marauder agent.

I also have yet to get an explorer agent. So I just sit here with my crappy starting agents because I failed the one recruiting mission I was able to go on because the failure rate is not what the quest says it is.

I have to say, not impressed with overseer at all, it's not really fun, more frustrating than anything else.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. yerm Augur

Is there an eta on fixing the obvious failure rate increase when spending points to finish missions? If you don't want people to pay to win by rush finishing you need to disable it, not charge real money and then have absurdly high fail rates in this situation.

AT MINIMUM put a disclaimer next to the completion percent that rush finishing will make it inaccurate.

And don't tell me I'm wrong here.
    That0neguy likes this.
  6. Pikollo Augur

Global drops for this would be fun. Like how we used to get random LoN packs.
    Fanra likes this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

No one will shed a tear if the items they loot have far less value to barter? Sorry, but you are wrong on that one.

The plat farmers don't care about the economy. They have so much plat they barely know what to do with it. The regular players who loot, barter, and buy items certainly care if there is a robust economy.
  8. Nylrem Augur

I think, with a little bit of tweaking, this could be a pretty cool thing, but it definitely needs tweaks...

1. Recruitment quests need to be made much more available. Recruitment run have 1 each type of Agent, would be good, always available if not running it...

2. Fail rate obviously needs fixed. I'm up to 80+ missions now, and still hovering around 40% fail rate, none of them I've attempted have been 'advertised' at less than 78% success chance.

3. UI on the window is horrible. Needs to be resizeable or something? My wife plays on a 32" HDTV, and cannot use the overseer window at all. Cannot resize it, cannot even see or click any of the available agents buttons, to add them, I have to log into her accounts on my computer/24" monitor, in order to even do the overseer missions.

4. Current rewards need additions. If really want this to help returning/new players 'catch up' the vendor needs to have gear and especially augs from older expansions. Make it just like the EWK HA vendors, but for gear/augs newer than EWK vendor has up through RoS. Add the caster specialization augs, as well, from CotF, since they've never been updated, and are absolute requirements for casters/healers and were never put on the EWK vendor.

5. If select the character xp rewards on a lower level toon, should have SIGNIFICANT xp attached to them... like 20% of a level, for level 85-90, 15% for 91-95, 10% 96 thru 105, even for the 6hr missions. Then drop the character xp to what currently is, post level 105. Developers have to understand, all a returning player needs to see is that they have a chance to catch up, and they may stick around, or if the game had healthy grouping, from level 85-110, and they could group/socialize while catching up. But, it does not. Currently, a returning player, if they don't box, has about zero chance to catch up to/group with others in current content, if don't have someone to drastically help them, in less than 1,000 hours of play time. They realize that fairly quickly, and quit playing.

The majority of today's player base just will not commit to that much time requirement.

This could be a great instrument for returning players to see they could actually catch up in a reasonable time, with just a small amount of time commitment per day, IMO. Keep some of them that come back, quickly see there's nobody to group with, and won't be, for a very long time, and quit again.
  9. Zandez Lorekeeper

Fail rate (success %) definitely needs a bit of tweaking!!! Completed 79 quests, only 4 critical successful btw is there any modifier for this (luck) perhaps? 23 failures, all of these failures had a beginning success rate of 85% or better, seeing way to many fails. Would be cool to see luck as a modifier.
  10. Annastasya Augur

So far, i am LOVING overseer. Thankyou.
    eepok likes this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Me too, but the bugs in it are obvious and need to be fixed.
  12. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I would like to see more expansion-agnostic tradeskill items rewarded (Staurolite, Prestidigitase, Silks, Research pages). The ability to farm for mats to boost Artisan's Prize while doing current content is a huge value prop for me.
  13. That0neguy Augur

Not just TS items, but regular items as well. It was meant to help people "catch up" But outside of OMM brews which are good for level 85. There is nothing available till 105 and I think those aug's are a little lacking. Would be good to see items to be for all level ranges from 85-115 if they really want to help people catch up.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Cloud the Third Augur

You just got to level up your overseer levels first! So a good 6 months of leveling overseer and you will be able to get items good for a 115.
  15. That0neguy Augur

Please explain...
  16. Cloud the Third Augur

sarcasm
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. That0neguy Augur

I figured, but I was kind of hoping there was something we were all missing.
  18. Fian Augur

Ignoring the bugs, I am having a lot of fun with the feature. From a business stand point, I see a couple of benefits:
    • With 6h to 48hr timers it encourages players to log on daily to keep their quests going. This can help retain players that are at the edge of quitting the game. If they log on, they may see a group forming in General for a quest they need, or get a tell from a friend. If they don't log on at all, it is harder to get them back into the game.
    • The DBC transactions are enough to entice me to spend some of my saved DBC, and I tend to be very stingy. Whether that is buying a pack of 3 additional agents, or speed up a timer on a quest or agent, the reward is enough for me part with some of my DBC.
    Coagagin likes this.
  19. Cloud the Third Augur

This doesn't encourage players to login. They aren't going to login just to click start quest a few times if they aren't already playing because there is no reward for doing it.

Can you explain how this is fun for you?

What part of clicking a quest and clicking start and hours later clicking finish is fun? It would be fun if there was some kinda skill to it but there isn't. The closest thing in this to skill is trying to pick the right agent for each quest but unless you spend money and buy a ton of agents you don't have much of a choice of what you pick.

So this isn't fun this is frustrating when you do recruitment have to wait 30+ hours and pray you get the job types you are missing. It would be fun if there was something you could do where your skill or putting time into it and being good at it gives you a higher chance to succeed.

Think about some of the RPGish card games where your choice of card could mean winning or losing a match. There is skill involved and it can be fun to play. This thing is just a time sink and no skill involved. There are a handful of things it can help you do like leveling a merc aa or getting collections or tradeskill items but that isn't going to keep anyone playing if anything it makes them want to play less because instead of getting a group to collect tradeskill items now they just click a button and log off a few days until they get what they need.
  20. Moege Augur

The UI could use some work/changes.

Selection of quests: Add an icon of the qualifying agent for the quest, allows us to not even click on quests to see which agent is needed when we know we don't have one available, sort the quests by the icon.
    e.g: (Icon:Soldier) Gnoll pups

Selection of agents: Make the Bonuses/Negatives next to the agents a clickable link that sets the drop down box on available agents. Inconsistency between clicking required agent and optional, required one filters the available, optional shows them all. Optional should work same as required and if none matches should show all with an indicator that the jobtype does not match.

Agents: Available agents section in the quest section needs a clear button, irritating and tedious to have to select the drop downs to all for each filter.