Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jontrann, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Fian Augur

Ok, I read the guide, and it is very limited. There are different types of quests, and I don't know what to expect for rewards. It also seems that certain quests take away the agents assigned to it to give you better ones - I am assuming there is no way to keep the old ones?

At the very least it would be nice to give examples of each quest type and what reward you can get, whether that is TS drops or something else. Also, there is a new currency available - how can we spend that currency?
  2. Swordsmaan New Member

I went full screen, and expanded the box as far as I could. I was able to access a sliver of the select agent button. The UI is screwed up, but it is a temporary workaround.
    Kegwell likes this.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you pick any quest, there is a preview reward button next to the start quest button.

The tutorials aside (which if you read the quest text tell you about losing the agents and such and getting new ones . . .), the bottom of the quest list are all labeled conversion (i.e. convert some low level ones for a better one, etc.).

The merchant is behind the library in PoK.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

In PoK, go up through the first spiral stairs into the library.
    The merchant is Overseer Merchant. It's on Find.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ok, I did the Tutorial and it said the reward was agents from many different home cities/races. I assumed I would get them all. But when I got my reward, they were just gnomes from Ak'Anon.

Apparently, I wound up with only the first on the list. It is EXTREMELY UNCLEAR that you don't get them all, so I would guess probably 90% of players will wind up with gnomes because they didn't realize you can (I assume) pick one of the others and can only pick and get one.

I have no idea if I managed to mess up my Overseer this way or not. But it's not a good beginning.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Laurana like this.
  6. Jordis Augur

I logged in, checked out the npc up by the library, opened the tutorial and it got stuck. It said that my "agent" was captured and incapacitated for 36 hours. No one knows if that's game time or real time.
    I got my other two accounts and their screens opened at exactly what the screen on my primary account read. I did find the "help" somewhat useful but as a tutorial this is very poor, especially compared to tutorials like Gloomingdeep and Out of Gloomingdeep in POK.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes, the tutorial is unclear.

Your agent was captured and you then get a quest to rescue them. The "incapacitated" is not true, in that if you figure out how to get the next quest, you can send an agent to rescue them.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

Well it looks like each quest has a different time frame and has different agent requirements.

There is multiple recruitment quest that you can run. The new lowest level agents but takes 35 hours to run and gives you multi level 1 new agents. There are other quest that the agents you pick from are killed off to get a higher level agent so basically you are trading 3 level 1 agents for 1 level 2 agent etc.

The other quest have different rewards and also take different amount of time and agents to run and as a reward you may get exp, token points, merc exp (looking forward to this), or a number of other things like ornamentation or a single collectible you can mix from any expansion and zone.

Each agent slot for the quest have different flags I guess you try to pick an agent that match the type wanted or npc type. There is also some kind of affect that gets put on your agent for each slot so make sure you look at that too. I am not sure what they all do some are like shaken, discouraged, discredited, blacklisted, exhausted, etc but not sure what affect each one has on your agent.

This new overseer thing is like an iphone pay to win game either pay 20 dbc to win a quest instantly or wait 6+ hours so I guess this is the new gems but you can get some normal game rewards for doing it.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

I purchased the Agent Pack x9 a few minutes ago. I have yet to see the new 9 agents. I have logged out to character select and they are still AWOL. I petitioned this, but I am wondering if there is something I have missed about these sorts of purchases.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You should have got an item put in your bags to click, looks a bit like a flag.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

I did not see it. Doh! I had an empty spot in a bag that is usually not empty.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

After running through tutorial and a few normal missions on test with no issues on two characters.

I’m now stuck on the very first tutorial mission on live. I completed “The Overseer Rises” successfully showing my bandit was captured and no matter how many times I click Collect Reward nothing happens.

Also I’ve found that switching UIs will break the overseer window and not show anything in active quests or any tab for that matter. But zoning or loading another UI will fix it.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Your agent was captured and you then get a quest to rescue them. The "incapacitated" is not true, in that if you figure out how to get the next quest, you can send an agent to rescue them.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I’m aware of how it’s supposed to work.

I’m saying that when I finish that first quest I’m clicking the Collect Reward button next to the Success green text. Which should grant me another agent and access to the follow up quest.

But clicking the Collect Reward button in the game doesn’t do anything. I can click Preview Reward and see the next agent and quest. I can click on everything else in game except the Collect Reward button.

Doubt it matters but I am using a touchpad on a laptop to do this since I forgot to grab a mouse on this work trip.
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

Do you have 10 quest rewards banked? If so you should see a warning message in one of your normal chat windows saying you cannot complete the quest as a result; you need to have no more than 9 banked rewards.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

That was it. It’s weird it just gives no error message or anything. Typically you get an 11th reward and are informed you need to claim your reward before you zone.
  17. Froger Lorekeeper

My Common Conversion quest is gone after doing it two times on account one.
    Account two i ran it 10 times and its refreshing after each reward claimed.
    Please advise.
  18. Froger Lorekeeper

Update: The refresh fixed it!
  19. rawr80 New Member

Been wondering, do you actually loose agents?
    Is there a way to get more with questing in game or is this just strictly a cash shop thing?
    Because right now its looking like a sad imitation of wows version. Being subbed you didn't loose your heroes. Overseer looks like a slot machine in a way. But odd that you could loose agents when you had a 95% success.
  20. Eckish Lorekeeper

There is a small chance that some quests will result in your agents getting incapacitated, which just knocks them out for some more time after the quest is done. You only lose agents when you take conversion quests.

You can get more agents by doing recruitment quests. They are very long (like 2 days long). The one that I got will give me 7 more fighters when it completes. I imagine that you do these to get more common agents. Then do conversion quests to get up to uncommon and rare agents. Just don't do conversion quests until you have enough of the lower level agents that you will be able to continue questing without spending DBC.
    Quatr and Yinla like this.