Not A Bug Overseer: Uncommon Conversion removes duplicates

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yara_AB, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Hegsheoshed Augur

It doesn't make me thrilled to see that others are experiencing this bug. I just submitted an update to my previous petition where I lost 2 Servant of the Ancients when the conversion should have only used one. I had some work to do outside today so I ran a couple conversions and considered doing a third but the bug hit me again. I had 3 Ice Drakes, 4 Nightrage Decapitators and 4 Forest Gatherers. Did the conversion and was down to 2 Ice Drakes, 3 Nightrage Decapitators and 1 Forest Gatherer. Very glad that I run my log now if only the log would catch these process happening. Need to remember to have the Agent window set to show the agents that are questing and get that screen capture.

I was getting angry and it wasn't helping me focus on getting the proper information saved. Hopefully it gets figured out, fixed and people who didn't notice the agent losses get theirs back too.
  2. Cordoba New Member

It also removes Commons , I had 81 Commons and now I have 76 , had no idea how I lost 5 agents now I know - it removed the extras in my stack .. logs I have how to decipher through 40+ conversions is beyond me , yes I did more then 40+ conversions not even realizing what was happening . I have no idea how many uncommons I had when I noticed the fiasco also.
    Cordoba
  3. Yara_AB Augur

@Cordoba: Please make sure to also like the initial post in this thread (this bumps importance).

I didn't really pay much attention to common conversions because I do them so often that I rarely have more than 2 of a kind there. But if this whole thing hits every conversion I would suggest they remove the conversion quests for the time being while they are looking for a fix for this.

The thing is:
    People do buy Agent Packs for cash and if those agents get destroyed by conversions in excess this is not fun anymore.
    While I can just say "bug happens" usually - if I were buying agents packs and losing those agents due to a bug I would be quite unhappy to say the least.
  4. Cordoba New Member

The thing is:
    People do buy Agent Packs for cash and if those agents get destroyed by conversions in excess this is not fun anymore.
    While I can just say "bug happens" usually - if I were buying agents packs and losing those agents due to a bug I would be quite unhappy to say the least.
    This is what happened I bought a 30 pack and did that many conversions ++ Losing Agents and staying up all night trying to help figure out what happened is not fun either,
  5. Cordoba New Member

From my logs I am missing all of these agents after the conversions -Trickster- Legionnaire-Scoutmaster - Carver and Harbringer . had Multiples of and now missing all ..
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:14 2020] Scoutmaster has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:15 2020] Scoutmaster has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:15 2020] Legionnaire has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:32 2020] Legionnaire has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:36 2020] Legionnaire has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:27 2020] Harbinger has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:19 2020] Harbinger has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:33 2020] Trickster has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:39 2020] Trickster has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:02 2020] Carver has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:26 2020] Carver has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.

[Thu Apr 09 22:17:50 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Common Conversion
    [Thu Apr 09 22:18:28 2020] Trickster has been removed from your collection of Overseer Agents. - All missing from list
    [Thu Apr 09 22:18:28 2020] Legionnaire has been removed from your collection of Overseer Agents.- All missing from list
    [Thu Apr 09 22:18:28 2020] Scoutmaster has been removed from your collection of Overseer Agents. - All missing

[Thu Apr 09 22:23:52 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Common Conversion
    [Thu Apr 09 22:24:14 2020] Scarecrow has been removed from your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:24:14 2020] Carver has been removed from your collection of Overseer Agents. -- Missing

[Thu Apr 09 22:24:14 2020] Ghoul has been removed from your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:24:16 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Common Conversion
    [Thu Apr 09 22:25:00 2020] Poisoner has been removed from your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:25:00 2020] Thistle has been removed from your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:25:00 2020] Harbinger has been removed from your collection of Overseer Agents.--- Missing

These are the missing commons , still working on the missing Uncommon and Rare - Conversions.
  6. Baldur Augur

This is making me scared to do conversions.

I've only been converting duplicates across 7 accounts though and I've never had this happen. Or at least that I've noticed, but I think I would've noticed. I'll definitely pay closer attention now.
  7. Cordoba New Member

[Thu Apr 09 22:13:24 2020] Druid has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Thu Apr 09 22:13:41 2020] Druid has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    Also missing all of my Druids ,
    that's 6 Agents or many agents depending on how many I had to start with Missing ,
    From my logs I am missing all of these agents after the conversions -Trickster- Legionnaire-Scoutmaster - Carver, Harbringer and Druids had Multiples of and now missing all ..
    Cordoba
  8. niente Developer

Can you let us know your character name and server name to help track this down?
    Can send me a PM with details if you don't want to post here.
  9. Cordoba New Member

Niente ,
    Name Cordoba - Server Povar
    I also have 4 other accounts , no clue if they got messed up.
    Cordoba
  10. Yara_AB Augur

Going to send you a PM with the accounts and charnames :)
  11. Hegsheoshed Augur

Nothing to notice unless you pay attention to haw many you have before the conversion and have the agent window open and set to show the status of the ones that are incapacitated. I had to do it after the first one to at least catch the numbers of agents I had total overall and it is a chore the number of screenshots. Literally nothing shows in the log file to show the doubles went a questing and off to retirement.
  12. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Plus side: its not doing that on test anymore.

Down side: its not refreshing the quest after completion.
  13. Hegsheoshed Augur

Would any of the information I provide just be easier to get from the numerous petitions I have sent in? It seems odd that there is no /outputfile overseer. I may have even logged in the wrong account at one point to post about two separate conversion bug losses.
  14. Yara_AB Augur

Meanwhile I refrain from conversions with agents where I have more than two of the same kind.
    As far as I can tell the bug isn't showing up if you only use "doubles".

Of course ... triples and other start to complain about space and privacy and all that :)
  15. Cordoba New Member

Dev's,
    Any word on this , I'm still missing my Agents , I am also waiting for the word on doing conversions .. I have been saving multiples again and don't want to risk losing them all again .
    Do I need to file a petition or is this being worked on. not sure how this stuff works.
    Thank You kindly.:)
    Cordoba
  16. Hegsheoshed Augur

I'm hoping, but I'm not going to hold my breath about seeing my agents returned. I had to do it again to get concrete proof of the bug. Taking into consideration the name of the 'person' that responded to my petition I find it hard to believe that they ever give good news. The current test patch message isn't exactly inspiring hope either. Waiting to see if the actual patch message is more robust.
  17. Yara_AB Augur

Any kind of feedback would be cool though.
    It might also be easy to replicate: Make a test account have 3 agents of a kind and use one of them in a conversion quest. All gone.
    Unless there is more stuff involved in that like a specific tracking id for agents like they have for krono ...

At least they noticed there might be an issue - so it is just a matter of considering it a bug and finding a cure for it.
    But due to the current overall situation I can see Devs having quite some restrictions in what they can do from homeoffice (knowing that certain functions were only available from the internal network).
  18. Baldur Augur

I've been paying super close attention to this lately and have never experienced it.

Even in your exact case that you list Yara, 3 agents of a kind and use 1 of them in a conversion quest. I have NEVER had more than just 1 taken from me. And I just did it yesterday.

So I don't think it's that simple for them to fix this. Something you're doing maybe is different from what I'm doing?

Are you switching agents in and out of each slot? Using the filters at all to select agents? I've noticed some wonky behavior when using filters, with agents marked zero when I switch to a filter and put another agent in the slot.
  19. Cordoba New Member

20. Yara_AB Augur

Just did a couple of (common) conversions with a mix of uneven and even number of duplicates and so far (at least on this one account) I couldn't confirm any additional losses.
    Will test this on another account once I am done with that one :)

Maybe this stopped now that the quest doesn't require additional completion-confirmation...