Overseer Tutorial Window Cutoff

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sonnova, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Sonnova New Member

Tried to start /overseer today. The tutorial opens first thing to guide me to start my first quest. However, the bottom of the Quests window is cutoff with no way to scroll or resize. I've even changed my display resolution a few times but ran into the same issue. Once you click on "Select Agent" under the Quest Party section, another agent appears under "Available Agents," which is cut-off and non-scrollable.

I did try to scroll the bottom. You can see what looks to be a scroll bar there...it just doesn't function.

Since I cannot choose the agent at the bottom, I cannot start the quest.
    Simonsays likes this.
  2. Simonsays Journeyman

I am having the same issue
  3. Artleyare New Member

I am having the same issue too, any suggestions?
  4. Yara_AB Augur

Did you try with default UI?
  5. Sonnova New Member

Yea tried all the things. No go

- different resolutions.
    - I currently use default UI
    - different monitor
    - Cursing out my computer
    - Cursing out my pet
    - Cursing out DB

Nothing works!
  6. Sonnova New Member

1280x1024 is the only display resolution that seems to work for this. Unfortunately, that resolution looks like crap on my displays.

Hopefully DB will fix it so the rest of us can use the feature as well without having to switch display res to accept a quest.
  7. Deddentd Journeyman

This is the same thing I have had a problem with since the update that installed Overseer. DB/DP isn't interested in resolving our issues, keep referring me to forums for participant help.
  8. Dyllwin Journeyman

I run three accounts out of the same install folder using the default UI, and one account had no issues, but the other two couldn't access the Available Agents section of the window. No amount of changing the resolution or windowed/full-screen fixed that issue for me.

I compared the UI INI files for each character and found one setting in the Overseer section that was wildly different. Changing this to a reasonable value corrected the issue for me.

I edited UI_<character>_<server>.ini, found the [OverseerWnd] section, and changed
    QuestSlotHeight=<really big number>
    to
    QuestSlotHeight=693
    to match my working account, and that fixed the issue. Note that I had to log the updated account to desktop and back in for the change to take effect.

Sadly you'll have to do this for each character that has the issue. If you have trouble finding a working value, you can probably just delete the line altogether, the system should supply a default value.