Not A Bug Overseer Tutorial not doable if you have 10 quest rewards already

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Baldur, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Baldur Augur

So I'm on Phinigel, I've been saving the massive RoF quest rewards for TDS launch in 2 weeks.

I'm not taking any of them as I'm capped exp/AAs and they are a 1 time massive exp/AAs reward.

To my surprise I can't do the Overseer tutorial, it will not let me collect the reward for the first one. And I don't have another level 85 character on the account to do the tutorial.

Any reason you didn't pop up the quest reward and warn me that I'm over the 10 cap? I would just click the reward without zoning and everything would be fine. I get that would potentially give a scenario where someone does the tutorial and loses all the rewards, but that's on them. As it stands now I'm screwed for 2 weeks.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

Most of my characters are in that same boat except I was saving them for the next expansion. /sigh
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The time it took you to type that message was probably the length of time it would take xping to replace one of those quest rewards. I kid … but only sort of.

I suspect that the GMs are sick and tired of answered petitions based upon folks going over 10 quest rewards and zoning, or having power failures, or quitting, or just plain being dumb. So for the new thing, why not end all petitions and just make these not able to go past 10. If it frees up more time for folks to do something more important (which pretty much anything would be), I'm all for that.

If you are willing to ignore the new system for 2 weeks for a silly xp reward ...

… and yes, I've probably lost more xp to being at cap and having to burn rewards that you have earned in your EQ life. So it's not just you. But most of us realize that it's a drop in the bucket and move on.