Overseer Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Just think if they added nearly every other in-game currency to the Overseer vendor. Then you could buy nearly anything you wanted that was purchasable by coin.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree, though with how many collection items there are you might need a vendor per expansion for this.

I just really wish that the Bazaar (and if implimented the vendor) could filter out any collection items you already have in your collection.
  3. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

That would also be good for the overseer reward windows. Since you can't back up and pick something different if you make a mistake and select something you already have, and they aren't tradeable or heirloom, you're stuck wasting them if that happens.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Actually, after seeing how Overseer works currently, it should have all been a currency based system.

There should be no categories/task types...just tasks and agents. For every certain number of successes, a new level of tasks is unlocked (common, uncommon, rare, etc.). The task rotation would work like it does now...every 12 hours, the tasks rotate.

The reward choices for each task should have been: XP, Merc XP, or currency (this makes it easy if you want to add new choices in the future, like maybe AAs). Obviously, the higher level tasks would award more of each, and critical successes would add to that. The easy, low level tasks would only take six hours, and each higher level taking more time.

Put the collection and ornament dispensers on the merchant for X amount of currency. Put a "component dispenser" on the merchants for X currency that work like the other dispensers...when you click the reward button, you get a list of expansions, choose an expansion and get the tradeskill components just like it works now.
    Sprooce, Ssdar, CrazyLarth and 3 others like this.
  5. Vividor Elder

I've been saving my Overseer Collection Item Dispenser Fragments from Overseer quests during months and today I decided to use them to create Overseer Collection Item Dispensers and do some collections for an alt character.

I had 532 Overseer Collection Item Dispenser Fragments stored in my bank, but when I clicked them I did not get 133 Overseer Collection Item Dispensers. For some reason in my cursor there were only 37, so 96 items are lost just because they do not autoinventory and also you do not get a warning message and game do not block it when you reach the max number of items allowed in your cursor (if there is any).

Fortunately, I opened a ticked and a GM restored the lost items to me. However, it should be fixed.
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

No sense in even having the 'Merc AA' reward available. In every instance I've seen with it as an option, claiming straight xp with your merc out gives more. Without taking any of yours away.
    Vividor, Metanis and Elyssanda like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's only 110+. At the lower levels, claiming the straight Merc AA reward is slightly more than claiming the XP/merc AA reward. In the mid-90s, claiming the XP reward only gives about 7% of a merc AA.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Add the ornament combiner to the overseer vendor.

Also remove the dumb no trade/attainable flag on collectibles. Let people sell or trade or give away their excess overseer collectibles.
    Coagagin and Yinla like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Collectibles didn't have that originally, but somebody called out the Fun Police and made the ones you get via Overseer come into the world already attuned. Apparently the trader bot accounts raised a stink about it since they would no longer have a market on those hard to get shinies, and Daybreak caved. There was really no other reasonable or logical explanation for why they made the change, and they never bothered to try and provide one.

If you really need to trade a collectible you got from Overseer to another toon, you can always unattune it like any other piece of gear.
    Coagagin, Wyre Wintermute and Skuz like this.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

It is just stupid they changed it. Previously a maxed character had a reason to do Overseer beyond the 1 quest per week to refill any exp lost from raids. They could do Overseer for collectibles and help out their alts/guildmates/new players.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Numiko Augur

I really don't see the point of the recent update, yes we got new agents and new quests, but they all give the same rewards as the old quests, we can still only do 5 quests at a time and can only go up to level 5

.. it was like adding new quests in game that take exactly the same steps to complete as an old quest, maybe in a new zone and they give out the same reward as the old one .. yaaa another Iron Ration!! :rolleyes:
    Yinla and Velisaris_MS like this.
  12. mewkus Augur

Enhancements I would like to see...
    - When opening the Overseer Window, only report the heroes that have been recovered since the last time the window was opened. I don't need a recap of all the heroes that have been recovered in the past month.
    - On the Active Quests page/tab, display how much time is left on each of the active quests without having us click them individually to see which ones are done.
    - On the Quests page/tab, give an indication of which category the quest is so we don't have to click all of them to find the one we want.
    - Also on the Quests page/tab, use a different color for the Easy quests than the Common quests, again, so we don't have to click all the way through to find the quests we want to do.
    - For the recovery quests, give us an indication of which hero(es) will be recovered. It kinda sux spending 12 hours on a crap-shoot to recover a couple of common heroes who only had a couple hours of incapacitation left.
    - After doing two or three conversion quests, include a higher density conversion quest that lets you convert 6 or 9 heroes into 2 or 3 higher level ones... this would avoid a bunch of excess mouse clicks.
    - When converting Uncommon heroes, display the iconic heroes with more than one instance of them at the top of the hero select window.
    - Add a new conversion quest, Elite Conversion, that converts a single Elite and a single Rare into a different Elite. It would have the same effect as retiring an Elite into two Rares and converting those two plus a third. Maybe make this quest an additional reward from doing a Rare Convert quest so that it doesn't clutter up the quest listing until a user might want to make use of it.
    Moege likes this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Adding a sort/display by type option to the quest list would solve this. They did it for the agents, no reason not to do it for quests.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

Well I hope they are working on adding COV for Overseer and do not forgot or say they did not have time for it. I am saving all mine to finish COV when the next Exp comes out that I do not get around to.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's how it's set up to work...when a new expansion hits, it automatically unlocks the previous expansions collectibles in the dispenser reward window.

And yes, I'm hoarding them as well. Two of my three accounts now has enough dispensers to finish CoV collections on day 1 of the new expansion (on mains, the alts get nothing). I should be able to finish accumulating enough on the last account in a couple of months.
    Skuz, CrazyLarth and Nennius like this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Those poor alts. Saving up here too.
    CrazyLarth and Velisaris_MS like this.
  17. Windance Augur

I'd still like to see some way to use the retired elites for some non trivial AA.

It was nice to be able to get most of the new agents by retire 30+ elites down to commons and converting them back up to rares ( and having major RSI pain after 4+hrs of doing that ) ... but I'd rather be able to use those for something like glyph's of destruction.
  18. mewkus Augur

I would like to add to my list
    - A means of changing the time when the quests rotate. On Bristlebane in the Pacific time zone, the quests currently rotate at approximately 12:30 am & pm. This means if I want to do any of the quests that show up between 12:30am and 12:30pm, I either have to stay up late, or interrupt my work-prep routine in the morning to log in and set up the quests.