Overseer: Recovery quests not recovering agents

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Axxius, May 10, 2020.

1. Axxius Augur

This has happened a few times. I have an incapacitated agent, let's say 'Captured'. I do a quest 'Recover Captured Agent'. It's successful. I claim the reward, and it does nothing: the captured agent is still captured.

At first I didn't pay much attention and thought I missed something. But now I carefully check before claiming the reward of each recovery quest. And it keeps happening. Sometimes they work and recover incapacitated agents. Other times, nothing happens.

Let me know if you need more detailed information, and what kind of details.
    Barton, Cacky and Yinla like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Make sure you don't have more than one agent with that specific incapacitation because the recovery is random. If you have more than one agent eligble to be recovered, you don't get to pick which one.
  3. Axxius Augur

Already made sure to check that. And even checked that the agent and the quest are of the same rarity (which I think is not necessary). But it keeps randomly happening.

Last night I had 2 Uncommon agents that were Captured, no other Captured agents of any kind, and an Uncommon quest 'Recover Captured Agent' completed. After claiming the reward, both of those agents remained Captured.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just curious, are you trying to use a "recovery" quest reward from one you just comleted or a quest reward that you had run previously and just saved the the reward for when you had an agent matching that incapacitation?

I only ask because most of the time I get a recovery quest, it doesn't match the type of ANY of the incapacitated agents I have. So, I typically just do the quest and save the reward until I have a matching agent. I'm wondering if saving the reward makes it not work later on.
  5. Baldur Augur

You need to check ALL of your incapacitated agents. It's possible it's selecting any of them if you saved the reward.

I've never had it not work, but it can be very random in which ones it picks when you save them for later.
  6. Axxius Augur

Just now (povar.Axxius):
    • Commander Gearwell: Shaken (9h 37m).
    • No other shaken agents on the list.
    • Recover a Shaken Agent: Success.
    • [Mon May 11 12:49:49 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Recover a Shaken Agent
    • Commander Gearwell: Shaken (9h 35m)
    The quest did literally nothing.
  7. Axxius Augur

Next one:
    • Dwigus Lowater: Missing (33h 19m)
    • No other missing agents.
    • [Mon May 11 12:54:11 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Recover a Missing Agent
    • Dwigus Lowater: Missing (33h 18m).
  8. Axxius Augur

Oh wait... Commander Gearwell is no longer shaken! So claiming the reward for the next quest fixed him? Or the agent list was out of sync and didn't update.

Upd: I relogged to see if it will update. Guess what:
    • Dwigus Lowater: Missing (33h 13m)
    • Commander Gearwell: Shaken (9h 27m)
    Gearwell is back to shaken!! o_O

So yeah... Some weird stuff is going on here.
    Cacky likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

That's a good idea. I haven't tried that yet. When I get recovery quests that don't match any of my agents, I just do something else. All my cases of the quests not recovering any agents are from quests that are completed with the matching agents, and reward is claimed right away.

This stuff keeps happening, on all my chars too. Sometimes the agents get recovered, sometimes not. I doubt that I'm the only one experiencing this. Hopefully the devs find a way to reproduce and fix it.