Fixed Internally Overseer recovery quest recovered wrong agent

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by OlavSkullcrusher, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've said from day one of Overseer that the incapacitation chance actually works backwards from the way it should work. You should have the greater risk at lower category levels, and higher levels should have less risk, since you've put in the time to level up that category.

For example, if you're doing a Harvesting task with Level 1 in Harvesting XP, then the listed incapacitation chance should apply. But as you level up in that category, the chance for something bad happening to an agent should be going DOWN, not remaining the same or becoming worse. That's the benefit of leveling up. Elite agents should only be incapacitated once in a blue moon if you've maxxed out that category XP. Instead, I regularly have 2-3 agents out of commission when a task finishes.
    OlavSkullcrusher and Skuz like this.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I often hold over a single recovery quest. Simply, at all level 5, the requirement overlap on quests is crazy and the pool to choose from reliably shrinks. Additionally, a majority of elite quests just can't be attempted, so having the elites ready for the few which can be done.. I like to have that option.

Overall, I don't see why there would need to be so many recovery quests. There's no need for common, uncommon, rare, and elite... then also having one for every type of incapacitation possible for each rarity. If the recoveries were limited to the rarity + the incapacitation type.. I would definitely use them much less often.

I'd be more inclined to just say.. have 1 recovery mission. Every six hours, there would be 1 recovery mission sitting there, much like recruit missions. Have it a set 6-hour completion. Different rarities? Sure, 4 potentials is fine. Spice it up. The types of incapacitation add "flavor" to Overseer, but let's face it, no one really cares if it is a capture or wounded.

There's much more I'd like to see about recovery and such, but it would be a HUGE overhaul of the overseer system.

I really hope this is just a confirmed bug and it is left to sit and rot, until adequate resources can be justified to overhaul Overseer.
  3. cadres Augur

Just had some really bad issues with this
    I wanted to recover a missing and a discredited agent. I have saved recovery quest rewards on all my toons for just such an occasion.

Switch to toon 2 and use discredited recovery. This works, all is well. No missing reward on this toon so...
    Switch to toon 3 - the 'recovered' discredited agent is now still discredited. Use another discredited reward and a missing reward. The missing reward 'recovers' a captured agent (that I don't need). so...
    Switch to toon 4 Use 2 missing rewards. Both 'recover' the captured agent. The discredited agent is back to still being discredited. So...
    Switch to toon 5. Repeat recovery of both. (note that the captured agent is still, in fact, captured). Neither reward does anything. No message of any sort except 'you have received your reward...'

Not a happy bunny

I see loads in upcoming patch re development of Overseer, but nothing about fixing this confirmed bug.
    What's happening?
  4. cadres Augur

This is still a problem
    Just used *three* captured recovery quests to try and recover a particular blue agent
    Each time (the same) two different agents were 'recovered' (one blue, one grey) ie princess joleena was 'recovered' three times, according to the message received

But she wasn't -princess joleena is actually banished, so we are apparently trying to recover the wrong agent three times
  5. Gialana Augur

I don't know if this information with help track down the bug, but here goes.

A few days ago, I had an elite blacklisted finish with a critical success. Before I claimed the reward, I checked my list of incapacitated agents. There were 4 or 5 incapacitated. Two were suffering from blacklisted, an elite agent (Marcia, I think) with either around 6 or 12 hours left before recovery and a rare agent (Shift, I think) with around 60 hours left before recovery. The remaining incapacitated agents were common. I didn't pay attention to how much longer they would be incapacitated, but they definitely weren't blacklisted.

When I claimed the reward, Shifty was recovered (yay), but an uncommon agent with a different ailment was also recovered (boo). So the elite agent with the correct incapacitation was not recovered.
    cadres likes this.
  6. Axxius Augur

Currently, all recovery quests do the same thing: recover completely random incapacitated agents. It doesn't matter what difficulty they are or what type of ailment.
    cadres and tanith like this.
  7. Mukkul Augur

I got offered a Level 5 Elite recovery quest called Missing Recovery.
    I have a Level 5 Elite agent whose status is "Missing" (Phinigel).
    After completing the quest, it did not recover Phinigel, instead it recovered some useless common agent.

Overseer recovery is not working right.
    tanith and cadres like this.
  8. cadres Augur

This is *still* not working properly

I wanted to recover a missing elite agent. I used an appropriate recovery quest.
    It recovered an uncommon agent and a common agent (who may or may not have been missing)
    Switched to another toon on same account. Use another elite missing recovery quest. It recovers the same common agent. Use a random elite recovery quest, it recovers Lanika Shadestepper for the third time (she was definitely recovered from whatever already!)
    Tried another toon on same account. use another 2 x elite recover quests. Yet again Lanika is recovered along with another random agent

So I'm 5 recovery quests down and haven't recovered the guy with 16 hrs on missing

Is there actually any point in doing/saving these elite recovery quests?

Is anything happening to fix this?

Is it all a cunning move to make us spend currency on recovery?
    tanith likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Other than maxing out that category? Nope.
  10. JorgeFerr New Member

Still happening.
    Category: Quest
    Date/Time: Wed Jul 13 04:02:19 2022

Character: Level 116 Beastlord (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby

Description: I just completed the quest "Discredited Recovery" which is supposed to recover a rare agent. I had one elite agent, one rare agent and four common agents incapacitated. The recovery quest recovered one of the common agents instead of the rare agent