Duplicate overseer quests with no agents

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by mewkus, Oct 28, 2021.

1. mewkus Augur

While this doesn't sound like the same problem where all of the agents are abandoning the quest, I have seen where if you keep your character logged on too long (e.g. afk in lag pile), the failure rate goes way up. I don't know if this is related to the agents becoming unavailable (which was supposedly just fixed) or not, but try logging out every once in a while if this sounds like what's happening to you.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I have had times on one account were 5-7 rare agents will just vanish eventually they show up but its weird.

Andarriel
  3. mewkus Augur

This problem still persists even after the November patch.

To be clear, this problem is where a quest is started with a full slate of agents and some time prior to completion, all of the agents are removed from the quest, which then subsequently fails.

It has happened to me on several of my accounts.
  4. Osteo.Bonegirl Journeyman

To resolve that issue, I have had to log all the way out of game and come back in, whereupon my mysteriously absent agents are now available for quests. Annoying, yes, but it's a workaround.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  5. mewkus Augur

That's a fix for the problem where agents didn't show up as being available to assign to a quest. This is a different problem where a quest that's already started (with agents assigned) and over time, all the agents get unassigned and the quest fails.
  6. mewkus Augur

cadres likes this.
  7. mewkus Augur

This has not improved any. In fact, it seems to be getting worse. It used to happen about once every week or two. Now, I rarely go a day without getting hit by it.
    Velisaris_MS and cadres like this.
  8. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

I have been seeing the same thing: I select all my agents, go quest, and when I go to complete the quest, all my agents have disappeared and I fail the quest.
    [IMG]
  9. mewkus Augur

Just to make sure this doesn't fall off the radar screen, this bug is still happening. It doesn't seem to be as frequent as it was a month ago, but occurs about 5 to 10 percent of the missions.
  10. mewkus Augur

In case there's still doubt, here's a screenshot from today
    [IMG]
  11. mewkus Augur

12. Nilwean Elder

This is still happening
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

If you mean the seasons of the dead one its not the same thing, the data was not ready in time for test or live. Wait for the patch in 2 weeks.
  14. Nilwean Elder

Nope. I started a quest with a bunch of agents, logged out, logged back in, and the quest was running with no agents assigned.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Were you in economy mode?
  16. Nilwean Elder

17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Strange then.
  18. Soulbanshee Augur

Did you /beta the night before? I can't say for sure if its related or not, but a bunch of us noticed that after we ran the command, our Overseer agents got phantom duplicated when we logged in next. I was able to correct it by camping to desktop and back in. I wonder if this is related, if the game let you use agents that you may not really have had available. It was either the command or something else happened over the past weekend that caused agents to phantom duplicate on the next login.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  19. mewkus Augur

As we approach the one year anniversary of this bug report, can we get another assurance from Daybreak that it hasn't fallen off the developer's radar screen?

I am still getting quests/tasks where the assigned agents go poof.
  20. tanith Augur

I wasn't, until today when it happened twice - 2 accs, both with the new holiday quests. One completed successfully, in spite of the apparently AWOL agents, one failed

Some others had the bug because they had a holiday quest in progress and after quests rotated got the same quest available again - while one was still active. If you do the same quest twice, at the same time, one or both will disappear,

I assume having the same quest available twice is also a bug?