Duplicate overseer quests with no agents

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by mewkus, Oct 28, 2021.

1. mewkus Augur

I have two active overseer quests with no agents listed as participating. One quest started about 10 hours ago, the other about a half hour ago. I've camped to character select screen and they still show as empty. I've exited client and repatched, and they still show as having no agents.

I've seen instances where I have quests completed with no agents and suffering the resulting fail (as success chance is only 24%). This is the first time I've seen active quests with no agents.
    NyteShayd, Nilwean, Carden and 5 others like this.
  2. mewkus Augur

As feared, the first of the two came back as a failure.
    [IMG]
    A screenshot of it can be seen at http://eq-manager.com/EmptyOverseerQuest.png
    (i tried to include it directly, but the message board software doesn't seem to be working quite right)
  3. Forcallen Augur

I have had like 6 failures this week, previously like 6 failures in total ever. I just chalked it up to bad RNG but I'll have to keep an eye out if this bug is the reason.

I do know every day I sign in and handle my completed tasks but then have to camp out to pick new ones otherwise some or most of my agents show up as missing. Very very annoying.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I wonder if the "disappearing available agents" bug has crept into the "questing agents" category.
  5. niente Developer

I am currently working on this bug: three overseer Elites not showing up for quests

The bug you are reporting is likely caused by the same thing. Originally the Overseer system had a lot of code attached to saving active quests, which was separated when fixing the previous bug with missing quests. Some of this removal created bugs with agents. Hopefully this bug will get fixed as part of the fix to the other bug.
    Windance and Velisaris_MS like this.
  6. cadres Augur

I've seen this a few times
    IIRC they all completed normally
    I also very often get the odd 24% thing showing in red - I never set quests less that 80% so have never paid this much attention and it never seems to have had any effects

OTOH I have, for the first time in many months. had 2 Overseer quests disappearing - one yesterday morning and one today
  7. Crystilla Augur

I just had something else happen. For a long time now I've had what has been reported as having eligible agents that are "ready" not showing as available when I try to start new quests. Stopped me from doing any recruit or collection reward requests for a while now. BUT today I had something new - a new bug I've never seen. Maybe it's tied in with the other bugs?

I selected a quest with 1 required character (class "A") and 2 optional, the first which was the same Class "A" as the required one. However, after selecting the first agent, I moved to the 2nd which required the same type and it brought up a new screen as if there was a disconnect between the agent type showing on screen and what was coded behind the scenes. I needed a diplomat for both but the screen changed for the 1st optional one and it brought up some other class's characters, none of which worked as a diplomat.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

This bug is happening to me right now.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

After I log over to another character on the same account, the agent is not even listed at all. Even when I log back over to the same character that received the quest reward, the agent is gone.

[IMG]
  9. mewkus Augur

The issue of all agents dropping from the quest seems to be happening more often. I've had it happen five times to me over the past week.

I always make a point to log all the way out (to desktop), rerun the patcher, and log back in before starting any quests. When this does happen, logging out and back in does not clear the issue. I will still fail the quest.
  10. mewkus Augur

I noticed there was a fix for the missing agents bug that you thought may have been related to this one. Did your debuging/diagnostics show they are related or is this still an issue?

Since the burst of no agent quests I experienced last week (about six of them), I've not had any since the weekend. So, hopefully this was just a passing thing or it was stealthfully fixed.
  11. Yorag Journeyman

Every day when I log in to do my Overseer quests, only about half of my 230+ agents show up as "Ready". Logging completely out of the game and then back in usually fixes this problem. Shouldn't have to do this every time I log in to play. Is there a fix in the works for this issue?
  12. Smix New Member

Is this related to this? If not I'll do a separate report. When I stay logged on for long periods of time my available agents start looking like this.
    [IMG]
    Svann2 likes this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, it's all related. The fix is to log all the way out and back in, and then do Overseer before you ever zone. Zoning reduces the number of available agents every time you do it.

I think they've put in a fix on the beta server, so hopefully it'll be fixed on live servers with this month's patch.
    Keella likes this.
  14. mewkus Augur

Logging out and back in fixes the problem with agents not being available to assign to a quest. It doesn't do anything for fixing the problem where a quest that is already active drops all the assigned agents. I've tried logging all the way out (to desktop), logging in on a different character, and all sorts of other permutations and the quest still progresses with no agents. I've tried watching it as the timer completes and it just goes straight to fail. I've tried being logged in without viewing it while timer expires and it still fails. I've tried being logged out while the timer expires, and the quest still fails.

I am hopeful that niente's fix for the problem where agents aren't available to be assigned that's expected during next patch will fix this. In a previous post, he/she thought they may be related, so I've got my fingers crossed.
  15. Gialana Augur

It seems that a quest doesn't roll for it's success or failure or any agent incapacitation until it has focus in the Active Quests tab. I'm just curious if you would still see quests without agents if you only ever opened the Overseer window after logging in from the server select. Have you tried that?
  16. mewkus Augur

I have started a quest, gone to bed, and then to work the next day. After logging back in (15+ hours later), I'd go straight to overseer (since doing something else could cause agents to become unavailable as described elsewhere). Even in some of those instances, I've had empty quests that have failed.

Empty quests report about a 25% success chance, but they've all failed for me. None have been successful.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I had a thread on this a few months back and a dev offered to log on and check, but the character in question changed servers.

This past week, we have heroiced 2 more characters on FV server and neither of them is capable of doing Recruit missions at all, and neither of them can do more than 1-2 mission, often with only ONE required agent, per cycle.

For more than 80% of the given mission, we have only one, if any agents qualified.

BOTH of the accounts use DBC to add an agent pack at the start and STILL thay can't do them.

Dudes, Dudettes, dear devs, I love Everquest, but on Overseer, you guys jst don't get it.

GO BUY MS EXCEL and make a FN spreadsheet already.

Seriously? How hard is it to make sure utter washouts can't happen?

Does anyone TEST this?

Out of 5 characters heroiced over the past 6 months, 3 have been utterly blanked, one so bad we deleted the heroic and rerolled it to get agents that worked.

Do a spreadsheet already

Do a spreadsheet already

Do a spreadsheet already

Do a spreadsheet already

Do a spreadsheet already

(Once for each thread on this issue we've participated in over the past 6 months.

And having BOUGHT (4) agent packs because this happens and it not working = will never ever spend a penny on Overseer.

This sucks and is a ripoff. Paid for agents that don't match ANY missions.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

Logged in and complete active overseer quests, this updated agent roster.
    Start 4 new quests, left 1 open.
    Waited 10 minutes for overseer quest rotation
    Tried to start 5th quest but ready agents would not show up in quest party list.
    Other agents were also observed to be missing from list, instead of busy (zero) in list.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Logged out to desktop and back in as it is a known workaround.
    Problem solved.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Rinse and repeat.

Bug: Overseer system looses coherence after completing quests and accepting rewards.
  19. mewkus Augur

I started a quest 15 minutes prior to the servers shutting down for today's (nov 17) patch. When I logged back in (post patch), it was listed as having no agents in it and a 46% success rate (easy level 5 quest).

I don't know if the agents got booted from the quest prior to the patch or after. Hopefully it was before and the problem's been fixed.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea ever since they added new agents and quests i get alot of failures too! i had a few accounts with just a few and now there upto the 15-20 on failures. pretty stupid as all the quests i do are 85-90% i even had two failures in a row what the chances! Very annoying but what can you do :(

Andarriel