Fixed Internally Overseer quests - don't always show up on other chars

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yinla, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

I had this happen to me for the first time last night on one of my accounts.

- Was in lobby and started enough quests to be 5/5
    - Was AFK for a while
    - Took my crew to an instance to get some collectibles
    - Killed for maybe half an hour or so, took a short break, checked the quests on that toon
    - Active Quests: 6/5; the new quest was a conversion quest that I had done earlier in the evening; since it was a conversion, it was already finished and the only way I could clear it was to click the claim reward button (the Abandon button was grayed out)

I didn't lose any agents (since those had already been removed), but I did get the same Uncommon agent I had received earlier. I had not logged out or switched characters on that account...just some AFK, zoning, and killing.

This is most definitely a bug that needs to be addressed.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they can track it down, I've been giving them char names so they can hopefully track down the issue.

This morning I had 3/5 quests on Yinla got her back upto 5/5 quests went off and did some TS stuff, and zoned a couple of times, checked her a few minutes ago and she is 7/5, one is a quest she has already had rewards from once, the other I've no idea.
  3. Baldur Augur

I've had this happen as well, had 5/5 quests, check later and now it's 4/5. I've only had the 6/5 happen once.

I can't tell you how or why though, it seems very random. I'm running quests on 6 all access accounts.

I do have full 10 quest rewards on all my mains on those 6 accounts, so I have to switch characters to claim the overseer rewards. So I'm switching characters a lot when doing it.
  4. Yara_AB Augur

Ok - I tried to pay a bit more attention to quests showing up in addition to the maximum number running already.
    From my observation those are usually quests that were completed earlier and - at least as far as I can tell - they always end up not being successful.
  5. Thunderkiks Augur

Ok I thought I was going crazy. I'm getting older so I just put the blame on myself. But now seeing so many others with issues maybe I'm not the problem.

I have had both scenarios. I have come back to having a character that I did 5/5, then I swap characters or even servers to get other quests taken care of and come back and it's at 4/5.

I have also had times where I go to the active quest screen and its 6/5. That has only happened twice.
    The 4/5 happens quite a bit.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

I have seen 6/5 and it was a conversion quest that reappeared not long after I had completed one.
  7. Diani Augur

Diani
    Diabow
    Clerdia, all on AB have experienced this issue.

Yesterday when Diani came back from being afk in the guildlobby she had a whopping 10/5 quests.
    I try to keep them on 5/5 all the time, but I have come back to them to find 3/5 4/5 6/5 7/5 on several occasions.
  8. Diani Augur

Just came back online after AB was down:
    Diani 6/5 quests !
    Diatreehugger (same account as diabow) 6/5 quests !
    Clerdia 5/5 quests
    Dianimage 3/5 !
    Dianimagetoo 6/5
    Dianimagica 9/5
  9. Aanuvane Augur

I have experienced this as well across several characters/accounts. I always make sure I'm at 5/5 once I stop messing with Overseer and I frequently come back to 4/5 and I just got one of the 6/5 scenarios that others have reported. Doing this across 4 accounts, I'm not keeping records of what tasks I start on which characters, but I *know* for sure I never stop with anything less than 5/5 tasks and I've returned to the 4/5 scenario at least 3 times and the 6/5 once.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Last night I logged out with only 1 task on two of my toons (1 recruitment task on each one). I was too tired to mess with starting any more.

I logged in this morning with each of those toons having 3/5 quests. The two extra quests were finished (successes) and ones that I had finished the night before. Of course the only way to clear them out is to collect the reward.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Rhandom Journeyman

Getting this as well, collect the rewards on 1 char switch to another to gain some exp and quests are missing. Must admit I don't mind having 8/5 and being able to claim the same rewards on both chars as it is the only way to get rid of them.

LOL
  12. Ravenclaws New Member

Had this happen when I change chars, but also when I don't, I've even had this happen just by zoning. Both losing and gaining quests.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How much more info do you want?

I've given you names of chars so you can look into it. This is still happening and becoming very, very annoying.

Across 6 accounds all of them are lose chars, I'm starting to have to zone before logging out to make sure quests don't vanish, 4 our of 6 I have to redo the last quest I just picked and 1 has a quest return that has all ready been claimed. Never the same accounts all accounts do this randomly and I cannot see any reason from the client side for it to do this.

I've tried it in different zones, opening and closeing the overseer several times, it still happens

Is there any other information we can give you to get this fixed?
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Collected all 5 quests on Sneakyyin in guild lobby
    Did a few conversions
    Set up 5/5 quests
    Zoned into guild hall I now have 8/5 quests!

How is this possible?

*Edit* reclaimed 4 again 4 of the quests I had originally, but I can no longer request the 5th task I had chosed as it is no longer on the list.

I originally thought it was just giving me the last quests I had done, but my conversions didn't return my original quests did.

No idea if I have the agents from my conversions or not.

Took a 12 hour quest to make it 5/5

*Edit 2* zoned to the guild lobby I now have 4/5 quests.
    None of the old quests have come back, I've just lost 1, which was "beyond the cave" the 12 hour quest I've just taken.

Zoned back into the guild hall and I finally have 5/5 quest working!
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

On Yinpurr

Claimed all 5/5 quests in Guild Lobby
    Did a couple of conversions
    Collected 5/5 quests, 12 hour ones
    Zoned to Guild hall 4/5 quests
    Missing quest "Tactical Error" - Which wasn't the last quest I took.
    Zoned back to Guild Lobby all 5 quests are still there!

Maybe this is only effecting certain quests, I always thought it was my last quest I was loosing but evidently not.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

On Bedorie

Claimed all 5/5 quests in Guild Lobby
    created 5/5 quests zoned to Guild Hall
    Now has 3/5 quests
    Warding the Woods has returned that I claimed before
    Now the 3 12 hour quest she had picked are no longer on the quests list. They were the uncommon quests at the top of the quest list that I picked first.

Zoned to Age of Unity Village
    5/5 quests - Yay
    "Warding the Woods" is back! - "Brew for the day" is missing. /sigh
    Regot "Brew for the day"

Zoned back to Guild Hall
    6/5 Quests!
    "Warding the woods" is back yet again!
    But I have the 5 quests I picked still!

I give up!
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ketayni

Collected 4/5 quests in Guild Lobby - Recruit Garanel Ruckif still had time left on it
    Did a couple of conversion
    Started 4 quests to bring me to 5/5
    Zoned to Guild Hall
    now have 6/5 quests
    "Words from the deep" has once again returned.

Other 5 quests are active!

Logging her out for 12 hours!

Mudie lost a quest on zoning but wasn't awake enough then to pay attention to which
    Blackvelvet (my F2P account) had 3/3 and didn't lose any quests!

Possible the quest rotation isn't updating the client properly? So I'm picking quests which are no longer there, as a lot of the missing quests weren't there when I went to get them again.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Starting to think this is more than 1 bug.

Just did Mudies overseer who had 6 hour quests, collected all rewards in the guild hall and took out fresh quests, zoned to guild lobby and she had 6/5 quests, forgot to get the name of the quest she got back after claiming, but she still had all the quests she had just started. Overseer had not updated since starting quests.

1. There looks to be a bug when the overseer updates, in that it isn't updating the quests client side, so when we pick a quest we get a fake quest which vanishes once we camp or zone. We can then take a real quest but the full list of available quests is not there.

2. For some reason or other it isn't remembering which completed quests have been rewarded, the rewards stay but the quests return and can be reclaimed again (only way to get rid of them).This used to happen with the tutorial but I think that got fixed.

*EDIT*
    Sneakkyin - completed all 5/5 quests took fresh ones and zoned still the same 5/5 quests after zoning. :)
    Yinpurr - no quest ready still at 5/5
    Blackvelvet - collected 2 quests, got 2 new quests - no quests vanished on zoning 3/3
    Ketayni - no quests ready still at 5/5
    Bedorie - 1 quest competed rest not ready - zoned and kept 5/5 no returned quests

Conclusion - No quests lost, but the overseer quests hadn't been rotated. Mudies was the only account which had not been logged out as I had been playing it all day and that was the one which got the quest return when she zoned, not sure if camping out updates more data then just zoning.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just taken 3 attempts on Blackvelvet (F2P account) to stop Recruit Traveller quest from vanishing. Everytime I zoned it wasn't there when I checked active quests.

Ketayni took Recruit workers quest zoned and it and a couple of other quests vanished. Recruit Workers is no longer available, can't remember what the other 2 quests were that I took but looking at the quest list a couple are missing.

Once again this is happening after a quest rotation has taken place.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

All accounts had problems with quests vanishing after taking them, both Bedorie and Ketayni had quests show up again after zoning. Also noticed quests being rotated more than once.

Bedories log (all times are BST)

Took 3 zones to stop quests from vanishing

Ketaynis log

No quests vanished on the final zone, but Guard the Goods returned once again!