Overseer quest duration

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Axxius, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Axxius Augur

Can we please have the quest duration in Overseer shortened slightly, from 12 and 24 hours to 11.5 and 23.5 hours?

Consider an average player who logs on to the game daily at about the same time. You finish your Overseer quests and start new ones. But it's not instant, it takes a few minutes. Same time next day, the 24 hr quests are still those few minutes away from completion. If you wait those few minutes, then on the next day you will have to wait more. And more, and more, etc.

Or you can force the quest completion for 4-5 DBC, producing a meaningless store transaction.

If you play Overseer twice a day then you encounter this issue with almost every quest, as most of them are either 12 or 24 hr duration.

A slightly shorter quest duration would solve it.
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Should be more like 10 hours and 20 hours. Still won’t let everyone maximize due to work schedules, commutes etc but would help. I’d like 24 hour collect missions and 12 hour tradeskill missions too, but that would take more work.

The only way we’d get something is for cash tho, Something like -20% to overseer mission and recovery times if you have all 3 perks.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  3. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

My friend uncle that works at nintendo says there is a new perk coming.

PerkQuest
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This will never happen, as long as there is finish early with DBC.

Not that I wouldn't love to see it, myself.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This has been requested a few times since Overseer went live.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is 100% right on the nose. They make money selling the finish early.

Just do some 6 hour ones in between. 6 hour during day while your playing and set up the 12 hour one at night.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Axxius Augur

But it costs literally just 4 DBC to finish those quests with less than 1 hr left on them. It's like charging a 4 cent 'sale' to a credit card. It makes no sense.
  8. Axxius Augur

Not on the 4 DBC ones. Whatever profit they make on people insta-finishing quests after starting them won't be affected in any way.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I like this idea. Just like raid timers are 4.5 days not 5 days.