Fixed Internally Overseer: Mercenary EXP less than displayed.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sirene_Fippy, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Claimed quest rewards for these quests:
    [Wed Mar 11 23:24:29 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Neither Snow nor Rain...
    [Wed Mar 11 23:26:23 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Corflunk and Zarchoomi
    [Wed Mar 11 23:27:15 2020] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Pluck the Pups
    With my AA window open, I didn't get any mercenary AA (measuring before & after).
    Character: Sirene
    Server: Cazic

Edit: You must have a mercenary up to receive the EXP. Although this is probably how it's always worked, it would be a good thing to fix if you gain exp from a reward set intended to specifically give mercenary AA.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

Is this really right?

I did 4 quest 1 was 6 hours it failed 3 others were 12 hours and 1 failed... the other 2 that finished gave like 2-5% exp... SO you can't do 5 of the same quest types due to limits on having a type to work with. So you are talking weeks to get to level 2??? What is the max level on these?

I got 1 recruitment quest that i paid to finish to test some things but on one toon it was 35 hours an the other is 45 and I have not got a 2nd recruitment quest refresh yet. Without paying this overseer stuff seems like something that will take 6 months to get anywhere so it without question is a pay to win or just ignore system in EQ.

Seems like a total waste of time for devs that would have been much better spent on another zone for the expansion.

Not to mention the fact that conversions I have done have given me all the same type level 2 agent which is making more limits on what I can even do with this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes, it really is.

It will take either time or your money to build out your agent roster.
    It will take time or money to level up your Overseer stats.

Patience or Dollars, you have a clear choice.

P.S. it's a new system, give it a few weeks & someone will probably write up a guide on how to power through it quickly.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

it seems to finish quests early it only costs like 50 cents so there is something for people to spend their $5.00 monthly on.

I am just hoping I can get Esquille back - lost em on a conversion - wish there were guides so I hadn't done that lol.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Conversion Quests are how you convert 3 low level agents into one higher level agent.

If you bought a bunch of Overseer packs you would have a ton of grey con agents that you could convert into green con ones, then you can convert green ones into blue ones (border colour around the agent portraits).

So yes, you have lost Esquille for now, but you may be able to get her back though conversion of grey con agents.
    CatsPaws and code-zero like this.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

I didn't have a merc up and I got about 20-30% merc exp I had the window open and watch it given to me when I selected the reward.
  7. Veltio Journeyman

Claiming an overseer reward that states it will grant approximately 50% of a merc AA point is giving me about 10-12% of a merc AA point. I am a 98 SK, with 26 Merc AAs spent, 5 banked. The mercenary was suspended at the time I claimed the reward.
    FaloverC, enclee, Cacky and 1 other person like this.
  8. Maxxer Stabbing stuff on AB

Level 115 rog with just over 200 Merc AA.
    Claiming a 50% reward gave me exactly 12.5% Merc AA
    FaloverC likes this.
  9. klanderso Developer

For those who say they got less than they should, can you please reply here (or via PM) with your character name and server?
  10. Veltio Journeyman

Arctan on Luclin, this would have been on Thursday the 12th.
  11. cadres Augur

Just completed 'Dock Work' which promised 50% of a merc AA . I actually got just over 10%. Was watching carefully as it seemed that all the other merc xp rewards had woefully underperformed, so not a 'one off'
    (at lvl 155)
  12. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Merc AA xp rewards still broken.

Boor on Xegony just redeemed a 50% overseer quest reward … got 12.5% instead.
  13. Pikollo Augur

Adding to this. The last semi useful thing on overseer and its bugged lol.

Pikollo - Selo

75% reward gave 19% on 2 different rewards
    66.67% reward gave 17%

Raki - Selo same results with the exception of

100% reward gave 25%/fs
  14. Diani Augur

Adding data

Diani - AB
    Quest: Goblin watch
    Reward window say 50% of mercenary AA
    Option mercenary AA chosen
    Mercenary xp before: 86,536% After 99,036%
    Number of available merc AA before 13 after 13

Quest: Fuel the forge
    Reward window says approximately 0.28% required to go from lvl 112 to 113
    Option normal xp chosen
    Mercenary xp before: 99,036 After 0,17951
    Number of available merc AA before 13 after 14
    Normal xp gain as expected

Quest: Guard the goods
    Reward window says 75% of merc AA (Critical)
    Option mercenary AA chosen
    Mercenary xp before: 0,17951 After 0,35701
    Number of available merc AA before 14 after 14

For me the similarity between normal xp and merc xp option is striking.

I hope this helps
  15. smash Augur

Could it be so that you get a fixxed amount of mercenary xp and now the amount for a level is a lot higher now at 115 than it was at your level 110 ?
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I don't know whats up with the person saying they got 0. But I found the issue for "less than displayed" issue.
    Unfortunately, it is a display issue, and the reward is giving the intended amount.

The display is listing 4x the intended amount.
  17. That0neguy Augur

There's one more reason to never even open the window again.
    Moege and Skuz like this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Man, Overseer is looking more & more neutered every day.

It was like Ferrari brought out a replacement for the fabled F40 to compete with the Bugatti Veyron & after one day of it actually performing amazingly well took it back to the garage & reconfigured it to have the performance of a Nissan Prius, with the handbrake locked on!
    Moege and OldCa61 like this.
  19. Diani Augur

This feels wrong. Not because I would like to have just more AA (of course I do) but because now choosing merc AA specific on 1 quest yields as much merc AA as when choosing normal xp on another quest. This feels out of wack.
    cadres likes this.
  20. FaloverC Journeyman

Amtwo - Firiona Vie
    Malishis - Firiona Vie
    Amglin - Firiona Vie
    Weeby - Firiona Vie
    All separate accounts