Overseer gives no Merc AA XP

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NeverPayForLag, Aug 9, 2020.

1. NeverPayForLag Augur

Overseer rewards give no merc AA/XP

Setup:

- Gold Status
    - Merc is active
    - Merc is Apprentice T2

It shouldn't make any difference if the merc is active or non-active.
    It should not make any difference which merc type is active.
    It should not make any difference if silver or gold status is current.

Else it should at least mention that the AA/XP is wasted into Nirvana.

Tested that now on different characters/classes on different accounts now for the fourth time and failed again - not a single subpercent given (!). According to players the merc needs to be active. But that does not help. I assume that this is a bug with Apprentice T2 Mercs or the last patch has borked it.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You mean when you choose the reward? Cause most of them now say "No merc aa" in red and italics.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I assumed this is when claiming the merc exp option from overseer quest, cant remember off the top of my head which stat it is.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

On any that actually have Merc AAXP rewards you have to choose that option forgoing character xp reward in the process in order to get it.

Has been working just fine for me.

EDIT: Just completed an overseer & confirmed to work, level 85 heroic upgraded alt with T5 merc

Note the top left pane selection.

Claiming reward:

[IMG]

Reward awarded:

[IMG]
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

Thanks for that. Was now in PoK and changed mercs to T5 and tested again. It works on all accounts.
    Have to verify that again with a lower merc if I missed something. Will test that again.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just as an FYI I use Journeyman T5 merc, but didn't have a merc active.

If you do further testing on this it may be worth seeing which ones have the issue you found or if changing mercs has somehow fixed the bug & reverting back to the prior merc you no longer see this problem.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not sure of your level, but be aware that starting at around 110, choosing the character XP option (which inlcudes merc AA xp) will get you more xp for your merc than choosing the Merc XP option. At 115, you'll get about 3 times as much merc AA xp by choosing the character xp option.

And on that option, you DO have to have your merc out to benefit.