Overseer Collection Item Dispenser

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Namde, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Namde Augur

How do you collect from this? I inspect and preview it all the way down to the one collection item I want. Then what?

thanks
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

When you choose the dispenser, a box is placed in your inventory. Inspect that box and click the box on the inspect window to claim it.
  3. Namde Augur

Yup, I have it in my inventory and when I inspect it, I’ve been clicking the reward, not the actual box. I’ll try this later. Thank you
  4. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

You will get 3 items then the actual item to click. First is the box, then you get a item from the expansion you chose, then you get an item to click for the collection set you chose, then you get the actual collection item.
  5. DillyBar Augur

I agree this is confusing. I clicked around and finally got an item. I’m not sure I could do it again lol
  6. strikemaster Journeyman

Ok here's the thing. I am on the last step of a "collection item dispenser". I have the drop box with the item I want "miniature rock golem". What do I do now? I have tried left/right clicking the icon in the box. I try inspecting it and left/right clicking the icon there. There is no "claim" button to push anywhere. What is the next step?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It has been changed a little. You are given fragments for a reward now. So:

#1 complete quest and choose collection as reward from the base quest reward screen. This puts a little blue sparkly geode looking thing called "Overseer collection item dispenser fragment " on your cursor to put in your inventory. These can stack.

#3 You need 4 of them to make the final collection reward. Right click on the little geodes and it will eat 4 and give you an Overseer Collection Item Dispenser. This looks like a basket of little colored balls.

#4 Hold down right mouse button on basket and a item screen pops up. On this screen you need to click the button by the green "claim reward: and then in purple it says "Overseer Collection Item"

#5 Now the base quest reward screen pops up again and it will have a list of the expansions to choose from or an option to go back to the basket This screen will also now have the "preview" "inspect" and "select option" in bottom right corner.

#6 Choose which expansion you want. Once highlighted then in bottom right click "select option"

#7 Now you are given an item that represents that particular expansion and this pops into your inventory. For example "TDS" is a painting looking thing.

#8 Find it in your inventory and then Right Click/hold item and you again are at a base quest reward screen. Now click the claim reward square. This puts another list of the collection categorys in that expansion on your base reward screen.

#9 Select the achievement your collect is in. For example the TDS one might be "caverns of endless song" and then click "select option" in bottom right. This puts another item in your inventory - in this case a shell looking thing.

#10 This item is the lead item to the sub items for your collection. So once again right click/hold and base quest reward screen pops up again.

#11 Click claim reward and the final screen pops up with all the collects for each category in that line. Note even at this point you can select return to first Overseer Collection item or the main category of the ach arc for this item.

#12 Now when you click on the item you want and then select option it will pop that shiney in your inventory. Done??

#13 No there is more! Now right click that item to "collect' it and have it count towards the ach.

I know this is long but it is very convoluted and I think many others besides yourself are frustrated with the constant collect, reward screen, collect, click etc

Edit: It sounds like you missed step #10 and are still in the pre preview screen.
    Fanra and Tegila like this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

While there will still be many steps, we are looking at a method to at least let you stay in the reward window until you get the final item, then you will still need to click the collection item once you get it.

I.E. remove step 7,8, 10. Or otherwise phrased remove the sub-items and start with fragments that turn into dispensers that when you go through the steps gets a collection item. Still lots of steps, but less silly items in the middle.

There is no ETA at this time. We need a code change which is a bit backloged.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How much will will that change how I'm doing things now, I'm currently waiting until I have 3 or 4 depending on how many I'm missing on a collection set and doing each step on all of them at the same time, so I get 3/4 Rain of Fear, followed by 3/4 Shards Landing and then selecting the ones I'm missing from a set before doing any others.

I currently have a couple of Empires of Kunars sat in my bag to remind me which expansion I'm working on now.

I've also got a quest reward pending for TDS which I currently don't need, :rolleyes: cause I managed to click the wrong one, so it is sat their waiting until I play yet another alt up where they can use them.
  10. Mogley Lorekeeper

This is not working for me. I have followed this step by step and I cant collect anything. On step 5 it says "preview" "inspect" and "select option".

I only have two preview and inspect. On step 4 there is no purple mine is yellow

On 6 it says Choose which expansion you want and then it says hit select button, there is no select button. I have like 99 Collection Fragments and I would really like to collect some collections at some time or the other.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sounds like you may have UI issues. Do you use a custom UI? Do you run on a PC with low res (so, small window)?
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

At step 4: On that step you only see "preview and inspect" because you are clicking the purple "overseer collection item" link - instead click the box to the left of "claim reward"

Now your reward screen should show all 3 options on the bottom left and on the right a list of what you can collect. You can even chose to "recollect" the collect back to its original basket.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

this is what you should see when you right click the basket. The basket is still in my inventory but it will pop up that window on the right:

[IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
  14. Mogley Lorekeeper

No I do not have low res. I box 6 accounts on 3 monitors. The computer is a large gaming computer called Thor
  15. Mogley Lorekeeper

Ok I will try it again then
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you can get to that window then click that little black box on the left of where it says claim reward.

Don't click on Overseer Collection Item in purple - that will just bring a preview screen and that is where you see just the two options that your seeing.
  17. Mogley Lorekeeper

Ok got it Thank you Thank you. I had to go to the default UI for some reason, but it is working now
  18. Mogley Lorekeeper

You were right it was a UI thing. I changed it to default UI and did all 102 collection pieces made some massive AA's
  19. cool4joe New Member

Is this something that is eligible after a certain expansion? Mischief just reached SoD and I got one of these, but can't seem to use it. My only reward option is to get the item back.
  20. Riou EQResource

You can only use for -1 Current Expansion and collectibles don't start until RoF so you cant start using them until you reach CoTF
    Fanra likes this.