Overseer - Can not win new agents at all.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Joules_Bianchi, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Raccoo Augur

The heroic character was new, but had you ever used overseer on any characters on that account on that server before?

Like Skuz said, Overseer is not character based, it is account & server based.

If you've ever used overseers on Selos on that account on another character, and then retired the agents to transfer them with the character, it will keep the high missions that'll be difficult to do with mostly common agents.

If this isn't the case, you can ignore that. But it would be interesting to see screen shots of the overseer Quests and Stats pages.
  2. Gialana Augur

I'm usually sitting between 62% and 75% success chances on my overseer's quests. If I don't get to at least 62% with the required agents alone, I populate the optional agents until I do. With this strategy, I typically get a critical success between 1 out of 10 and 1 out of 5 quests. If it matters, all of my quest types are at least level 3.

Unfortunately, I got many agents through the recruit quests before they were changed, so I can't offer much advice there. It used to be that even when you had enough recruitment experience to be at level 5, you could still fill all required agents with common agents. That's no longer true.

Are all of your quest types (research, military, recruit, plunder, etc.) still at level 1? If so, that should give you the greatest chance of having the required agents. Once you get to level 2, or especially level 3, you may require uncommon agents or higher just to be able to start the quests of that type.

In summary, my advice is to shoot for at least a 60% success chance, hopefully with only the required agents. Also, look for the quests in the types where you have the least experience so that they have fewer requirements.
  3. niente Developer

Please send me a PM or post your character/server name here and I'll take a look. Thanks
    Stymie and Yinla like this.
  4. Aengus New Member

Overseer changes work fine for me. I usually only start them if I am 80%+. If I am 90+, I back off a better agent and put a lower one there, in case they go incapacitated. Shooting for 90+ is really overkill. Does that affect critical success? I doubt it. On this account, 4751 quests complete, 1180 critical success, 46 fails. That 80% starting quest is good enough for me.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Unfortunately, for the purposes of this particular discussion, we did /servertransfer the character in question, so the crash test dummy for this issue reset Overseer. Sorry I didn't get back to the thread sooner.

I see a new thread up today of someone who can not do recruit quest without a level 3 merchant, has none and can't get one.

I noted there are NEW agents and abilities and whatnot, but... maybe fix the gaps before adding more variables to the RNG?

Or maybe just make recruit quests (what you need to do if you don't have enough agents of a type) actually less restrictive?