Fixed Overseer bugs in specific quests - Mechamatic Mechanic

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mukkul, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Mukkul Augur

So there are a number of bugs in specific quests in Overseer related to what agents attributes they ask for, especially in the rarer advanced quests. Today we're going to talk about the Overseer quest Mechamatic Mechanic - Level 5 Rare Research.

1. This quest asks for 2 Explorers:
    Quest Party Slot 3: Explorer (4) / Fierce / Warrior
    Quest Party Slot 7: Explorer / Warrior / Dwarf / Bold / Rugged
    The problem is that there is only one agent - King Kazon Stormhammer - that meets all the listed attributes for both of those slots in the quest party. But as an elite agent, it is not possible to use Kazon twice. So it is impossible to meet all the bonus attributes for this quest.

2. This quest asks for the following Spy:
    Quest Party Slot 4: Spy / Clockwork / Cautious / Benevolent
    There are no agents that meet all of those criteria. The agent Clockwork VIIX comes closest, but that agent is a gnome, not a clockwork. This clockwork error occurs in multiple Overseer quests. Maybe that agent used to be designated as race: clockwork, but you changed its race to gnome after the quests were written? And so now all the quests that look for Clockwork VIIX are wrong, including this quest.

[IMG]
    Cacky and niente like this.
  2. Szilent Augur

Level 1 Elite Recovery task "Wounded Recovery" requires:
    Artisan(3) Necromancer/Rugged/Mummy
    Artisan(3) Goblin/Citizen/Hardy

only one Necromancer/Rugged/Mummy exists, the common Trueborn Embalmer - that one is an Artisan(2) so cannot be assigned

only one Goblin/Citizen/Hardy exists, the common Goblin Mapmaker - that one is an Artisan(2) so cannot be assigned

Level 5 Uncommon Recruitment task "Recruit Donna", similarly to the OP's difficulty, has two slots for which the only complete match is Nyzil Bloodforge. As an Iconic agent, he can't fill both.
    Hegsheoshed, Mukkul and Cacky like this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Level 1 Elite Recovery task "Discouraged Recovery" requires:

Explorer (3) - Half-elf/Frivolous
    Explorer (3) - Skeleton

Only Half-elf/Frivolous is the Tunarian Scout (Common) which is Explorer (2)
    Only Skeleton explorers are Enraged Dwarf Skeleton and Barbed Bone Skeleton (both Common) and both are Explorer (2)

It seems all of the Elite Recovery tasks are designed to look for the attributes of a specific common agent, but also are requiring a skill level of 3, which none of the common agents can meet.
    Hegsheoshed, Mukkul and Cacky like this.
  4. Roartyger Smoot Elder

I just had this happen to me with the Level 1 Elite Recovery task. I selected the Elder Fire Drake for the first slot and the Dark Elf Courier for the second slot. I fully expect this mission to end and have a triple critical success. Seriously. I am not joking. I am super serial about my expectations on this mission.

I am getting ready to shut my boxes down for a few days as I will be away from home to go do work fixing up a bathroom and kitchen in a house where there was never any concern about having a bathroom and kitchen all these past years. Thank you Joey my nephew. Spoiled little brat

So I am already super pissed about something else. Passing up an elite recovery and it's chances at getting more agents just isn't something I can do. Running the mission with less and hoping for that critical success? NO! I demand that critical success now. Considering that this was posted about before the last patch I am puzzled as to how it wasn't fixed already.

Maybe some new agents added. Narra Tanith is a half-elf.

Maybe Grazhak the Berserker should be an agent. It might be the only way some people even see him.

Not one single evil eye agent?

Anyway the last bits are just random thoughts. I doubt if we can reasonably expect more agents.
  5. Szilent Augur

Level 3 Uncommon Stealth "Clockwork Caves"
    asks for Spy / Clockwork / Benevolent

doesn't exist.

there's one Clockwork spy, the Rogue Clockwork. It's Malicious, that jerk.
    and another non-clockwork Benevolent spy, Clockwork VIIX (this part not a bug, he's actually a gnome in disguise)
  6. TrueNorth Developer

This should be fixed as of the July 2021 update. If you find more quests with no matching traits, please let us know.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

Welcome to funny farm Mr. TrueNorth!
  8. Febb Augur

I bet his/her Divination is maxed.
    Metanis likes this.