Overseer Agent Conversion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bobokatt, Jul 20, 2021.

1. demi Augur

ok i didnt know where to post this , but has anyone else had issues with Overseer in regards to not finding any available quests that can get over 80% ?

for the last 3 rotations now whenever I try to do any quest I cant get any of them over 80% .. before it was no problem to achieve a 85 to 92% ..

was just wondering if anyone else has been having this issue ?

I dont usually start Overseer tasks if its below 80% due to the failure rate..
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I have all the agents + dupes of non iconic (at least)... with the "best" choice in each position, the normal rate seems to be 88% for common/uncommon, Somewhere between 82-85% for rare, and pretty close to 82% for Elite.

Except for recovery. Common recovery is 93% using common agents. The levels are roughly the same, with the best choices added in. I've had a few elite recoveries with really low success (but never failed) around 76%.

The lowest quest %'s, I've seen, were from recruitment.. but I'd have to get back about that since I've not really done them for a while.

You really really need to have the best of the best options available to top out the success rates now I -think- I've seen 90% on a common/uncommon where two elites + a rare (or 2) filled those slots.. but it's literally like 1% difference to use the elite vs the common with a 16% incapacitation chance.. so I just stick with 88%
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yup your right on the money most the quests now that i do are right on 88% i do the level 5 collection tasks. yup i do the samething when they want to have a elite do a quest when the next one only loses 1% not worth the risk especially if its a 72 hour incap.

Andarriel
  4. demi Augur

so riddle me this , I dont have all the agents yet , and yet I cant select any quests accept the 6 hour ones (maybe) any other quests i cant get above 70 - 75% .. even the reqruit quest i cant get cause its asking for a elite or a agent with a 4 ability and i dont have any with the 4 skill or at least not that it will take .. so how am i suppose to get more agents to be able to max them out ? is DPG forcing me to purchase the agent packs ? thats ludicrous ..
    these are my stats
    [IMG]
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

There's currently a bug with the agents, where it shows a negative amount being available (like in your screenshot). You need to log all the way out and come back to clear it. You should have agents available to use at that point.
    Wyre Wintermute and Gialana like this.
  6. Gialana Augur

The reason for what I've quoted, and likely the reason for you other question about success rates is the new overseer bug. There are at least 4 threads about it in the bug section.

If you look at the picture you posted, you can see it think you have negative agents ready. The bug is somehow related to this miscalculation. Even though you can see on your agents tab that all of your agents are there and ready, the part that allows you to assign agents thinks some of your agents aren't available. The current work around is to log completely out. When you log back in, your stats page will usually be correct, and you'll be able to assign better agents.
    Winnowyl and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I have all the agents on one account, and if I make sure I have none incapacitated, typically the best I can get on level 5 common quests is 88%. There are a couple that somehow hit 90/91% (I have no idea what makes those special).

If I have all the agents, and I'm using the best available that match every trait, and I can only get to a success rate of 88%, then something is wrong with the code calculating success. I think the problem is that most quests require a whole lot more commons now than the other the other ranks, and that seems to be screwing things up.
  8. Gialana Augur

You beat me to it.

For clarity, it doesn't always show a negative amount. I finally encountered the bug a couple days ago on an account that I hadn't been doing overseers. My stats page showed around 60 of 250 ready, and I couldn't start one of the quests that required an elite agent. After re-logging, I was able to start that quest.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Don't sweat it. I run as low as 65%, and have had exactly 1 failure in the last 14 months. Over the 6 accounts I have, that's probably a few thousand quests.

Granted, with the changes they made a month or two ago, most quests are in the 81-88% range, but the ones in the 70s all succeed.
  10. bobokatt Augur

Same here in all the TIME I have been using Overseer got ONE failure. Lately though same delio, with all the agents I have, some quests I get a really low success rate. Other than logging off etc., at times it just seems half my team is exhausted or whatever. Especially if I have not done recovery missions. There comes a point I just give it all a rest for like 2 days, come back and no more 73%.
  11. demi Augur

thanks guys

appreciate it .. that makes sense .. i will log completely out and see how it goes ..

I dont know how you guys can only have 1 or 2 failures in 6 months or so .. if you seen my stats page you can see i have like 27 failures and 7 Crit failures sense Overseer came out .. and most my quests I never did unless they were 70+ % .. once the quests started to get harder well req more agents I now dont do them unless i can get a very high 78% to 80+% .. I like to have them above 85% if i can ..
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Do you ever spend DBC to finish the quests early? If so, there's a bug with it, where you get a MUCH higher rate of failures.

If not, then I truly have no idea what's up. I have a total of ~8 failures across all accounts, and other than the one failure a couple months ago, they were all early on when I didn't have many agents.
  13. demi Augur

I've paid for a few with some of my free 500 DBC .. maybe a dozen or so .. Its usually not a huge deal to finish the quests early cause i mainly only use Overseer for some TS , and collects and maybe to get some xp back after dying too much .. and of course for merc AA's (although I dont use the merc AA option for reward) i use the regular xp ..

so ya not sure why ive got soo many failures ..
  14. demi Augur

[IMG]

[IMG]

thanks again guys .. :p i restarted and look at my stats .. also i did a high lvl diplomacy and got a 88% completion chance im a happy camper now .. thank you , thank you and THANK YOU <3
    bobokatt and Gialana like this.
  15. demi Augur

ok this is not some random/rare bug ? this is happening all the time every 12 hours when i go to start new quests i get in the habbit now to check my stats page and if i see a negative amount i log out and back in (log all the way out) well it happens every day .. sometimes twice .. WTH DPG what did you break now .. this is getting annoying to have to log all the way out and back in just so i can do some quests..

I mean I was thinking ok some random bug that may effect me once or twice a month or something .. WRONG .. try every frackin day .. comon .. why has this not been address'd yet .. can we get a dev's response pls ..

EDIT: I just found the bug thread on this and liked the first post .. hope they fix this SOON
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. demi Augur

not even 12 hours later and here i am , having to log completely out due to my avail agents is in the NEGATIVE again ..
  17. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

It seems to be triggered when you zone. I think you lose a few every zone. I have 3 accounts. Winn's account, I zoned all over on. Bell's account, I stayed in the guild hall. Third account has my trader; it was in offline mode.

Winn had negative agents each time. Bell did not. Trader account didn't, either, tho it was being logged on fresh every time.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  18. demi Augur

well im running a few tests .. I bypass the patcher cause im a avid I s b xr user so when i log in multiple accounts its nice to bypass the launcher/patcher .. sometimes i would get the random bug where /claim items wouldnt refresh or something similar so all i had to do was log out and run patcher ..

so I'm trying it with my account I logged in with using patcher not I s b .. and will run a few quests in overseer to see if that is the culprit .. if it is i'll have to figure out how i can still use I s b and use the patcher to log in my tunes otherwise i might be stuck having to log out every now and then or stop using Overseer.. both are not good choices ..
  19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Winn and Bell are boxed. The third is logged straight in. Going in thru Boxer didn't matter for resetting for me. If I zone, I lose agents. If I log out and back in, regardless of whether I patch again or not, I get my agents back.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

That was the conclusion I came to a few nights ago as well. The more my toons zoned, the more "ready" agents they would lose.