Over 10 Years Later, This Alliance is Still Together

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

By: Jennifer "Yaviey" Bridges

Most celebrity marriages don’t make it past 10 years.

At the heart of every MMO are the people that play them. You could, after all, simply play a single player game. And certainly before EverQuest even existed, that was what many gamers were forced to do. However, part of what made EverQuest such an amazing success was that players could play with other players in real time. That time together forged real connections, and sometimes those connections lead to real friendships… and real loves.

[IMG]

The Norrathian Council of Guilds is one such example. Back in 2004 (a few years after EverQuest came out), a group of small guilds on the Stromm server came together to form an alliance. They wanted to work together to share information, have fun, and, of course, take on challenges that they wouldn't have been able to do individually. This alliance allowed them to keep their family-friendly play style while being able to take on new adventures usually only reserved for large, hard-core guilds.

“What do I think about feeling like part of a brotherhood, despite not being a raider? I think about how raid guilds don’t understand why we don’t just form a raid guild, and marvel that we’ve existed like we have for so long. I think about how real, actual, human people like Fez and Mel and their lead teams have machine-like capability to keep plugging away like clockwork week in and week out over the better part of a decade to do a job… for the good of our Council.” – Graytus, Member

Now, over a decade later, the Norrathian Council of Guilds is still going strong on the Luclin server. With new raiding associations, weekly events, and more, they've not only been able to weather the test of time, they've been able to grow. They now boast over 200 active members. They credit their success to the camaraderie they've developed with each other and treating players with respect - just like you would do in the real world.

[IMG]

This year, over 30 members of the Norrathian Council of Guilds has pledged to attend SOE Live. The draw? So that they can meet up in real-life and enjoy each other’s company. And SOE Live is the perfect venue because they can meet the developers, artists, and people that brought their favorite game to life in-person, too. Plus they can win prizes, learn what’s in development, party, and more.

[IMG]

Heed the call! There’s still time to register. Rally your friends and family to SOE Live 2014. We’ll see you in Vegas!
    Fudyar, RekMMO, Graytis and 4 others like this.
  2. Mumdidar New Member

I'm famous!!!
  3. Saave Augur

I want one of those hats!! :^)
    Roshen, thanks for the post!!
  4. Naladini New Member

5. Tachyon Augur

Awesome to see you all still going strong! Still my favorite little corner of EQ!!

~ Rijak (back in the day)
    eepok and Graytis like this.
  6. Allan New Member

Add another 10+ year Guild to your list! "Alliance of Hope" has been going strong for 10+ also. We're on Xegony-Druzzil Ro. We originally formed on Zeb before the multiple merges. Allianceofhope.com
  7. Zarie New Member

Congratulations to both guilds (Norrathian Council of Guilds and Alliance of Hope). May you have loads of fun At "Fan Faire">)

Zarie

Created on Rodcet Nife merged with Quellious and now on Povar
  8. rongameplayer New Member

I think it's wonderful that this guild as been together for so long. Mine didn't last. Had a couple of toons on Stromm. Hope yall have fun at the live show. :)
  9. Dontee Elder

Not very active anymore but I will be there this year with my wife. Will say hello if I see you all.

Ibekillin - Eternal Journey
    eepok and Atropol like this.
  10. GCMatt New Member

Luclin eh? I'll drop a new character onto that one then!
  11. CaptainSlayer New Member

I'm downloading Everquest as we speak and this will be my first time playing since I was... very, very young. The only memory I have of the game is drowning because I had no idea how to swim.

I'm going to make my first character on Luclin and am curious if anyone is interested in helping a new friend learn the basics.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a couple of years late to the party but eh, why the hell not?
  12. Smokn Augur

Triton, top end raiding guild since umm well EQ started? way more then 10 years
  13. Roccodundee New Member

Glad to see NCG still around. :)
    eepok and Atropol like this.
  14. Atropol New Member

There are plenty of guilds that have been around 10+ years but the NCG (Norrathian Council of Guilds) is a GUILD ALLIANCE. Big difference...

And Fan Faire was a BLAST! Cya next year! (Please somewhere other than Planet Hollywood)

~Atropol / Clothoes~
    Elyssanda and minimind like this.
  15. minimind The Village Idiot

The original post was made August 6, 2014. It's now August 13, 2019 and the Norrathian Council of Guilds is still chugging along. 15 years!

Raids are on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. The longest-hosted raid, Saturday Night Corpse Run, is nearing 650 total raids and is currently in EOK T3.
    Elyssanda, Tarvas and Grove like this.