Outside of endgame raids, could I play all the content in the game with 2 or 3 box and mercs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by asfasfasfasf, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Bamboompow Augur

Very true. Ideally boxing should be a plan B, not a Plan A. Granted time zones and RL schedules sometimes make playing a box crew a necessity.

Almost any of the "Group" versions of the raid encounters will need an actual group of competent, if not skilled, individual players. Your mileage will vary even then as some of those mechanics benefit some class mixes more than others. Its very easy to fail those events even with 6 real players who know what they are doing.
  2. Millianna Augur

What is wrong with people? This is MMO - get a group. It's ok to Box through the lower level stuff, but once you hit current content, get a group.
  3. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I started using a 3 or 4 box to clear through group content starting with Seeds, at roughly appropriate levels except for my Paladin.

Its very doable, though some of the steps in a couple expansions are either challenging or overly frustrating solo.
  4. Bamboompow Augur

If you live anywhere outside of EST or Euro, work a job and don't have a set clique to run with due to whatever reason...boxing is important. That or you have been away for a while. There just isn't always groups to be had and sometimes those groups don't want to do what you want to do.
  5. Millianna Augur

As long as you are doing current content, it's not hard to get a group. But when someone asks if they can box all content besides raids, it doesn't sound like they are going to put any effort into groups at all.
  6. Bamboompow Augur

The OP might be inquiring if the boxing of the content was feasible. It was not meant to be an expression of a preference of play style.

I box as a fall back, but I prefer to group and seize on every opportunity to do so. Unfortunately, not every log in presents that opportunity. Granted, I don't have General chat on.
  7. asfasfasfasf Augur

Take your worthless rants elsewhere.

Thanks everyone else, the replies were really helpful.
  8. Millianna Augur

Excuse me? My post is a valid and meaningful. Why bother playing this game, an mmo, and play by yourself. EQ is a absolutely boring game played by yourself. There are many other single player games that are more exciting than EQ. If you want to play this game by yourself, that's your problem, but that doesn't invalidate my post.
  9. kinadafz Augur

Actually, your post has absolutely no benefit to the OP's question, none whatsoever.

I enjoy playing this game solo and have no plans of playing in a group besides with my one EQ (and RL) friend who I've played with since 1999. That's 18 years of solo play, mixed in with some group and raid, and guess what, I prefer solo. There are thousands that do also. There are thousands that like to group. There are thousands that like to raid, there are thousands that hate to raid. There are people that don't like to chat via voice, people that have children and afk 90% of the time, etc etc etc. I for one cannot commit to a group because I have to AFK often due to numerous reasons, wife faction being a big one.

There are countless reasons to play by yourself and your posts are just ignorant to these reasoning's.

Instead of trying to put the OP down, or everyone that wants to play a game solo, try answering his question instead and being respectful.
  10. Millianna Augur

The OPs question has been answered several times before my post. Should I not make any post? Hopefully the next expansion progression is mostly impossible to molo.
  11. Jyve Augur

/shiver

Boxed my way through most things, but that mission... ugh. Maybe lvl 115 I'll come back and find it trivial.
  12. asfasfasfasf Augur

It isn't valid though, people want different things and like different things. Just because you find it boring doesn't mean everyone does. I've played this game since 1999 and done soloing, grouping, boxing, a million times. I know full well what is fun and what isn't. And there is no game out there that works like EQ, not even another MMO, and especially not a single player game. The way the combat works in this game is unique, it has depth and challenge, it requires thought and experience yet you have to think fast too. It also has 18 years worth of content so nothing comes close to that.

You also ignored most of my posts, especially the one talking about wanting to group, and instead you just jumped in with your insulting, "What is wrong with people" comment.

There are about 90 levels in this game with no other people to play with, and even level 90-100 players seem to spend a long time spamming LFG with no replies. So soloing and boxing is the only option. SOE/DB know that, which is why they added mercs. I started from scratch just a few months ago at level 1, and I've just done 80 levels by myself, so I saw how many grouping opportunities there are. I also don't want to just rush to 95, I haven't seen any of the content from about 75+ so I want to take my time and enjoy all the quests and see all the ones, so soloing and boxing and "molo"ing is my only option. At high levels I hope to get in a guild and groups. You accused me of having no intention of grouping, but I specifically came here after playing 20 servers of this game which are all empty apart from 1. I had a lot of fun boxing my own armies, but the most fun is grouping and that's why I joined a real server and have spent a bunch of money on it too.

If you want more content that requires full groups (and many do, including me), you need to talk to DB about it instead of jumping in feet first to a thread like this and insulting people like me who have done nothing wrong.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If you're going to randomly attack the OP because they don't play the game your way...
    [IMG]
    How's that Berserker main coming, btw?

Yeah. It was a cool mission but the margin for error was really small at the time due to the mechanics. Feel like it's gonna take multiple level cap increases to dumb it down a bit. Boxing it sounds awful. Silence as a mechanic can eat a large bag of D's too!
  14. Coffee Journeyman

I mean we would all like to log on and have a spot in a 6 man group doing what we need but the reality is that is rarely going to be an option. I am just coming back and when I log on I always shout LFG for awhile on my warrior main but I am not going to wait hours for a group so when nothing is to be found I fire up the box group and we work on old expansion's progression. Just got to Thulisaur with all 4 of my boxes last night and while it is not as fun or rewarding as getting that sweet gear from EOK with real people it is still enjoyable.
  15. Millianna Augur

My post was NOT an attack on the OP - it was a generalization of thread title.The title of this thread implies the OP has little to interest to doing content with others. If that wasn't his true intention he should have used a softer title (aka flame bait). This is a MMO. It's in the OPs best interest to make friends and figure out what can be boxed with his toons at later date.
  16. Bamboompow Augur

The way you answered the question was the same general implication as answering "Go buy a Ford", when someone asked what the torque settings are for an intake manifold on a 350 Chevy.
    Sheex and NameAlreadyInUse like this.
  17. Millianna Augur

Why on earth would you come to this forum and ask if you can "molo all content besides raids" before even trying? That's completely illogical. The OP should at try and come back with his issues and ask what realistic goals should be.
  18. Millianna Augur

If the OP doesn't know if he wants to even play then why make 2 F2P accounts on live? The game doesn't really require a sub fee until 80 (this is the point where most classes need AAs) and you can get the basic feeling of box in that time.
  19. asfasfasfasf Augur

Did you even read my last post? Or any of my posts? Or are you just here to troll because the title triggered you for some reason?
  20. asfasfasfasf Augur

It took me about a month to do 60-70. And then around 2 months just to do level 70-80. Not sure how long it would take to do 80-90 but probably longer. 90+ would take me ages. So the point of this thread was to work out if I should spend that several months of grinding it out with my un-fun 6 box, or if I could do it with a much more fun 3 box and not regret it several months later by finding out you need a real tank class to do end game stuff.

For someone so desperate to impose their narrow minded opinions on people, you really have very little understanding of how this game works. It is a shame because this is one of the most useful threads I've ever seen on the internet. Usually I get 1 or 2 half hearted replies or just some trolling but this had an entire page full of very useful stuff that helped me a lot, until you came along and filled it up with your worthless trash.