Out of Group /assist on /xtar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Imukai, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Imukai Augur

A group has an out-of-group toon to use as an assist. They are not in a raid. The group wants that toon's target as soon as computationally possible.

For the purposes of this exercise, let's call the desired assist Sparky.

/assist Sparky works fine, but has some latency to it. It is not much, but it is there.

Were you to use this in a social, you would probably add a /pause before taking an action, such as /pet attack or something. That pause might only need to be a 3, which is only 300 milliseconds plus whatever the innate latency is between social commands, but how necessary is it? Some people use a 5, I've heard some use as much as a 10.

Now, the /xtar window is pretty much instant. The client already has the desired target loaded into memory. Nothing needs to be looked up on the server to provide the information.

Were Sparky in the group and set as Assist, xtar slot 1 could be set to Group Assist's Target and then /assist Sparky could re replaced by /xtar 1 which would then be instant. No pause at all is needed then.

All methods I have tried to get Sparky's target via /xtar in the UI are just as slow -- if not slower -- than good old /assist.

So the question for forumquest... is there an undocumented way to dedicate an /xtar slot to be Sparky's target? It would have to be something the /command accepts that is not currently in the UI menu.
  2. Szilent Augur

3. Bigstomp Augur

Can't you just target sparky, then assign an xtw to his target?
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Perhaps stop using a 3rd party program to control toons might be the first step in your process?
  5. Imukai Augur

Concise. Didn't think so.
    Tried that method (and a few other things). It turned out to be slower than /assist cause it takes a second for xtar to get it assigned to the slot and would have to be repeated each time he picked a new target. There isn't a permanent "slot to this toon's target" option - at least not one that is available in the UI - which is why I made the post to see if someone knew of an undocumented tag for the /xtar set command that would do it.
    No. You can do that.