Out of Era AA's available early on Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Machen New Member

It seems several aa's somehow slipped through the cracks and were released before they should have been on the Phinigel server. I urge all players not to take advantage of these in any way, as doing so would clearly be an exploit since they were not originally released until around Call of the Forsaken. Devs, can you please restrict these to their appropriate expansions at your earliest convenience. (Also, it looks like discs for these classes need to be rebalanced on progression servers until these aa's are introduced.)

Rogue: Innate Duelist - This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 50%.

Monk: Innate Innerflame - This passive ability increases the damage you deal with all forms of melee combat by 50%.

You may want to check zerkers as well, although we don't have access to them yet I suspect they might have this same oversight also.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Careful, they don't always get sarcasm.
    MaxTheLion likes this.
  3. TPSTEEPS Journeyman

Enjoy my sarcasm on top and my truth on the bottom. <3
  4. Machen New Member

You made a new forum account for this...? Who's the addict?
  5. Machen New Member

Only slightly sarcastic here, tbh I am still surprised they didn't do this from the start on these servers.

Curious, how do AoS's fight lengths these last two weeks compare to TL's on fippy during week 1/2 of PoP?
  6. TPSTEEPS Journeyman

Like expected short response to minimize the obsessive compulsion to respond instantly...like I said you would do. Lol so bad
  7. mackal Augur

The damage bonus and these AA lines are the reason they added motm AFAIK :p
  8. Machen New Member

And yet, motm has been reduced each expansion while the damage bonus has increased... Something doesn't add up there.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

Every Melee has these; hybrids too. Not sure why they aren't tied to a later expansion, just pointing out its more then 2 classes (War, SK, Pal, Brd, Bst, Rng, Rog, Mnk, Zerker will have it too come GoD)
  10. -wycca Augur

Strangely, caster dps still is superior to melee, and has been since classic.
  11. Machen New Member

Do you have access to TL Plane of Time parses to compare kill speed? I'd be really curious, and TL might be the only guild that can do an apples to apples comparison since you were the only ones with the level of VT gear that most guilds currently have.
  12. Astral64 Augur

Melee AA are op; time to nerf mage pets.
    Kronko and Somnium Wintersun like this.
  13. Mwapo Augur

Buff necros!
  14. -wycca Augur

I'd be interested in that info also, but alas, I did not play on Fippy/Vulak, so have nothing to compare it to.
  15. Croak Augur

Machen pushing for this is absurd... now I play monk currently on Phinny, but have played lots of SKs
    There are many fights casters will still out-dps melee, though rangers most of the time are still kings with disc.

With the current patch SKs are being severely nerfed based on current "live server" mitigation and DPS. They already had previous counter nerfs.

That nerf will affect progression servers as well.

If they then have their DPS on a single target nerfed, they will end up in a much worse situation than any other tanking class.
    SKs afaik haven't got the benefit of stances yet to offset the healing benefit they used to get from riposte heals.

Just remember how long it takes to get something fixed when it is individually nerfed on a progression server. e.g. SK harm-touch was still broken during House of Thule on Fippy and so many other things.
  16. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I don't have a problem with this as long as this is retroactively applied to Fippy and Vulak in 2012 and Sleeper and Combine in... 2006? You can't have it both ways. You can't remove these AA's now but leave them in in the past.
  17. Gnog Elder

A simpler solution, Path, would be to make these AAs available in the PoP era retroactively as of 2003. Then they can stay on Phinny as being in-era.
  18. Machen New Member

They did not exist on Fippy and Vulak in 2012, or sleeper and combine in 2006. They were just added to the game about a year and a half ago, shortly before Ragefire and Lockjaw were launched.

So, I agree!