Otherworldly etc too rare?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Tegila Augur

Anyone else finding these too low? I mean named rate would be ok if guaranteed in missions but they're not. 1 in 3 missions. 1 in 14 t1 nameds and 4 in 17 t2 nameds. T2 seems fine, t1 ok only of missions guaranteed 1. Or is it just bad RNG?
    Varillian, alanus, Szilent and 3 others like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Made a bug report here.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ude-and-otherworldly-focus-of-heroism.287509/

Like the post for more dev attention per their preference of working on highest liked bugs first.
    Laurana, Andarriel and Nennius like this.
  3. Nightops Augur

yes, your RNG is off. I have killed about 13 named mobs (3 at T1 and 10 at T2) and I think I have picked up 5 otherworldly drops. I haven't been keeping count of the otherworldly from missions, but I know I have seen at least 3 in 8 or 9 missions so far
  4. Allayna Augur

Of those 5-8 otherworldly drops in 13 named and 9 missions (that's still far too low btw), how many were fortitude or heroism?

9 missions would have previously provided 9 ore. You're saying you got saw 8 in 9 missions and 13 named means that the otherworldly drops are less frequent than ore were in the previous expansion. Only now, they share an RNG potential with every slot, including type 5 and 7/8.
    Tegila, Rylak and Gialana like this.
  5. Gialana Augur

With the many different otherworldly items, the drop rate is going to get especially annoying. My group got 1 on the first 2 missions we did yesterday. We got none in the 3 missions we did this morning.
  6. Rylak Elder

The RNG aspect on the TS Otherwordly slot specific drops feels like we are reliving TBL Type 18/19s all over again (which they changed with ToV).

Seems like they liked the TBL design after all.

It would be nice if they offered some type of quest where you could combine 2-3 of them in a forge and get a special ore that would work as a wildcard in any of the TS combines. It's a lot of additional TS coding, so it won't happen...but one can dream!!!

Other alternative would be to put them on the group vendor with coin. Precedent is already there with the raid TS pieces being on the raid vendor.
  7. Ismel Augur

You already need need to farm missions oceans of times to get enough for type 5 augs adding even more is not really what I want, but as a way to get missing slots its a step in the right direction.

Maybe if it was at least 100% drop rate of T2 Named, but as it is right now it look much to rare/random for my taste.
  8. Tertoon3 Journeyman

so is it my understanding that, they increased the amount of T3 Ores needed to make armor, and then didn't make them guaranteed drops from the group missions? That will make this armor upgrades for me very painful this year lol
  9. Nightops Augur

I'm not saying the drop rate or distribution is good. What I said was the OPs RNG was off. OP has a less then 10% drop rate from T1, 25% drop rate from T2, and 33% from missions. My drop rate from named mobs has been closer to 40%. Which on a whole, is likely similar to ores in recent expansions. Yes.. RNGs are never equal across small numbers; maybe mine have been high. But I have a feeling the OP sandbagged a bit in his favor cause I find it hard to believe the OP killed 31 named in less then 24 hours while moving around for 3 missions and the server downtime (post made at 11am on the 7th).
    ----------------------------------------
    As for the Fortitude or heroism. I have seen 1 fortitude (dropped from mission) and one other that I don't recall the name, but I think it was for the primary/sec/range slot which dropped from a mission. The other types have been boots, helm, belt and neck? (looks like an EQ firework graphic) along with the fortitude and the other (thinking strenght?).

I do agree the otherworldly for the augs is EXTREMELY low. I don't know how it was in beta or the intent. But considering every character wants those augs, (only recall seeing one from my first 2 days), is clearly not ideal. Maybe if they put in a trade-in NPC. For example.. an otherworldly glove drops, you can then go to the NPC and exchange the vis-armor-slot otherworldly for a Fortitude. Or if you get the otherworldly for a non-vis-slot, you can exchange that for one that make a heroic aug.

***Sorry, Im not going to search logs across 7 characters at this time, and some of which from missions I may not have been in zone when loot was done.

Also, as I recall, ToL was extremely low for the first few weeks until they adjusted it. I think CoV and ToV were actually very high with some ToV ores dropping incorrectly or multiple types per kill during the first week or so.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Each piece of gear you want to make now requires a specific drop, instead of a universal ore.

They drop from named and missions.

No guarantee one will drop...completely random as to which does drop. This means if you kill 10 named, you might get 10 of the same thing or you might get nothing.

They are not tradeable.
    Fohpo likes this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Sounds like a lot of fun! /sarcasm off
    Fohpo likes this.
  12. Tertoon3 Journeyman

Gotcha! thank you for the info!
  13. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

That’s terrible. Why would they make the game worse?
  14. demi Augur

my sentiments exactly .. WHY!! I did not realize that EACH piece of gear requires a specific drop and ore's are no longer universal .. that is stupid .. this will definitely go in the cons column on if i should purchase the expansion or not ..
  15. Fohpo Augur

Yeah, this system is garbage. I understand they want to try changes, but this isn't a good one. Maybe if there were 4 different ores for each archetype or something, but this essentially makes gearing a group toon to full T3/tradeskill an incredibly tedious task.
  16. Tegila Augur

They weren't my numbers, but I share the frustration. And I believe the time of post was off for some reason, but it's nit hard to do that many named in that time if you camp multiple nameds with multiple PHers, 1 bamed camp with the right timed killing PHers(like back on Morwenna) could have 3-4 in one repoo easy...actually got that a lot in that zone, named popping seconds after last was killed because so many PHers.. The incredulity about someone being gung ho enough first 24 hrs to kill 31 nameds is more confusing lol.(and even back then my personal ore rate off nameds was at best 1 in 7, more like 8 or 9, but at least those fit every need not competing over like 25 different possible types
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

If they're going to stick with this idiotic system beyond this expansion, they need to do one or more of the following things:

- make them tradeable
    - make them guaranteed drops
    - make the named/chests drop multiple pieces (at least 3 or 4)
    - put them on the group vendor for AFFORDABLE prices (this will require adding currency as rewards for quests and achievements and boosting the amount on the missions to compensate for needing to buy more stuff)
    - scrap this BS and go back to universal ores

This new system is garbage. The devs need to be told this on full blast ad nauseam.
    Yinla, Evilness and Andarriel like this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

19. Tertoon3 Journeyman

I don't mind the system if they are available via missions, but I have ran about 5 (i know thats not a lot, but mission wise it kind of is) and haven't gotten one otherworldly, and that is where my frustration is.
  20. Nightops Augur

You forgot to suggest... adding in an NPC for auto-grant. REALLY, 3 to 4 pieces per chest? on DAY 3?

But honestly, why do people want easy mode all the time? We've had 3 days of playing in NoL and people expect to have full sets already. Give it a break, if people continue to put up unrealistic numbers and suggestions, it actually has the opposite effect imo. Not to mention, daybreak has consistantly started with lower drop rates at the release of the expansion and increased the rates going into summer (and then 2x for ToL for a couple weeks back in early november). Raid drops are the same way so don't be bitter towards raiders because of the currency purchase factor.

I've gotten at least 12 of these otherworldly drops so far from various zones, tiers, and missions. Do some changes need to be made... sure; but make them realistic.

If I were to suggest any changes, I would ask for an NPC to do an exchange / trade. I know this goes against the underlying idea for the new system, but the exchange could be 2 for 1 or 3 for 1. This type of exchange could be limited to vis-for-vis (or non-vis for non-vis) at 2 for 1. Or any 3 for 1 otherworldly aug item.

Outside of putting in an exchange NPC, I would suggest making the otherworldly heirloom along with the current no trade / lore tags. There is nothing I hate more about these then getting a drop and loading in a character to loot only to find out they already have it cause I didn't mark it off on a spreadsheet. Here is the breakdown from the drops I have looted:
    3+ belts, 2 face, 1 foot, 1 helm, 1 idol, 1 ring, 3 fortitude (+1 finesse and maybe 1 other from mission that I didn't loot because I was on my main character).

*Yesterday I said 2 neck slots, but I checked and they are for face slot.
    ** Belts are listed at 3+ because I stopped looting them. Most of my characters have raid belts thanks to Doomshade.

The other minor adjustment I would ask for is to list what slot the item is used for when you inspect the item. I believe there are a few named poorly which need an easy adjustment. Adding something like
    Slot: Range
    Restriction: weapon only -or- Restriction: non-weapon (bows vs idols)

Slot: Primary
    Restriction: Two Hand Only

---------
    Here is some advice. Don't expect to get armor that's considered T3 from T1 zones. If you're a group only gamer, the idea is for you to progress in tiers. I've seen a lot more drops from the T2 zones while the named are basically at the same level of difficulty. The main difference I've seen is the mob spawn points are closer so you need a puller or CC (most things in T2 bard AE mez on first attempt).

2 of the 3 fortitude drops came from Darklight named mobs. I don't know if this was random luck or if the otherworldly aug items drop more often in that zone.

Do the group missions. The ShadowHaven mission is EXTREMELY easy in its current state. I expect something in this mission will get adjusted and buffed. With their generous addition of 24AA per win and several augs on the drop table, this mission should constantly be on your lockout everyday.
    Silvena and Sancus like this.