OT Group Mission

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RkMk, Nov 26, 2018.

1. RkMk New Member

just a comment. Not sure why you guys made the group missions so hard in this expansion. I have tried the OT mission several times with group gear players as well as with some raid gear players also. It reminds me of the older GOD expansion with the Tipt mission where you had to have the ideal group and swap out one player so everyone can get the mission done. Was that your intent? We always got overwhelmed with the adds, need big dps group and a good tank to complete this. It will just be more content I will never get completed.
  2. Daedly Augur

You dont need a perfect group for it. What is the class make up you are using? Have you tried the all out burn method and if so, what mind of dps numbers were you putting out?

I tried the slow and steady approach, but i just cant seem to get the adds in camp and dead in time to do it.
  3. Dreadmore Augur

I did this with EOK group-geared players once. They just needed a bit of coaching. They were awfully conservative with all their burn abilities on the first try. I'd smack them for that if I could, but fortunately they listened to my feedback and they beat it the next time.

Their first attempt was no worse than raid-geared players who also were conservative with their burns, but unfortunately the raid-geared players still didn't want to burn and could never beat it.
  4. Brohg Augur

Mission is not hard. What's hard is people trying to bypass every mechanic without any preparation like they're Brock Lesnar in his first 5 pro matches, and then getting owned - like Brock Lesnar in his last 3 pro matches.

Group gear tank np, just have that tank not deal a buttload of damage to themself with the debuff on. Or pet tank np, group focus is fine.
    Any kinda dps is fine, doesn't need to be any kinda savage. Just hotkey /tar a_sprout.
    Every two minutes, you kill 1) sprout 2) burgeoning 3) sprout, then deal some damage to the boss.
    If you have a caster, they can just stay on the boss? That makes it even easier.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Two methods here:

All out burn, or slow and steady.

All out burn *heavily* favors ranged DPS due to the DS. Get a competent tank and a good healer. DPS until dead, usually before the adds stack up. Melee DPS can work if you have a really good healer. Mercs won't cut it in the melee scenario.

Slow and Steady is the way to go for the random group. Just be sure to kill the sproutling fast or it turns into something nasty. Keep melee on adds, ranged dps on named.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  7. NeverPayForLag Augur

Now I am really curious how... what is conservative and what changes where necessary?

Honestly the Missions in RoS are terrible for us to play... the second one is not better either...

We took a Raid-Necro in the group and that was the last inch for needed DPS and we beat it. We still struggle for the VP key.

Without max DPS AA, special items, focus items etc. (which adds about 60-70% average to DPS) I see no chance.

I took a Raid-Necro into the group and he brought in the last inch of DPS. Cactii is a pure DPS check regardless if I do it slow or fast.

We don't need a really good tank or healer for cactii except you get onto 2hS to pump in a good deal of additional damage which is badly needed but a decent real healer was enough for it. Healer mercs could not cope long with the damage output from the DS for the "long variation".

If AA for DPS are not maxed then I see no chance to beat it.

Pumping up Glyph-AA for 60% is a slap in the face. If I need a couple of AA for beating one mission then something is wrong. Farming every time AA up to blow them into an activatable Glyph is a joke. But it seems this is badly needed in such groups. In EoK one single group task needed such an addon (the big globs which run downhills into the castle.. ugly task). There was a trick to get help with others outside the group which helped with a max of 49% so it was possible to do but the RoS missions are limited by a group only. I have the feeling in RoS is everything built around it if you have no max AA and max gear. At moment I see no way around the Glyph-AA. And I could not express how boring it is to play on this mission at the very limit and always need to make an hour AA farming to make the next try on this mission... horrible to say at least... we gave up and expected TBL gear for support to avoid that absolute boring grind-mission. But looking at the beta of TBL is not a big motivation either.

If you do it slow then you have the problem that you need sustained DPS over a longer period of time and running around to catch all spawns is a problem itself even with pull/grasp-AA.

So what is really the trick here and meant by that: What do you use ALL for having the needed DPS in your "simple" EoK group-gear groups? Easy is always easy if you have beaten it once but that is no description of these missions.

Zerging something down with enough DPS is always easy if DPS is there ;)
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

btw: my stripped rogue who lost all veteran rewards and crowns has no Glyph of Destruction (100+) either which DGB is not able to correct since beginning of 2018. Do I assume right that this Glyph-AA at this level (he has only 65-69) is bound to veteran rewards or is it somehow additional-AA needed to be able to access it?
  9. S33k3r Augur

What classes does your group consist of ?
    Daedly likes this.
  10. Derka Power Ranger

By conservative I believe they meant don't hold back your burns. It's a straight 60 second all in burn. You need 4 mediocre DPS or 3 good ones to zerg it. I am curious about your group makeup as well because you might not even be benefiting from the glyph AA based off of other adps abilities running (stacking issues)
  11. took2summit11 Augur

I have a question somewhat related to this. I looted last night the container for T1 legs in the OT last night. I tried to make the legs but it appears they are stuck behind an item I need to buy from the group merchant. That currency is stuck behind what appears to be this mission. Is the only way to get the currency, to complete the T1 group legs, to complete this mission. And on top of that, complete it 7 times for the needed currency since you only get 125 on each completion?
  12. Derka Power Ranger

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Ring_of_Scale_Armor_Guide
    That has listed what you need. T2 eok gear, the facet and then the Combine Draconic Scale Subsumption which costs plat from most TS merchants in OT or blacksmith gerta in pok.
  13. took2summit11 Augur

Oh interested. So you need T2 EOK gear to make T1 ROS gear. And you need T1 ROS gear to make T2 ROS gear? Alternatively, you can do the incredibly difficult fell foliage mission 100 times to bypass the T2 EOK gear, am I getting all that correct? Does anyone know if this trend continues into TBL, where you need ROS T2 to get TBL T1? Why did they decide to hold hostage the previous expansion gear, can’t remember a time they’ve ever done that.
  14. Buri Augur

The item you need is Selrach's gear, which is a tier 2 group level drop from the previous expansion. That vendor simply offers it as an alternative way to get it, but pretty much everyone just farms it if they need it.

yes
    Pirlo likes this.
  15. Daedly Augur

I beat and farmed every mission in RoS boxing, with only two pieces of raid gear on my berseker at the time(weapon and shoulders). The only mission i wasnt able to box by myself was the 12 man mission of Talendor. Even though, i was able to get all the way to the Drakes 40% stage with just me and my team.

It took me awhile to get to that point, and a lot of deaths. Especially on end of empire mission. There were two things that were holding me back.
    1. I did not have enough AA, i had just come back to playing in December of 2017 with just a level 100 berseker, shaman and bard. So i was still in the middle of catching up.

2. Getting my abilities lined up in such a way as to maximize my damage/healing/tanking.

I was definitely amoung the skeptical when i was struggling thinking how it would even be possible. During that time, my total group DPS was only like 500k. Once i got everything closer to where it should be, i had single characters putting out that much. Looking back and its the opposite of what i used to think. Now i wonder how it was even possible that I played my charatcers to such a low potential.

So, for people in only EoK gear to do Fell Foilage, they would only need to have a tank, healer and then 3 dps classes that can each do roughly 250k dps in 60 seconds. That still leaves 1 availble slot to fill with anything. Seems completely reasonable to me.
    Dreadmore and Pirlo like this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Isn't it wonderful? ;)
  17. NeverPayForLag Augur

Druid, L110, 33,6kAA, RoS Conflagrant/RoS T2 Focus
    Enchanter, L110, 33,1kAA, RoS Conflagrant/RoS T2 Focus
    Warrior, L110, max AA, RoS T2 Focus
    Mage, L110, 28,9kAA, RoS Conflagrant/RoS T2 Focus
    Rogue, L110, 21,6kAA, RoS Conflagrant/RoS T2 Focus
    Cleric, L110, 29,3kAA, RoS T2 Focus

Cactii at about mostly 50%

Swapping Rogue with Raid-Necro = success -> zerging Cactii down without the need to kill a sprout.
    with Necro: about 930k -> success

Compared Raid Data with group data then I have differences of peak performances from 730k down to 430k and average down to 200k - how in everything people get 400k+ is beyond me.

Counting not peak but average in about 1min (Cactii time):

Necro 368k
    Druid 175k-200k
    Enchanter 130-150k
    Mage 130-160k
    Warrior 60k (Tanking, changing weapon to 2HS but in defensive mode)

Rogue - no clue.. swapped him due to strange parses. He sustains normally at 100k+ but sucked completely on Cactii besides he is in trouble with the DS and his fast pace.

Since Nerf Enchanter and Druid are a bit disappointing. Checked with http://dps.kizant.net/?class=enc#
  18. NeverPayForLag Augur

Enchanter Basic Burn is

Prep:
    - Tash/Slow
    - Silent Casting
    - Twincast AA
    - Illusions of Grandeur
    - Calculated Insanity
    - Chromatic Haze

Start:
    - Mind Tempest
    - Strangulate