Ornaments!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Branntick, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Branntick Augur

Alright, so I have a couple of things I'd love to have addressed with ornaments in the current game. This applies to both weapons and armor.

• It'd be super cool if we could have the classic armor graphics made into ornaments.
    Monks have 3 possible armor types, and so far we've been stuck with the traditional "strap" look, unless we want to bug the appearances of other armor types, which is a pain in the . I'm sure a few Rangers wouldn't mind a leather look instead of chain too, for example.

It adds more diversity, and also doesn't necessitate having to create new armor models, which means it is a relatively low-effort development investment compared to brand new Hero's Forge stuff made by the art team.

I am impartial to how you should go about implementing this, but I think the marketplace or expendable crafted ornament containers are both good options.
    • It'd be super cool if the skill-type restrictions on crafted ornaments were loosened.
    I'm going back to Monks here as it is most relevant to my situation, but numerous other classes have similar situations. Back in the day, there were a variety of types of weapons every class could use and be solid. Today, there is very little variance.

Current itemization means you're foolish to look to anything but h2h if you're a Monk. This means that all of those really cool 1hb ornaments will forever be off the table for us, which is a real shame. I'm very partial to a lot of weapon looks, but I'm funneled into a very narrow selection because Monks only have h2h, and 2hb.

My suggestion is simple. Please allow any 1h wield-type ornament to be applied to any 1h wield-type weapon. You could even flag 1hp weapons as secondary-only when a 1hs/1hb weapon-type is applied to them, but I honestly don't even see it as necessary. It'd be weird for a Rogue to be backstabbing with a 1hb, but who honestly cares? We already have wield-type agnostic weapons on the marketplace, so I don't think it's a big deal when a Rogue can already backstab with a 2hb-looking weapon.

I'd really love to see either, or both, of these changes implemented. I think it'd be an easy way to let players customize their characters further without impacting gameplay at all.

Thanks.

Edit: I can understand if you want h2h to be an exception to the 1h-all wield-type rule, but I'd at least really like to see 1hb opened up for the h2h skill-type. Monks have always had access to reasonable 1hb weapons until gear started straying into more linear territory.
  2. cgoodman381 New Member

I would pay a stupidly large amount of SC/Plat/whatever for a Robe of the Whistling Fists chest ornament.
  3. gcubed Augur

Not the same thing as an ornament but there is a way to appear to be wearing a Robe of the Whistling Fists with bugged illusions. It only works for armor, not weapons or shields and such.

You will need to acquire two things. You will need a Robe of the Whistling Fists and you will need an illusion that doesn't display your armor (skelly, gnoll, pirate, etc.).

First you put the robe on. Second you illusion yourself. While under illusion put or regular armor on. After you have fully dressed yourself in your regular armor, click off the illusion. You will appear to be wearing the robe when you aren't.

This effect will last until you zone, die, or do anything else that would cause a normal illusion to fade.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. Fendy Augur

Please don't volunteer to spend stupidly large amounts of any currency for things. This will only encourage them to charge stupidly large amounts.