<Order of the New Dawn>Phinigel tlp guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Althiel, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Althiel Journeyman

Hi and thanks for checking out Ootnd!

Who we are:

A small, casual, friends & family style guild formed in the early morning hours on April 15, 2016. Most of us are alt-oholics and boxers. We have many people that choose to box both when we raid and group. We log in because we love EverQuest and we love the people we play with. We play to have fun and at a pace that best suits the guild as a whole. We don’t take ourselves, or the game, too seriously. If this sounds like you – keep reading!

Who we are not:

We will never be a hardcore or end game raid guild. If the end game, or loot, is your main motivation for playing we are a very poor fit for you. We have a zero tolerance drama policy. In a guild our size, you need to be relaxed and able to play well with others. We are not an alt guild. If your main character is in a different guild please keep on truckin’.

Raids:

We raid on Friday & Saturday nights. Our start times are typically between 8-9 PM EST and can go well into the night (6+ hours...we like to have fun!). What we kill depends on who we have online. Currently we do SSra runs on Friday nights killing most all but Emp, then on Sat we have been dipping our toes into PoP zones, Kael bosses and other Luclin targets. We also do events like epic fights, shawl crawls/10th ring wars and other quests when they spring up. We usually go well into the night having lots of fun! Attendance is not mandatory but we love hanging out together! We use TeamSpeak. You don't need to talk, but being able to listen really helps. Loot is distributed via officer loot council using the following priority: Main > Raid Box > Alt. Rare/special circumstance items will be distributed slightly different - i.e. where they benefit the guild most. Example of a special circumstance: Gearing raid tanks and clerics first, including required raid boxes, at the start of an expansion. Please plan to raid on your main character but feel free to park alts close by prior to raid time for rots and alt flags.

Recruits:

Upon joining you’ll be a Recruit for thirty days minimum - longer than thirty days if you aren't around much. This gives you time to get to know us and us time to get to know you. We have a low Member turnover rate because we’re a close knit community. Group with your guild mates before you hop aboard the pug train. Let’s make sure we’re a good fit for each other!

Recruits are only eligible for raid rots. The priority list in the above section applies to you only after you become a Member.

Returning Members:

We all understand that real life takes priority and that sometimes forces lengthy periods of inactivity. No one is required to discuss their personal business but we have a policy of removing a player after 90 days of uninformed inactivity. Those members are welcome to rejoin but will be subject to the recruit policy on loot. In the rare circumstance that a member leaves on bad terms or is removed, admittance will be determined by leadership.

How do I join your awesome guild!?

Reply to this thread and post a hello to tell us a little bit about yourself, we check it often! Visit our website at Ootnd.com, sign up for a quick forum account and put up a quick intro there. We don't have a formal apps process or anything like that, but knowing about your past experiences, what guilds you have been in on Phinny and other info is good. What do you expect from this game, from us as a guild and what do you expect from yourself as a player?

Afterwards, send a tell to Tamini/Garruk (Leader), Fantaz (Officer), Aendyinya (Officer), Thaddius/Lanikin (Officer), or Gorce/Spexuth (Officer). If you don’t see us online /who all order and ask for an officer. We have a lot of alts! We have no level requirement. Adding quality people to our ranks means much more to us than what level you are or what type of gear you have! We value the community first and foremost, and fostering a place where people can hang out, get along and have fun is priority because that leads to all the other fun we do :)

We hope to hear from you soon!
  2. Althiel Journeyman

We have added some great new friends recently and begun lurking around in the Tier 3 PoP zones! Tallon and Vallon Zek down on our first try with more to come. We are always grouping up and having a blast during the week too so send anyone you see online a tell if you are interested in learning about us! Check out the website at Ootnd.com and drop us a line, hope to hear from you soon :)
  3. Lanikin New Member

Bump!
    We've been doing a fair bit of backflagging to get as many people moving up in PoP tiers as we can muster, so if you ever get the feeling that you've missed the boat for accessing raid content, we will take care of you!
  4. karvon New Member

Have a website or any information on class/level requirements?
  5. Althiel Journeyman

Yes we do, go visit Ootnd.com to learn more about us! We have no level requirements, raid attendance number or anything like that.
  6. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Hi Althiel! This SHD here has just hit 65 and I am now looking to sign up with a guild that I can call home here on Phinigel. Your current Friday and Saturday EST PMs work well for my schedule and as a new player, I appreciate how the New Dawn is willing to help out people get up to speed within the guild.

Would love to learn more about New Dawn and will seek you or your other officers out in-game.
  7. Althiel Journeyman

Morning Gorgol! I replied to your post on our website but wanted to check in with you here just in case. Looking forward to seeing you in game!
  8. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Great! Thanks Althiel! See you in-game shortly this Thursday or Friday!
  9. Darumon New Member

Hello Althiel,

Just recently come back to the game and was looking for a casual guild to join. Created a bard but am open to make a toon to assist with what ever class you all need.

V/R
    Darumon
  10. Althiel Journeyman

Morning Daru! I'm more interested in what class you want to play, and if bard is it than awesome! One of my personal motto's in regards to EQ is "play what you like, the rest will work itself out." I'd love to chat with you or if you find any of the officers mentioned above definitely get with them, as they are just as capable if not more-so to tell you about what you are getting into :p

In the meantime pop over to our website Ootnd.com and introduce yourself for the crew to see!
  11. Redroof Conman New Member

Hello,
    My friend and I are looking for a casual guild, We are in the high 30's range, Do you have players in that range?
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  12. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Hey Redroof!

While I am still a new recruit to the Order I can confirm that many of our members usually are working on alternate characters and leveling up at all ranges. If you're still interested in applying please do a /who order next time your in-game and get in-touch with one of our officers.

I am sure they'll be happy to take your questions, as they took mine. ^_^
  13. Althiel Journeyman

Hi all! Ootnd will be temporarily closing it's doors to new recruits for the near future. We have grown and progressed as a community with some great new friends and I feel it's necessary to now take the time to get to know these new friends. Our fundamentals of family, friendship and community remain the highest of priorities here and this decision reflects the need for those friends not to get lost in a community that grows too big too quick.

Thanks to all those that have joined, that have checked us out and have taken the time to talk to me or the other officers!
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.