Options Page: No Drop Item

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lighteningrod, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Lighteningrod Augur

- Added a combobox to the Options window to allow for the toggling of No Drop loot confirmations. This behaves exactly like the previously added /lootnodrop command.

What does this do and how is it different than Fast Drop?

How is the option "sometimes" interpreted? Is there a way to change when "sometimes" is not "other times?"

I have no idea what this is supposed to do. Any clarification would be appreciated.

EDIT: Found this outside the forums. I was searching old patch notes for the "previously added /lootnodrop" command.
  2. silku Augur

This toggle allows the setting of No Drop looting.. That is if an item is No Drop, it will ask you if you want to loot it and make you click yes or no before moving it from the corpse/container to your inventory. If you toggle it off, you will not be asked.. it will automatically move it without informing you it was a no drop item.

The Fast Drop allows you to drop things from your cursor directly to the ground with or without a yes no confirmation box.
  3. Darktower Elder

I was curious about this change too. What exactly is the definition of 'sometimes'?
  4. Qulas Augur

No Drop confirmation being turned OFF by default is pretty hard to understand considering that since the beginning of time No Drop confirmation has been turned on by default.
    Sinestra likes this.
  5. Brudal Augur

I believe it has to do with not being able to split stacks of nodrop quest items with the confirmation on. When off, you could opt to loot a single nodrop item from a stack. I could be wrong.
  6. gcubed Augur

The Sometimes options will not display the "Yes/No" box for items you can use and display it for items you cannot use. As an example: A warrior would get the dialog if they attempted to loot a rogue only dagger but would not get it if they tried to loot a warrior only sword.
  7. Darktower Elder

I figured it meant that in regards to weapon/gear drops but what about no drop quest/task items. Will it still display the yes/no for those?
  8. gcubed Augur

I am not really sure as I haven't looted any quest items since I changed my option. I imagine it would depend on if the quest item was marked All/All or None/None.
  9. Darktower Elder

Also, I'm pretty surprised the devs changed the default option to 'never'. I see there's now a note about it in the server log in message but still, I can see a VERY BIG mistake happening when someone who doesn't know about the change logs on, raids and loots an entire raid chest by mistake.

I would think changing the default back to 'always' would be a safer bet the devs could make.
  10. Caudyr Augur

I don't know why they set it to be "off/never" by default when it's been "on" by default the whole time. This should've stayed "on/always" by default. -_-
  11. Rtugok Developer

I'll bring this up.
  12. JChan Developer

This was not intended. We we're working on a hot patch in the very near future to remedy this issue.
    Tarvas and Rtugok like this.
  13. JChan Developer

Patching your client should resolve this issue now.
    Rtugok likes this.