Option for full groups to be able to create a pick on TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by took2summit11, Feb 7, 2019.

1. snailish Augur

Not trolling, and recognize that the forums don't share this view:

Pickzone has no place outside of newbie zones the first two weeks a server is up, and possibly a new expac the first two weeks it is up. This is when the legitimate overpopulation of the level range of zones occurs.

Reason: radical distortion of the in game economy and extreme linearization of gameplay.

10X picks of Lower Guk running (and later Velks, etc.) with all the other 30-50 zones empty is such a waste.

I get the attraction of ease/convenience. I get that Lower Guk has weak mobs, easy pulls/camps for this playerbase, sellable loot, and fast respawns, while being easy to get to. Pickzone makes this worse because why play anywhere else?
  2. TheRedBandit Elder

I mostly agree with your point, however the change in the economy is arguably a good change for the vast majority of players. Box teams locking down the only lguk nameds would really suck the fun out of classic and kunark too.
    snailish likes this.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Not to mention an extreme demand on system resources. Having multiple picks of zones with only few players in them will cause lag for everyone.
    snailish likes this.
  4. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

i think the /pick option is great as it stands, yeah it's tough trying to find a popular camp and finding out it's already taken, but that's the soul of the game
    Nolrog likes this.