Open Lockjaw with Kunark

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xars, May 29, 2015.

1. Xars Journeyman

Do something different. Two of the same exact servers don't provide you (Daybreak) with the business information you need to run a business.

There was a lot of interest in having a Classic+Kunark server. Just behind a Classic server.

So now that you are going to have two servers, open Lockjaw with Kunark.
  2. Oberon Augur

There was more interest in classic only and many of those people didn't get to play
  3. Aenoan Augur

If that was actually the case they would have done that on Ragefire, or maybe more people should have voted for Kunark at launch, since not enough did in the first place.

Doesn't make much sense to go through the trouble of instancing content to just open a new expansion anyway, which would be more then enough to thin the herd.
  4. Gurgy New Member

Because this hasnt been discussed before?
    Indrigoth likes this.
  5. MBear Augur

I thought Classic+Kunark was only 1/4 or so of the vote?
  6. Hendar2 Augur

DBG has all the information it needs to make a business decision. The demand for service X exceeded their capacity. This demand represented potential income, or loss if people left. They added another server with the same ruleset: more X. Adding something else (say Y) doesn't really make sense in that case, now does it?

Alternately

Joe: Hey boss, everyone bought all the Doritos we had in stock and customers are angry. Should I order some more Doritos from our supplier?

Boss: No, that wouldn't provide me with enough business information to run my business. Don't order Doritos, order rice cakes.
    Finwen likes this.
  7. MaestroM Augur

So. I was in the "at least kunark" camp before launch and if I had a chance to change my vote to classic only I would.

I only voted for kunark because I wanted an iksar and because, without instancing, classic just isn't even close to big enough. kunark is still too small but it would have helped. Now that we have instancing there is no need for kunark at launch aside from wanting an iksar right away.

I can wait for iksar.
  8. Numiko Augur

9. Glistarian Augur

This would have been a fine choice since no one voted on Lockjaw.

But there's less than an hour to server launch, boss.
  10. Hateseeker Augur

OK, so....prior to Lockjaw being announced, I promoted opening Ragefire with Kunark because of overcrowding. Now that instancing has solved the problem, I just don't see opening with Kunark as being too meaningful, nor do I think that enough people will care about it any more to get any traction.

Maybe someday Progression servers will do something different, as in, open with Classic-Velious, or open with PoP, or open with GoD/OoW; or even open with Classic but then unlock two expansions at a time. I don't think this year is going to be that year.
  11. Jaxarale01 Augur

With the instancing and a second server there is literally no reason to open Kunark.
    The pro Kunark/Velious movement was driven by those of us that knew there would be no room to level or hunt. DB, to their credit have disappeared those problems.
  12. Hendar2 Augur

Keeping the servers with the same ruleset makes it easier to merge later on, should the need arise.
  13. Vlerg Augur

instancing solve some problems.

but we still have the '' me and 3 of my alt are now 50 with nothing to do'' problem that happen around the 3 month mark.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  14. Steampunk Augur

He thinks he's Don Quixote and he's found his windmill. Let him blather on if it makes him feel good. The decision has already been made and the server opens in half an hour (fingers crossed).
  15. Jaxarale01 Augur

And that is why we need the babies to stop poo pooing about some random guy in a old instance that might get a fbss or too and star focusing on tje specifics of raid instances.

As I have said... we have much bigger fish to fry!
  16. Vlerg Augur

oh and the:

'' i've been playing a classic rogue for 3 month now, and getting kinda bored with the 2-button ( kick and backstab) playstyle... so I tried a warrior only to find out he was also a 2 button toon ( taunt + kick!). Tried a wizard and grew tired of nuking once per mob, medding 90% of the time...'' etc.

Part of the reason people box multiple toon is.. let's face it... playing a single toon in classic is waay too slow-paced and trivial...
  17. Fearme New Member

Not necessarily. Just keep Lockjaw at Kunark until Ragefire is ready for the next expansion. Merge then. By that time, I would think the server loads will have decreased enough to leave a healthy population on the merged server.