Only post in a decade (warning: long)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lichner, Oct 26, 2014.

1. MrFlik Journeyman

I'm quitting too.

Not so much a rage quit, more a case of Sony is charging a large amount of money for ever decreasing enjoyment. What is the point of playing when you know the cycle is your toon will reach an enjoyable golden age and the devs will rip whatever made the toon fun apart a few months later. So you try and compensate and the devs make it even more difficult.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Leerah Augur

You were lucky to have your son playing with you as long as you did. All my D&D gang and my sons all stopped playing when WoW came out. I haven't been able to lure a single one of them back.

Like you, the broken promises and lies bothered me the most. I owe it to my guild and server to at least maintain a chat presence here until the lights go out.

Lee of Povar (almost 59 yr old woman.)
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Saicotic New Member

This is very sad, I came back to play after not playing for several years...and while I read about all the changes and expansions..it seems that the game has really fallen into a rut. It is sad that SOE still beating players with the nerf bats and promising the sun but delivering fluff..

I am glad I did not purchase the xpac yet, will wait and see if they respond before giving soe anymore of my money.

I am sorry to see such dedicated players leave, you all will be missed as it was you who made EQ what it was. The friends, fun, and laughter will not be the same with out you.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Nolanite New Member

Thank you Apothikus and Lichner for your heartfelt posts. Its sad when you give someone your loyalty and support and they manipulate you for their benefit and give you mealy mouthed excuses in return. 4 acounts here with years on them, not purchasing expacs till xp is fixed. Not resubbing if xp isn't fixed.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Terminat Lorekeeper

Great post. Couldn't of said it better myself.

The Fabled Terminat Hora'Diem
    April 2000 - October 2014
  6. Xanadas Augur

I admire your dedication and longevity in playing EQ and generally agree with you on all points. I would only wonder why you haven't gotten to this 'breaking point' sooner. =]

For about the last 3 years, SOE couldn't pay *me* to trudge through the newer expansions. Give me old school EQ anytime over the newer content.

You and your son should try joining a progression guild and see how you enjoy that kind of stuff. Could be fun.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. GhostToThePost Lorekeeper

A lot of people will be joining Lichner by Christmas. I have a friend in game, owned 6 Gold accounts (6 boxed) and he just canceled all of them and he is also done. His reasons are pretty much the same as everyone else who has retired over the past month or so. He just cannot justify paying for a game that mistreats and lies to its customers and continually puts out a crap product. Its not worth it anymore. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. The game will not get any better, and once the current player base figures that out, they'll be a lot happier instead of continually letting Smedley and company bend them over a stump and laughing all the way to the bank with your money.

I guarantee you that Server Merging will be a strong discussion emphasis by the summer.
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Blademaster Elder

Great post Lichner!

I quit back shortly after COTF release.
    I was really looking forward to coming back but realised quickly when starting to look at the new expansion that I won't enjoy the experience, I HATE time gated heroic adventures being the method of attaining gear, grinding time gated currency to buy items from a vendor is not the EQ I want it to be.