One Warriors opinion

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Kallitank, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Kallitank Elder

Nope, just saying I had no idea Paladins did so well against multiple mobs. Hurray for them, doesn't affect me at all. It's just I've been reading that they thought they were weaker than warriors and SK's. I guess they're not , or I really am doing something wrong. That's entirely possible.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Never said I keep them off the rest of the group, that's just how many I pull.

If a ranger, beast, chanter or druid has to take afew hits I don't really care much one way or the other. Or we have to scale back area damage/multi dotting which makes the whole process slower.

Which if paladins are the only tank that have to do that, why? Why should I have to work 10 times as hard, and use every trick in the book, resort to old PBAOE clickies or cycle through extended target if no one else has to.

Let alone just because I can pull it off does not mean everyone can.

As far as how many you can tank another warrior in this thread already said he's doing the same crap.

Also keep in mind these mobs have a life expectancy sub 30s or even sub 20s.

If they weren't dying that fast it wouldn't even be possible.
  3. Kallitank Elder

I feel you took that as some kind of attack, it wasn't meant that way. Same applies to me for not being able to do it as you being able too. Just because I can't doesn't mean other warriors can't. Either way it's not my play style, generally bring in one or two at a time. Would you mind, or if the warrior that said he can do it too, telling me how you manage to tank 10 at a time. If you don't wanna post you can message it to me.
  4. Tucoh Augur

My "Oh " strat:
    1. pop flash of anger, aggro all mobs.
    2. As flash of anger is dropped, all the mobs should be ontop of you and ready to go. Pop furious disc->equip 2H->Hit Wars Sheol's Heroic Blade->hit rampage. If other members in my group can pop ADPS cooldowns, they should (auspice, quicktime, dichotomic fury, circle of power etc). With 10+ mobs on me I'll be closing into 7 digits of DPS or something ridiculous, so the timing of this all is pretty important.
    3. As furious drops, pop->PDH, anguish BP, dichotomic shield, resplendent glory, blade guardian, imperator's charge, third spire, blooddrinker's coating, geomantra steelstone, your epic, that +healing flower and finally last stand/hold the line/switch to shield.
    4. Buckle in, watch your HP bounce around and hope your group's DPS is able to kill enough mobs before your dicho/PDH drop. Your furious disc will knock down their HP quite a bit (to half possibly!), they just need to focus fire. You'll probably need to use Warlord's tenacity/resurgence, and get another flash of anger off before it's done.
    Kallitank likes this.
  5. Kallitank Elder

Thanks for the reply, when I really screw up and get a large number on me, I usually go the other way with discs and abilities. Like you I start with flash then hit stormwheel and rampage maybe a Area taunt then I go to Fortitude and cycle thru our other defensive ones. Next time I get hammered by a bad pull I'll try it your way.
  6. Xanathol Augur

7. Chaosflux Augur

No I was qualifying what I said for clarity.

Most of it is having some sort of real healer (non-boxed) preferably a cleric, vut a druid or shaman will do if they arent bad players. and pressing all the buttons and keeping 3 hotbars completely red, using a bunch of old (and afew new) clickies that have a PBAOE or targeted AE. Which usually requires shield flashing or deflect to cast. Then it's cycle targets and never let my spell bar refresh. Chasing the aggro meter and taunting.

Also having a chanter with subtlety turned off doesn't hurt since they can eat a hit or two if they get aggro. Sometimes a warrior or a paladin I know fills a group slot, which makes it easier because there's someone else to catch stragglers and/or the ability to use the paladin alliance (which if alternated is a healthy increase to kill rate).
  8. Kallitank Elder

So is this sustainable? Can you make huge pulls back to back, if not doesn't bringing in one at a time constantly make more sense. Safer and probably close to the same kill time. I think we all run thru trash in 30 seconds or less, so bringing the second just before the first dies you'll kill gen in around 4-5 minutes without having to wait for any cool downs.
  9. Coronay Augur

It is sustainable. I can pull 5-10 on each pull in FM at the sarnak camps for hours. Smaller discs for the 5 pull, when fort/last stand back up, do a huge pull
  10. Kallitank Elder

Just to let you know I box, so I'm generally going to go with the easier path. I'll never be able to match what a full group can do.
  11. Tucoh Augur

The strat I posted about isn't sustainable, because long cooldowns like furious, last stand are pretty critical (especially with today's nerf to defensive proficiency). If you've popped all your cooldowns you'll want to pump your brakes on massive pulls until you get some back.

Your puller has to find the right tempo for your group based on AE vs single target DMG, mob difficulty, pull distance etc. When I camp the spirit of incineration/gullerback/that fury giant next I'll be making massive pulls and bringing in 4 to 8 mobs at a time because it takes too long to pull them 3 at a time and the mobs are all so weak.

While I'm roaming my group through Chardok to each camp, I'll be aiming for 2-3 mobs, because they are tougher and the pull distance is shorter since I'm moving to the mobs.
  12. Chaosflux Augur

Not at all, great for a lesson burn or half an XP pot or something. By then I am pretty burnt out on hitting 3 15 times a second.
  13. Ulfgar Soulforged New Member

Sorry, not buying this without a vid or something. Full t2 group geared and 5 would end me in like 10 seconds. Unless you have someone cc'ing off to the side i just don't see this being real.
  14. Coronay Augur

Ulfgar its not difficult at all. No CCing, Just war+clr+brd and 3 rogue mercs or whoever wants to fill in. If there is a zerker in the group then it is incredibly easy.
  15. Chaosflux Augur

You are leaving bucket loads of player potential on the table more than likely, which is fine that's a playstyle choice. However how you can you evaluate the possibility of something if you are?

The difference in player power at 50% and 100% skill use is beyond massive.
    Coronay likes this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

I'm T2 a group geared warrior and 5 is no big thing even with cleric mercs. Give the rotation I posted earlier in this thread a whirl.
    Coronay and Chaosflux like this.
  17. Sindaiann Augur

I do it in chardok and constantly pull 5-10 every pull with my SK.

I go to the Battlemaster camp room(this is my camp), pull that whole room in 2 phases and then I do the Watch Captain phs + 3 near Bridge Guardian and the random 2-4 on the way back to Battlemaster camp.

After those are dead, I tag the far Bridge Guardian PH, the roamer and the side room and head back. Depending on where the roamer is I can end up with 2-4 extra on those 3 phs.

Then after that is done I do the caves up to the Queen prep for the Sokokar Matron and Flight Coordinator. These caves + clearing the Queen prep is generally 10+ pulls each time.

I do not do this while boxing. It is me playing the SK solely and a full grp of 5 with a real cleric. We generally can smoke all these areas and by the time I finish the Queen area, repop start in the Battlemaster area.

It's my favorite exp grind / twink loot camp currently.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

19. Chaosflux Augur

I am boxing a beastlord, autofiring interferes with swapping. If I was just playing 1 or raiding I have autofire connected to a button on my keyboard. It's also incredibly dangerous if tanking near capacity, since on the off chance I have to cast Grief or Sorrow quickly I need to do that. I also alt cast DoTs since there isn't a way to multibind them that doesn't involve scripting.

I guess I could move Grief to #3 and link the other and just punch alt though. Still doesn't solve the DOT issue.

I appreciate the thought tho.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. Thancra Loladin

Yes you are, everyone can have aggro on 10 mobs if those mobs are not damaged/engaged.

If you meant paladins can aggro 10 mobs that are all being damaged at the same time then no you can't do that if you play with real DPS classes. The other 2 tanks have the ability to do that simply by receiving heals (I'm not talking of the spells that make them do that, for SK, those are fine atm), this is stupid and unhealthy for the balance of the tanks, the paladin should receive the same kind of spell (instead of a useless stun), that's, at least for me, my main complaint about aggro.
    fransisco, Sindaiann and Chaosflux like this.