One Character on One Account freezes the UI or crashes it

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bitten, May 20, 2022.

1. Bitten Journeyman

I have two accounts, eight characters on each. Most of them are able to access Overseer (85+)

One, my main, on my primary account has always been able to access Overseer, but starting about a month ago, not so much. Beginning back then, starting Overseer freezes the UI. If I wait long enough, it usually recovers, but sometimes it seems to have crashed the Client S/W.

I have tried a File verification at boot, a couple times, but this issue is ongoing.

Any ideas about what files I might want to delete so that I might have a fresh start on this one character's Overseer?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  2. Bernel Augur

Was that a Windows file verification or EQ game asset verification? You can have the launcher do a byte-level check on the EQ files by bringing up the launcher and clicking on Advanced Tools->Verify Game Assets. That will find corrupted files in EQ.

If you have another computer around, install EQ there and see if that one has the same problem.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Mine does the same but not to the extent of crashing it all the way. And its very intermittent. Some days it might, some accounts it might. Some accounts it never happens on.

Even though this started long before the last patch I have file verified in eq, check that clock was correct (it was) etc

While not a bug this is similar to when I take a screen shot with the - button the UI will freeze while its taking the shot and this appears to be the same type of freeze.

I don't expect it to get fixed. Just hope it doesn't go into full crashing like yours OP:(
  4. Bitten Journeyman

Bernel: EQ game asset verify via Verify Game Assets.

I have an external SSD that I use to play EQ, via BootCamp on my MacBook when I am away from home, If I don't find a fix soon, I will try booting from that, but, since it is a recent Mirror from the misbehaving account, I would expect it to act the same.

We'll see.

CatsPaws: It sounds like we may both be suffering the same issue. I feel like there should be some character specific file we can delete that might fix this, but have not tumbled to what that might be, yet.

Hope springs eternal, so Good Luck to the both of us!
  5. Bitten Journeyman

Never mind. This whole thing my have been in my mind.

When I got to WW today, with the stark, white, icy background I noticed a minimized window in my UI, so, of course Overseer is back.

The freezes are likely the zoning in freezes that are reported elsewhere.

Thanks all.