One brutal zone or two

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Agrippa, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Oranges Augur

Oh yes, give you people more easymode stuff, it's not enough that you plow and beamkite through XP mobs like slicing through cake that you need a special ZEM zone.

Why stop there, just ask for an NPC that you hail to give you all the augs and XP with a single hail.

How about your stop using your slot 8 OP gear in Norrath and only use it in your raid loot slotmachine. If groupers aren't allowed to use slot 8 gear why are you?
  2. CaptAmazing Augur

There's not much slot 8 that's not found the same or better in slot 7 nowadays.
  3. gcubed Augur

What is it with you and type 8 augs?

All of the gear I wear accepts type 7 augs. None of it will accept a type 8 aug. I can't think of a single type 8 only aug that would not be a downgrade to the type 7/8 augs I currently use. Most (if not all) Type 8 only augs are delete button fodder even for people with type 8 aug slots.
  4. Nocomplaints Elder

Omg where to start with this.

A. You must have gotten booted or not accepted to multiple raid guilds to have this type of envy.
    B. You are complaining about CoA type 8 augs...REALLY NO REALLY!?!? Look at the augs most raiders are using today. They are type 7 (I said seven) and type 8. Thus meaning the augs you use are the same as the ones raiders use.
    C. Easy mode, the game is easy mod. If you wanna talk about hard let's see if the devas can lock you into old world slow med server where u have to look at book to med. Where there r no stones or nexus. Where u have to run across karanas with no gear and deep into the paw to retrieve your corpse. Raiding meant you might not get your gear back without dev assistance.

Kaylord101 and Elricvonclief like this.
  5. Thrillho Augur

I've been reading this thread for a while and getting a good chuckle out of it. I've avoided posting as I'd prefer not to feed the trolls, but I can't resist any longer.

Why are you so angry with raiders? Who took a leak in your shoe?

You've slammed the OP for his suggestion for a tougher zone. Fair enough - not all groupers would be able to handle a raid-focused zone, and it would be a waste of dev time to make something for the game which would be solely used by the top players. But now someone posts a suggestion for an instance and again you rip in to them. I don't get it.

You're already saying raiders don't xp - so why would a ZEM of 2.5-3.0 be a problem? They clearly don't need the experience. If anything, it would be a way to get groupers some faster xp. Because, let's face it, there is cross-over between raiders and groupers (those traitors!). And it's considerably easier to make an instance with multipliers than it would be for a dev to create a whole new zone, so it's not like you're losing out on new content time. If you're going to whine about raiders being able to soar through this new zone and create an even larger gap between raiders and groupers, why should it matter to you? Clearly you want nothing to do with us anyway, so why does it matter if we're geared 2x better or 3x better?

And the removal of raid gear from group zones. Another brilliant idea o_O. I enjoy raiding. I don't do it so I can go back to "lesser" zones and destroy them. But to say that it isn't enjoyable would be a lie. However, I'm not going to give up my hard earned raid gear because I'm looking for a challenge in the group zones. I've worked quite hard to get this gear and I want a place other than raids to use it effectively.
    Noobieguy likes this.
  6. Ronak Augur

This has already been done. It was called OMM.
    Elricvonclief, Imrahil and Gruugg like this.
  7. Enizen Elder

So wait, you are complaining about type 8 augs, that 1) any grouper 85+ in group gear from the bazaar can go get, 2) is a downgrade to almost ANY aug that drops from SoF and newer.
  8. Amor Augur

I like posters like Oranges. Their blind hatred towards something makes it amusing to see someone that believes if you say it enough means it's true. Through all the years of EQ I have grouped with quality raiders and quality groupers. I have also grouped with bad raiders and bad groupers. It's the player playing the toon that shines, not their gear. I don't deny that gear can hide some of the bad but if a player is good they will shine regardless of what they are wearing. Your blanket statement about raiders makes me laugh and reminds of the guy that says I never lost a fight. It's easy to never lose a fight when you have only been in one or only fight people you know you won't lose to.

As for OMM being your measuring stick, which is laughable, but since that is what your using as your basis for what a good player can do. You're basing a players skill on the past when EQ was a totally different game. By your logic the Romans would crush the United States in this day in age because back than when things were different they somehow equal to the here and now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a raid zone. Have it unlock thru raids but also create a quest path to gain access to said zone. Wouldn't mind seeing instances off of the raid zone. Would also like a couple open world raid mobs as well in that raid zone. I know in the past guilds have blocked content in open world targets so maybe put a 4-5 day lockout on the open raid mobs and have them spawn 24 - 36 hours after a death. This can prevent the blocking and put a flag on the players with a lockout that if they try to engage the mob before their lockout is up they just die. Can put in 12 - 24 man type mini raid names in the zone as well to give the groups of players that enjoy those as well something to strive for. It would have to be a huge zone to accomodate all of that and some of the stuff I said I'm not sure is even possible with the flags but just a thought. Itemization of a zone like that would probably be the hardest part and based on the past would probably be horrible with how things are itemized this day. Just a thought, even though something like this will never happen.

Amorcen
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. Kurayami Augur

Abysmal Sea, raid gear doesn't really make a difference in my ability to click merchants and click combines.

Any other monster mission in existence.

Housing zones during anniversary, my raid gear doesn't help me pick up ground spawns any better.

The game itself is easy mode, groupers might have to pull a little more carefully, wait for all their AAs/discs to be up on namers, but other than that easy mode. Let's get rid of pok, mercs, ghall and globby. Let's bring back naked corpse runs. As it stands now there is only a small 5 minute penalty and pathetic amount of xp lost for death, not counting the whole couple mins it might take to travel back to your area. Let's bring back having to hope you can bribe a cleric to ress your corpse in the 3 hours you got, and hoping you left some plat in your bank as the rest is on your corpse.

And all of us have to endure misinformed jealousy with Oranges, what's your point?

You have clubbed baby seals before?

The skill cast mods from LDoNs would have made a better argument here, COA augments are useless garbage nowadays. Getting a slot 8 isn't as hard as you think if you really want those anyways, in fact, it is GROUPABLE.

They do use the appropriate gear that they earned grouping/raiding, just as you have only grouping/soloing. You seem to have something out for raiders in general, like they did something to you. From your blind unseeing hatred of them, it sounds worthy of the Dr. Phil show or some such. How is that hatred working out for ya?
    Elricvonclief and Imrahil like this.
  10. Gruugg New Member

Your hate is entertaining, I got a good laugh when reading your ridiculous posts. Groupers are allowed to use slot 8 gear, they just have to go get it. No one is stopping anyone from doing whatever they want in this game.
  11. Kurayami Augur

The comedy from this thread has spread to a new thread somehow.... Check out Who is this tuned for? Someone trying to give themselves a pat on the back? :|

12. Nocomplaints Elder

Nope I am trying to put together two groupers one who says that groupers are more skilled then raiders and one who is struggling I figure they can share tips the raiders just zerg with their leet gear.
  13. Enizen Elder

Can't believe I missed this :(

Try the bard in gold armor in the guild lobby, and in case your stuck the word is "tribute"
  14. Imrahil Augur

Thanks for this, gave me the first chuckle in a few days.

Probably baby seals wanted to become raiders, so he had to step in?
  15. Oranges Augur

No I'm complaining about slot 8 augs from COA and below that were, and I quote liberally "deemed too powerful" and were never made accessible to slot 7 group gear.

Meanwhile, it's totally A-OK that raiders with 150k HPS and heroics coming out of their ears are plowing through easymode XP zones, because that......is of course, not OP.

But obviously the issue is that the XP zones are too easy, of course the issue is not that your gear is completely and utterly OP, silly me suggesting that you use appropriate gear. Forget that, let's just design whole new zones to please the easymode raiders.
  16. Enizen Elder

Yes because ALL raiders are around 150k, beasts. In fact if you have less than you must not have raided for more than 6 days (we all know you get full set of t2 raid gear in a week).

Are you really this delusional? Do you not understand that whatever gear someone has will only take them so far. Do you not get that everyone can die if they are dumb no matter what zone, just like everyone can plow like no tomorrow if they are smart about it?

Group gear is OP compared to old raid gear, a set of bazaar group get 92-95 BLOWS AWAY t4 SoD gear, as in 20-30k HP upgrade no AC loss, better focus, and Heroics, are slightly lower but not so much as to offset the upgrades.
  17. Talif Augur

18. Ronak Augur

I just want to know where these people with 150k HP are.
  19. Imrahil Augur

Didn't you get the memo? Every raider gets this after a week of raiding to plow through just to grief Oranges.
  20. Falos Augur

I'm a mage.. so I had this 1 expansion ago.