Once again: How many videos are needed to punish someone.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Glow, May 26, 2019.

1. Glow Augur

Once again a player, infamous among many for his training, is training and dispelling my pets for no real reason.

I reported this player several times with videos, and he was not punished at all.

If I send you 3 videos of the player training me how on earth is that not punishable?

Is training allowed Daybreak?
    Ghostdog likes this.
  2. Nekromancy Elder

Maybe if you were one of the em que 2 users. They seem extremely protected atm. People getting suspended for training hackers.
    Meridian likes this.
  3. Meridian Augur

Hack or swipe harder. Then you will be better protected.
  4. Mitsubibi New Member

I mean, if you're gonna gripe on the forums atleast give the popcorn munchers the "so there I was" details..
  5. Glow Augur

I'm not allowed, I get a warning for trolling if I say anyone's name.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  6. Grailer Augur

More details needed. Don’t need to name them just a story of where / how etc ...entertain us with your drama so we can have a good laugh at your expense.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Are you allowed to post in game video? I mean that's super unprotected since it both speaks for itself and is already in the public.
  8. Glow Augur

Nope, you can send them 4 videos of a player training you, he's doing it again right now, they mark it as solved, but you say their name or post a video and they delete the thread and ban you from the forums.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  9. oldkracow Augur

You know there is a hack to change your visible name to something else before you starting training right? Good luck on that video evidence...
  10. kjempff Elder

No they won't do anything. Everquest has become a pvp game.
    The only way to deal with it, is to write down their names and return the favor whenever you see them. Revenge always solves issues, just look at rl world samples for proof :p
  11. code-zero Augur

You're one of those guys that trains people, right? Hoping that you can get your victims to return the favor so you can get them banned

You apparently failed to see that the trainer is doing it repeatedly under the same name. Sooner or later they're going to get busted and possibly catch a perma ban for their efforts
  12. boozi42 New Member

i find this funny coming from you

failed to see the trainer is doing it repeatedly under the same name? who might that be and how do you know? far as i see op didnt mention it and infact said he wouldnt for a reason

looks like another assumption when you said sooner or later they will get busted and probably catch a ban (you said a perma at that) why do you think this exactly? is it because some trainers have been banned before?

let me ask you this, out of all the trainers youve seen, how many you think are actually punished
    over 50%? under?
  13. code-zero Augur

Actually every one that I've ever reported where punished. Close to a dozen now
  14. boozi42 New Member

youre 100% false, ur just stirring up bs cuz ur a troll lol

lets be real though, look at your recent activity, every comment u made on every thread just shows youre doucheness btw
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

I've reported two people, for training in excess of 30 to 60 minutes.

They never got banned, at least not in the anywhere near future considering I saw them around still.

At some point you just give up, adjust your gameplay and kinda just wait for Pantheon or contemplate bad choices like WoW classic...
  16. Accipiter Augur

Wait, what? Part of "that one program"? What happens when you send the fake name a tell?
  17. Mirana New Member

DBG's punishment seems wildly inconsistent. I've read multiple accounts of people submitting numerous videos of trainers with no disciplinary action, and I've read multiple accounts of people saying they have gotten numerous people suspended after submitting video evidence. I've also been told by credible sources that they have witnessed people disappear offline for a week within hours of submitting video proof. The only conclusion I can draw is that one or more of the following must be true:
    a) some guilds have gm's in their pockets
    b) it just depends on the mood of the petition reviewer on the given day
    c) the suspensions are done in batches and can take weeks or even a month+ to process
    d) the countless people claiming to submit video evidence are lying

I'm inclined to believe that a) and c) are the most likely. Without naming names, I once received a 3 day suspension within minutes of training someone in retaliation, by a gm that was in the zone to witness it. Tell me, when was the last time a gm responded to you within 15 minutes? (Hint: never).
  18. Grailer Augur

Because the 1 dev has all the time in the world to sit around watching your poorly recorded video for hours .
  19. Dailor Augur

I believe the formula is 420/69x.666 videos.
  20. Dailor Augur

Or it is possibly half your level+1.