On the Horizon (March/April)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Zaph Augur

There already is a Port to Guild hall item, from the loyalty vendor, called "Primary Anchor", you can even have a secondary one too :)
    Melanippe likes this.
  2. Zaph Augur

I suggested this pretty much the first week armor ornaments was announced.

never got any "official" acknowledgement.

Still waiting for the BFG to return though
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Barton The Mischievous

Hey looks like we think alike :)

Barton said:
    “I think someone on this team or maybe the whole team is suffering from Escalation of Commitment on this XP nerf and some other things as well. For those that do not know what EoC is a short definition

An increased commitment to a previous decision in spite of negative information.

Many an organization has suffered because a manager determined to prove his or her original decision right continued to commit resources to a lost cause.

Just revert the XP nerf this is BUS/MGMT 101 stuff.”
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Why would you want to make it harder on your customers to use your store bought cash money items in this instance xp potions that are designed to be best put to use when killing mob after mob not popping one and turning in a quest, why would you nerf all the old xp places when we could be using your new xp potion there making you money it is just silly but evidently someone thinks it is still the "right" decision no matter how much negative feedback they have gotten from changing the way XP worked for at least 14 years.
    Garshok, Caell, Ferry-Tunare and 3 others like this.
  5. Mithicus New Member

Holly,

You said you were thrilled by our engagement. So I will take this invitation to express concerns and offer suggestions.

First let me give you some back ground. I’m nearing 40 and have been playing this game since 1999 (April). I played like an addict as many of us did until 2003 when the stresses of life, and the game dynamic changing so much with PoP that I was burned out. I came back in 2009 (wasn’t impressed), and then again in 2011. Where although I was not impressed I met a cool dude that took me under his wing and got shown the ropes. I was hooked again and have been playing since. I work in law enforcement (street cop), 60 hours a week and I frequently take online classes to further my education. I have a few associates’ degrees and am nearing my bachelors. I have a young family with three kids under four. I have also been gaming, primarily AD&D since 94ish. I have DMed for 20 years and currently have a campaign that is four years deep with no end in sight.

I’m obviously busy. I don’t think I am much more busy then a vast majority of the player base. Most of us are not raiders although it is important to give them content that keeps them playing also. I think the focus needs to be on this dynamic now. With how busy life is, I observe that many of us don’t group. We box, do our missions, “BS” in general and log out. Our engagement is 2-4 hours a night roughly five times a week. For me it’s that hallelujah time when I have the kids bathed and in bed.

Things that are important to a player base (using my DMing for 20 years), is making the players feel that their voice is important. In my career if I spend that extra three minutes to allow someone to vent. The jerk cop becomes the nice officer they remember. This allows them to feel ownership over themselves, their community, and their circumstances. The ignoring of my complaints is drawing me away from the game. Where I once bought collectors editions, I refuse to upgrade at all. Where I have six accounts I pay for (gold), I plan on letting the subscriptions go silver when their one year subscriptions expire. Although I have level 100’s on each account I have never ventured out of RoF where I only occasionally make forays into. I stick around HoT where my gaming style and comfort level is. I have purchased Collectors editions on each expansion, except for the most recent one where I feel ignored as a player. My main issues are experience nerfs to older content when a character reaches level 101+, HA’s nerfs because of other players (I have never run an HA).

So let’s focus on some ideas to encourage the player base to remain playing EQ, keeping the game profitable and encouraging player ownership. However first let’s talk about where the game has been taking wrong turns and the dev teams have ignored us.

Guilds:
    Guilds have turned into something you have, simply to use the teleport pools and have more bank space. I know I have my own guild where I have 15 alts and no one else in it. I got this idea from another player, so I’m assuming it’s currently a dynamic.

Suggestion on some positive ideas to encourage diversity in guilds.
    1. On guild rosters include a tab that is titled “MY,” This tab will only display your characters on the current account. You designate which character will be displayed as the primary, secondary, mule, etc…. It will also show what type of subscription each account has. From there on the Guild Roster Tab only you’re main’s name will display with the last time any of that accounts characters have logged in. Another player can click your mains name on the roster and see who your alts are and anything else that is important such as subscription type, class, level, played, notes etc…

2. Have guild bonuses based on active (30 day) account statuses. Such as 5% increase to trade skilling while in the guild hall for (20) active accounts. An (AA) that is guild tied to teleport you to your guild hall once in a 24 hour period for (30) active accounts. Maybe an AA that is “Call Guild mate” where you can summon a player who is in your guild hall directly to the zone you are in (40 active accounts) once a day but with a few guild mates grouped together they can fill their group or move a raid in (maybe you can only summon to the succor point). An NPC that gives out the same daily quests as Teek at (15). This could go on and on.

3. Guild Quests, an NPC named Old Man (Guild Name).
    Quest one allows you to rename the NPC.
    Quest two allows you to choose the guild color a basic color that you can auto dye any piece of gear to for free no actual dyes needed
    Quest three allows for shield graphics to be painted with the guild banner for shields that can support this. (Maybe SC to buy guild banner pictures that have to be approved).
    Quest four allows for a new zone with each expansion to be added to the portal pool.
    Quest five zone specific allows for new areas to port to.
    Quest six allows for a guild chosen (zone) daily quest.

This could keep going and expanding.

Suggestion on Grouping. Which is rare and in my case not worth the trouble.
    1. Increase bonus experience for groups with more players and less mercs. I understand there is already a bonus but increase it.
    2. New Daily quests that are group tasks, not allowing for mercs.

Suggestion on helping the casual player or smaller group play.
    1. Allowing for a single player to have two mercs active at once (maybe with a slight decrease to experience earned). Nothing drastic just a small penalty.
    2. Explore the expanding of Mercenary classes, Shaman, Druid, Ranger, etc…
    3. Mercenary commands, you can tie these with buying expansions. Similar to pet commands, like stand your ground, minimizing aggro radius of the merc, Teleport, evac, secondary healer, primary buffer, primary Archer, primary melee.
    4. A Single click activate (Pay for Buffs) (Pay for Teleport) (that summons your merc during rest time he charges his fee or a different one, buffs or Ports to his range of zones and asks to be deactivated every 5 minutes and charges again or you command him to stay and change spell selection. The merc will not assist in fighting under the Pay for commands but does eat experience earned and does not penalize experience as an additional merc.
    5. Keeping the current ultra-rare raid loot styled drops that can drop. I think this is an HA thing which I have never done HA’s. (I still can’t do these zones)
    6. Remove ALL experience penalties simply for being older content with higher levels. This is a huge thing for me.

Suggestion for Expansions,
    1. I strongly suggest fleshing out what we already have decrease furthering the story. Maybe add 1-2 (Raid) zones but revamping old under used zones, move quests, increase power levels and loot tables, generally minimize player traveling to encourage more player interaction, and to stimulate guild and group growth. Look at Sol B Nagafens Lair, any epic 1.0 drop already drops somewhere else or can easily be moved. Make the changes permanent, Make Lavastorm a level 80 zone, Sol A a level 90 zone, and Najena, a level 105. You just increased the experience for all players, added nostalgia, and pushed all the lower level quests to the common lands, Nek forest, etc…. Keep the ports lower level but attach a warning to the spell description. “Once a safe place to visit Lavastorm is now overrun with Nagafen’s influence, venturing past the druid stones will be deadly to all but the most experienced players.”

2. Players love HA, and Dailies, I fall under the second category. Add more of them find new twists. An NPC at the Lavastorm druid ring that offers 85, 95, 105 dailies, and 80, 90, 100 group dailies.

3. Add new races, its time and players want them. I want Orc and subraces (Crushbone, Ice Orc etc..) or Gnoll, but adding a sub race of Dwarf like Coldain would also be awesome. Maybe Goblin since they seem to be adaptable and all over Norrath (Runney Eye, Permafrost, Aquatic in Dagnor’s), Since Sol A has a goblin city they could be NON-KoS and friendly to Nagafen’s gaining power and influence.

4. Flesh out and expand old quests, the Old Journeyman Boots Quest->The Fabled Journeyman Boots (with anniversary you can skip step 1) ->The Heroic Journeyman Boots->The Legendary Journeyman boots. Nostalgia, time sinks, and power gains all rolled up into one.
    5. Wake the old Sleeper. Every anniversary year the Sleeper Re-appears and the zone is locked out from anyone not of level 55-65. This allows players to collect some old clickies they may want on new alts, nostalgia, new challenges, and new anniversary quests. Once he is awakened he limits his rampage to his Tomb and the anniversary quests for that zone are over. This allows for old players who never got that experience to maybe experience something similar.

6. Player kill timers on old world mobs. I recently after two years of time finally was able to kill the Golems in PoF. It’s not that I couldn’t, it was simply perma campers having them on lock down. I finally get to have my SK epic after all these years. Put a 30 day lockout timer on some old world mobs that is player flagged. If Old world Nagafen can kick my druid out before or as I launch a nuke at him, there is no reason why we can’t have programming write up something that kicks a 105 Wizzy with a kill flag on back to Ferrott when he pops into the zone and gets too close.

7. Allow raid spells/gear from older expansions to be quested for, dropped ultra-rare, or player made. What difference will a level 90 Rk. III spell make when a level 97 and 105 upgrade already exists? This allows players similar to me in older expansion get slight increases that will help us move on.

8. Allow us older players to buy back our seniority. I don’t care if it is SC and you make cash but I took a hiatus for life reasons and I would love my account flagged for 15 years and not the 12 it is. For example if an account is flagged 1999 and they have (11) years of veteran status allow them to buy back an extra year of veteran for every year the account is reactivated.

9. More merc AA. I absolutely hated merc AA with how slow the gains were but after a couple years with them I appreciate them like I did the challenges of 99-02.

10. Offer a level 90 heroic merc with the 105 level cap, a level 95 heroic merc with a future 110 level cap increase. This allows for new players to jump in allows for players to create more alts to be more versatile, and makes you all money in the process. I would rather pay you than a PLer.

11. New Classes, a Psion, an archer, cavalier (knight styled class), War-priest (fighter cleric hybrid). Just some ideas.

This is getting long so I will cut it off here. Thank you for your time and I always have ideas if you would ever like to talk more in depth.

Thank again.
    Nightmares, Caell, rmain1972 and 4 others like this.
  6. Derd Augur

Literally mobs everywhere you can kill and get the full use of the potion's, and if you read the entire post you'd see they are still looking at the xp issue. Mostly the ones complaining still want to pick a easy to pull or swarm HA not have to finish it and get great xp by flipping it.

As to the gate item.. yay ! I made a heroic sk and after using guild hall port to a zone to xp i remembered i had no way to get back except spend time running thru zones to get to a pok stone. First stop then was to purchase a guild hall anchor but having another gate would be nice.
    Soltara likes this.
  7. gnomeboss Augur

$100 per cookie. at least 7 accounts i can think of off the top of my head. please for the love of baby cazic thule.
    Soltara likes this.
  8. svann Augur

I am no longer seeing an off topic forum.
    Oxgoad likes this.
  9. ForeverBurning New Member

Thanks Holly and congrats on the new position. I'm a long time player (since 2004) and first time poster on these forums. I've been reading the forums lately due to all the changes but mainly for all the talk about a new progression server. I've been waiting for a new one for a long time now and I'll be happy with whatever you guys end up doing with that. What I've always wanted and maybe see a small possibility for now is EQ to be played on another platform such as the ps4 and ps vita. I personally would love to be able to log into my EQ account from multiple platforms and still be able to play the same characters I've invested so much time, energy and emotion into. Maybe even just a classic EQ server that could be played from a mobile device like the vita without changing the game at all. I've seen some comments on other platforms and mobile devices from Smedley and haven't seen any talk about that yet so I just wanted to put my two cents in there and hopefully there's more people out there with similar interests and by any chance I can be using my vita a year from now to slay undead frogs in Lower guk!
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Sostenes Augur

11. Yinnie the Pink Elder

The same could be said for adding quest rewards for SC, it isn't like it is hard to do the Brick of Knowledge quest. It scares me that our EQ producer/team aren't aware of all the other ways of gating,

As for the other awards, when this was discussed previously, a lot of players had claimed these items on older toons that they no longer played and would like a way of getting them on their new mains. But I can understand not putting the newest few beta/fanfaire/LoN rewards on there. there were a few LON rewards on sale a few months back for a short period of time.
    beryon and Yara_AB like this.
  12. Yinnie the Pink Elder

Where has Sense Heading gone????

Prathun been silenced???? Last post was about the anniversary stuff, where can we find details now?
    Oxgoad and Lisandra like this.
  13. Daislet Augur

Here's a STATION CASH idea.

XP Flask - Empty, Tradable, Ammo Slot
    500 SC
    You buy a XP Flask for SC. This flask does not have a click on it. You need to "charge" it by put in ammo slot and killing mobs, i.e evolving item. It will go through 4 phases, as below. It can be clicked at any of the 4 phases, however the XP flask is used up on the click.
    Obviously the actual % XP bonus could be altered by dev's to match up with what they would like.

XP Flask - Quarter Full
    Grants 50% XP bonus for 30mins.

XP Flask - Half Full
    Grants 50% XP bonus for 60mins

XP Flask - Three Quarter Full
    Grants 50% XP bonus for 90mins

XP Flask - Full
    Grants 50% XP bonus for 120mins

The other idea would be instead of a 50% XP bonus for XX mins, is just to have a straight up XP gain of various amounts - however I know you guys don't like selling XP.
    Soltara and Mithicus like this.
  14. Yinnie the Pink Elder

NM found it.

Why mess with the forums? Didn't you learn anything from messing with PoK? Players do not like things moving from where they know they are!
    Oxgoad likes this.
  15. Doozy New Member

Thank you Holly for keeping us informed , and thanks to the team in
    their efforts to keep EQ going .
    You'll never please some of the people here , but I truly believe the majority
    of folks playing EQ are pulling for you guys and gals :)

Doozy
    Zujilli likes this.
  16. Mithicus New Member

I like it I'll buy 6 if heirloom
  17. Zantor Augur

I liked that old neck PoK port item from PoP days, but maybe instead of a regeant is a vendor bought item you need to use it.
  18. Twinblader New Member

How much do we have to pay in SC to have a
    Bot free server ? I would pay extra to play on a server with GM's that do there jobs and get rid of bots we have bots on erollisi marr that run almost 24/7 on brother island how much SC will it cost for better Service I already spent $200+ on cards during sale
  19. Peone Lorekeeper

If only we could get the same effort from your side.
  20. Mardy Augur

+1, also past expansion claim rewards. Sometimes I would be gone from EQ for a couple of years at a time (most of the time due to a bad expansion cycle, don't push players away with bad expansions please), I would come back and see I've missed cool claim items from previous expansions. Would be nice to see past expansion rewards be put on the marketplace.

LoN is obviously a dead game. Stop torturing your playerbase, the sector of the playerbase willing to give you $$$. Start listing LoN loot cards on the marketplace and watch your SC sales go boom. No not just boom, but BOOM. People who care about LoN loot cards are the ones willing to spend money to buy them. But they'd rather buy it direct from you, the company, rather than go on shady 3rd party websites to buy them. People willing to spend the money (and ones you really should care about) don't care about the card game, they want the loot. I mean come on, this is Everquest, it's always been about loot. Start listing LoN loot cards on the marketplace already, give people what they want.

Also to add, start making more things account bound. The more things are account bound, the more likely I'll buy them. I often don't buy something because I'm not sure which character I want to put something on. But if I know I can use those items on all my characters on the account, I would've bought them without a thought. Mounts, pets, illusions, certain housing items, heroes forge armor, etc.. Make them account bound, and give me easy to access ways to access them. Don't clog my inventory/bank with these items, give me a wardrobe, keyring, whatever it is you want to call them and make it easy for me to access them.

Take a page from other, more popular, successful MMO's. The formula is:

1. Make mounts, pets, illusions, armor/weapon skins, etc.. account bound.
    2. Create achievements for collecting them, so people can collect them, get special titles, and special rewards such as getting a special achievement-only mount after they've collected 100 mounts. Or get a special title after collecting 75 pets, or 5 illusions from a specific expansion era, etc..
    3. Profit, watch your players view this as "content". They'll collect, they'll quest, they'll farm, they'll do everything possible to get those achievement titles and rewards. You, just sit back and collect the money, and watch your players have more things to do ingame, more things to shoot towards. Your players are happy, you are happy, win/win, PROFIT.
    Zujilli, Nerishau and Lisandra like this.