On agnarr - melee dps

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Crabman, May 6, 2018.

1. Crabman Augur

Hey all. I am not a fan of defiant gear or mercs. Decided to join Agnarr and I like the choice but I was wondering about melee dps.

I was wondering about both dps ranking and tanking ranking of the melee characters?

I know those are kind of exclusive and I think I have it right that rogue is highest dps and warrior is best tank? but for instance how well can those do others? and wondering about bard vs ranger vs beastlord... stuff like that I guess?

I know I am kinda just rambling just don't want to make it seem like an obvious answer. thanks all
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I never bothered to look at the rules for Agnarr, but I'm assuming that the classes are restricted to those which came out in PoP or earlier. If so, I would guess that the melee ranking would be kind of Rogue>>Monk~>Ranger>Beastlord>>Warrior~>Knights>>>Bards.

Tanking Warriors mitigate the best and hold agro well on single targets, Knights tend to have it easier holding agro on multiple targets.

I'm going off of what I remember things being during PoP era, but with changes that have came to the game in the form of innate passive upgrades as well as skill revamps these could be a bit off but should be around the same with ~> meaning possibly the same or the one on the left greater. The tanking order I even remember less about, but this is what think it was. But even more has been changed with these three classes, especially regarding tanking, so they could all be about equal in most situations.
  3. Yruc Augur

For melee DPS - Monks / rogues / rangers
    For raid tanking - Warrior / SK / Pally
    Group tanking - SK / Pally / warrior / ranger / beastlord
    snailish likes this.
  4. Coslin New Member

Never understood the logic of a Monk having higher DPS than a Rogue.
  5. Angrif Lorekeeper

On Agnarr, Rogues and Monks still do very good DPS in PoP. For our guild (casual raiding, not in elementals yet) Rangers are normally top DPS using bow, especially during the 2min that Trueshot is active, but even without they usually are. Wizards are often up there as well and sometimes hit top.
    Warriors are clear top raid tanks. SKs and Paladins are typically off tanks on raids or rampage tanks. In groups any of the tanks are fine, but SKs and Paladins are less gear dependent on holding aggro. A warrior without a solid aggro weapon (epic doesn't hold up anymore) in PoP will struggle in groups holding aggro at times.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Charm something. DPS > all. Also, mage epic mage is neat to 60.
  7. GNOME_POWER Augur

I'm sorry.
    Because the monks go to pull...