On a lighter note....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soltara, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Soltara Augur

I think I've settled on cleric as well :)
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  2. Irbax_Smoo Augur

Just so long as I can have my Venti-Hot-Green with a touch of honey!
  3. Irbax_Smoo Augur

Hooray! I'll buy your tea. /hi5
    Soltara likes this.
  4. Maniacles Elder

Note that the answer for anyone to the question of "what class should I be" will default to cleric. Everyone wants as many other people to be clerics as possible. :)
    Soltara and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  5. Aenoan Augur

This I like to see! If I don't end up making one I will definitely make sure I got room in my groups for clerics :D
    I always try to fully support enchanters and clerics.

I ain't saying they aren't fun but its shame, they didn't give clerics better dps tools, I don't know if anyone is familiar with War Online or Disc Priests from WoW. But there was a class in WrO that could deal damage and heal their focus target. And disc priests had Atonement which any damage they do would heal the target with the lowest hp. I don't necessarily want that exactly but tools like Rallied Greater Ward of Vie. I felt like they had to wait to long for the good stuff like that. But that's my personal opinion.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  6. Aenoan Augur

Well like I said before, there is always room in my groups for cleric/chanter mains. I haven't made a choice a yet at the very least I know there is a good chance I will be a tank of some kind. But like I said before it depends on what role I end up taking, raiding or not. Right now its hard to say I also see a lot talk about guilds but until we get some forums/webpages up there. It's all up in the air right now.
    I am sure some will change their minds by the time servers go up.
  7. Hendar2 Augur

I'll echo what others have said: If cleric isn't your cup of tea, then please don't head down that road. A good player with friends shouldn't have trouble finding things to do. Play what you enjoy, or think you might enjoy.

I remember on live, having an Enc tank for a group. It is the player not the character that matters in the end. (With some exceptions, such as raid main tank, where I would encourage the enc to take a different role)

If you like the class, or always wanted to try one, then come on over. But inexperienced clerics who don't like the class (and are not having a good time) is not going to end well.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  8. Aenoan Augur

You won't know until you play the class, always good to encourage at least people to try em out. We obviously want to avoid losing a bunch of clerics but no one roles them to begin with, we're going to be a screwed pooch, cause you won't see to many raids get off the ground without at least 3-5 good clerics, would it be impossible? I very much doubt that. But it won't be exactly a pleasant experience, cause those hybrid healers who roled hybrids to avoid main healing, are suddenly full time heals without the ability to use the rest of their tools. If that's the case they would have just been better off as clerics in the first place...If that makes sense.
  9. Irbax_Smoo Augur

We could just do what we did in IV, box everyone else's clerics while we played our mains. ><
    Soltara likes this.
  10. anathema Augur

That probably would have made them far too powerful. They would have had to make them far less resilient to compensate. I would rather sacrifice offense for defense personally.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  11. Aenoan Augur

Yeah that was a thing. 4 box cleric CH rots... GLORIOUS /wrist.

Normally I would agree but no I think I would have rather had clerics with a slight dps edge, its not like spells have to hit hard dps wise anyway, they just have to do damage, 5k damage 2500 heal. Damage can't crit but the heal can or at least exceptional heal. And can only heal the highest agro'd target (tank). There are ways to make it work but it won't happen now, its far far to late now. That's something that has to be done during actual cleric development.
  12. Hendar2 Augur

Bah, the only time I was DPS was when I was soloing undead. (OK a couple of times when there were two clerics in the group, and the other had heals).

Do one thing, do it well.
    Irbax_Smoo and anathema like this.
  13. anathema Augur

It was a lot different game back then. Clerics were tough and had the best heals along with great tanking buffs, add damage and you basically have everything all in one package. There have been dps healers in other games, but they were fragile to compensate. That would be more like a Druid in EQ I think.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  14. Zoggzog Elder

LIES!! Lies and heresy!! EVERYONE should make clerics! And enchanters! And rangers! If you're not happy with those classes, think of it as an arranged marriage. After years of pretending, you'll actually grow to tolerate it! Everybody should make support/heal/dps classes and you can trust me that I'm looking out for YOUR best grouping interests, because I'm a tank! ;)
    Irbax_Smoo and Mezrah like this.
  15. Hendar2 Augur

OK. I plan on six boxing CLR/CLR/CLR/CLR/CLR/CLR.
  16. Irbax_Smoo Augur

If they died, I would laugh.
    Zoggzog likes this.