Omens of War AoCs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darchon_Xegony, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Dranik's Scar
    Harbingers' Spire
    Muramite Proving Grounds

Nobles' Causeway
    • Alpha Feran
    • Bone Cracker
    • Murkglider School Leader
    • Slavedriver Menlo
    Riftseekers' Sanctum
    • Chaliak
    • Feratha
    • King Gelaqua
    • Queen Pyrilonis
    Ruined City of Dranik
    • Battlemaster Rhorious
    • Kyv Sharpshooter Jaeth
    • Lirah the Bridgekeeper
    • Tiorpat Tornwing
    • Zun'Muram Volklana
    The Bloodfields
    • Elite Dragorn Jekisia
    • Gazz the Gargantuan
    Wall of Slaughter
    • Hulcror
    • Pyrique Redwing
    • The Murkglider Hivequeen
    • Tarn Icewind
    • Velitorkin
    So I believe these are all of the OoW static zones, and all of the relevant non-epic "raid" mobs with relatively longish respawn times, raid OOC timers and supposedly designed for multiple groups in era.
    The top 3 zones have no relevant non-epic raid mobs leaving 5 zones that should ideally have an AoC.
    Polekn likes this.
  2. Kixel Journeyman

It should be noted that the epic NPCs in these zones should also spawn within the AOC versions. Including epic fights, drops, and triggered events.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You would be nuts to risk turning in an epic item in order to trigger a fight inside of an AoC instance, and it's pretty unreasonable to expect them to expect them to ensure all the triggers actually work for every single epic.

Hell I wouldn't try them in pickzones either.
  4. Machentoo Augur

Really, if they just put an AoC in RSS for King+Queen, I think that's all they really need to bother with for this one (and I think we could all live with it if they didn't even do that.) Most of the mobs listed in the OP are either 1-2 groupable or sat up for weeks at a time on previous TLP's. Stuff with 100-150 hp/mana loot won't be in high demand when people have been doing PoTime for 8 months and Tacvi for 2.
    jeskola likes this.
  5. Religious Elder

Phinigel is an instanced server ruleset. Per the ruleset, if it's dubbed a raid encounter, there should be an instanced version of that event available. It's not a matter of whether any single individual feels it's necessary or not.
  6. Kixel Journeyman

One can hope Bobbo!
  7. Ootax Augur

Well as we've seen before rules can be changed. And I don't think it's any single individual. Pretty sure the majority of people would not care if any of the open world stuff is instanced or not.
  8. Ryak Augur

I think it's fair to let DBG make that call, which they showed in GoD they have very strong feelings about. AoCs for open world raid content (as defined by DBG) are an important part of this server, so there's no reason to think they should stop just because there's only a few needed per expansion now.

This list looks pretty complete to me and should provide them the ability to cover all appropriate AoCs as long as they use this list as their starting point for consideration.
  9. Risiko Augur

You are assuming that every guild that ever comes along will have spent 8 months doing Plane of Time and 2 months doing Tacvi. While this will likely be true for most guilds currently on Phinigel, it will not be true for future guilds that decide to start and progress through content on Phinigel (or other TLP servers since we all get the same AoC rules eventually that Phinigel gets first).

The idea of AoC raiding is based on the ability for any guild to raid on "their" schedule. That's why it is so popular, and why it works so well. If you start leaving out meaningful raid content from that design, then you begin to destroy the concept of "raiding on your own schedule", and we all have 17 years of experience with that concept already.

AoC content should be there for future guilds and characters not yet created. Anybody two years down the road should be able to come along and raid on their schedule using AoC raid content with out having to deal with raid targets being down because some bored max level killed it.
    Ryak likes this.
  10. Machentoo Augur

No, I am not. Those guilds exist on every TLP, I've had toons in some of them. I don't think they ever decide, "Let's go raid Elite Dragorn Jekisia so that we can gear up for Anguish." No, during Omens, they are raiding PoTime to gear up.

Mobs that can be done with 3-6 people, should not be AoC instanced. This is the approach the devs have taken, which is why the Msha's and the easier Txevu mobs weren't included. A list that consists of mostly groupable mobs isn't a good starting point for discussion.
  11. Risiko Augur

12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So, I hesistated to include that mob and the Kyv Bowmaster event. Both were probably doable in era with a single group, and both are events most people have never even heard of, let alone done. If they want to axe those, be my guest! I simply included all the Raid flagged creatures in these zones that weren't epic raids.

Most everything else on this list is multi-group content, with long respawn times. Which fits their criteria previously cited in the GoD thread.

I do agree that of the events listed, the RSS Queen and King will likely see the most mileage. But I also think that Feratha/Chaliak should be included; as well as the 5 raid mobs in WoS, 5 in RCoD and 4 in NC.

Guilds will certainly gear up via PoTime, MPG Group trials, and maybe lower tier GoD things like Yxtta/Ikkinz. But a large amount of doing any level increase expansion is getting new spells, and farming the raid bosses in these zones is a guaranteed path to a few Glowings and Greaters that most classes want 4-6 of each. Guilds like those described earlier are very likely to be made up of people who aren't able to regularly farm MPG trials or grind in RSS/MPG against kill stealers for hours every day to finish of their spell lines and doing these raids is a good use of their collective time.

Bloodfields I'd be surprised if anyone used it frequently but the Bazu event is a raid event with a long respawn time, so I included it. These discussions rarely have a dialogue between players and developers beyond a short exchange. The post merely exists to list out the core number of long-respawn, raid mobs that were designed to be done with more than 1 group and have 5-min OOC timers, so that the developers can save a little time hopefully and trim/beef up the list to their liking later on.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

14. Brumans Augur

Does that actually ever happen? That a new guild starts up this late into a TLP and starts fresh?

I'd assume any new guilds are just leveling guilds, new users join those, but at max level people feed off into one of the ~20 raiding guilds we have here on Phinny.
  15. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

No it doesn't happen. People like to live in fantasy land, and not the everquest kind.
  16. Machentoo Augur

It happened several times on Fippy around this era. They didn't last more than 2-3 expansions. Switchblade I think was one of them that raided potime successfully during Gates. And I suspect the reason they didn't last was exactly what you described--every time someone got some gear they moved up to a more established raiding guild.
  17. AgentofChange Augur

A few new guilds popped up on Phinny during PoP. Some of them even started by raiding VT before moving to PoP progression. So some more new guilds might form in GoD, although I'd say it's more likely the current guilds end up merging at some point.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Eh the server is somewhat unique due to the instancing allowing so many guilds to stay current. I agree it's not very common for guilds to pop up at this point in a TLPs life, but it is possible. Also happens to be irrelevant to the purpose of the post.

Just wanted a list out there for all OoW "raid targets" in open world that meet their criteria for AoCing. We have 7 weeks until OoW now so likely AoCs will appear on Test next patch if all goes well and we shall see what the Devs decided to do.
  19. Mrjon3s Augur

Honestly from what I have seen on Phinny most of the "new" guilds are from guilds splitting apart with one group wanting to go in a different directing then the original guild.
  20. Ryak Augur

Down to one month left...Let's get on this for an answer.

Also, we should make sure to add Revamped Veeshan's Peak to the list.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.