Older players and Mercs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Old and retired, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Leerah Augur

I always box in 3s so I can campfire back when I wipe.
    Flatchy likes this.
  2. Leerah Augur

My mercs are poor conversationalists.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Help us pass the MDA now! That's the Mercs with Disabilities Act. It is vital for the health of all mercs. The inability of most mercs to carry on a coherent conversation is absolutely shocking. They can't even order food from a drive thru. So, give now to the:

Society for the Health and Assistance to Mercs

Kronos only please.
    Leerah and Stymie like this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Be really cool if, instead of mercs, I could bring my own characters around with me to earn exp/loot. Don't expect the AI to be perfect, maybe add some player input in there.

Y'know, minus the whole running six accounts with scripted bots thing.
    Wdor, Leerah, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or, and I know it's a crazy idea, what if there were some method whereby different people with different sorts of characters could merge into some sort of agglomeration that could work together to achieve some sort of goal. Weird I know, but it's just wild enough to maybe work. On the other hand...Nah. Being social would be bad and could even lead to all of the horrors of friendship and stuff. Forget I said anything about it.
  6. Lingum Elder

"Inflict Gout" will be the new snare.
  7. Leerah Augur

No, that's a root!
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

"And I could tell you about the newest fade spell, but I'm afraid I've already forgotten about it.", says the oldest dwarf alive: Mr. Al Z. Heimer of someplace that he's forgotten all about.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

The way to fix the rest of the merc complaints is not by buffing the mercs, because weak players still need groups, but rather by adding a second merc. 1 merc works for Bst, SK, etc, but A CLR should be able to use a tank and a rogue. Wizard/rog needs to be able to use a Tank and a CLR. etc.

I don't think the tank merc belt procs a slow, and it really, really needs to, so does the mage pet.

Mercs are pretty fine as is. The tank merc can hold it's own, but you need a puller / CC. My tank merc tanks named in ToV with 2 clerics, and handles trash just fine. My cleric merc is keeping up my raid mage pet and my ENC pet against 3 mobs (2 on the mage pet and 1 on the ENC pet) at the same time in UP (Raid ear and maxed CLR). MY tank merc does about 70k DPS and my Rogue merc does about 150k DPS without a bard. These numbers are pretty reasonable when compared to group players. The wizard merc is pretty lack luster and needs to be fixed.

I think some small bumps to the rogue and tank could be beneficial but they can't go too far or people wont suspend them for real players. It's necessary for the mercs to underperform so there is a desire to get real players.

The only thing tank/rog/clr mercs really need is an AI update. Burn needs to go away as it stands. Burn needs to be an activated ability. Pulling a named, you call burn and the tank cycles defensives and the rogue cycles DPS burns. Rogue should never ignore aggro and tank needs to use defensives better. Cleric merc does an okay job healing, but it needs the promised line removed. It needs to have burst of life added, always be reactive and have a called burn for healing adds/named. Burns should use aggro management discs.
    Wdor and Stymie like this.