old world hunter achievements

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Seamus, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Seamus Journeyman

Doing the Planes of Power hunter achievements and each of the following I only need 1 more mob:

Hunter of Drunder (a Stampeding Piglet)
    Hunter of Eryslai (Lossenmachar)
    Hunter of Plane of Valor (a Lumbering Beast)
    Hunter of Plane of Storms (Dolshak the Ornery)
    Hunter of Torment, Plane of Pain (a Kaniz flesh flayer)

The problem? I killed all these mobs and none counted toward the achievement. I should be done with all these but the tasks are broken. I spent a LOT of time camping these mobs or getting them to spawn and for what? Nothing. I petitioned and the reply was, sorry nothing we can do - send a bug report. And there are plenty of other broken ones in other expansions.

Please PLEASE dont release tasks that dont even work - so much wasted time. I know you guys are better than this. You are a for-profit company! So don't charge people for stuff that hasn't been tested and doesn't work.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Also you should have credit for anything you killed once the achievements are fixed later this month.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If there's others you have found that are broken but not posted in the Live Update Bugs thread, just post there and I'm sure they'll fix it.
  5. Seamus Journeyman

Well the update fixed some, but others - which I have sent in bugs for - are still broken after 2 updates. Those include:
    Hunter of Plane of Valor (a Lumbering Beast)
    Hunter of The Hole (a ratman inhabitant)

Can't find any others, so maybe they are getting close to fixing all the broken ones
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

That's just how those 2 mobs work. There are lots of them with the same name, but few very of them are the "rare spawn." /con before killing.

7. Seamus Journeyman

So how are we supposed to know if a mob is broken (doesnt update when it should) or if there are 2 identical versions of the same mob, and the ultra-rare one will update when it should? I just bug everything where the name matches and a kill does not update...
  8. smash Augur

Consider it and see if there rare there
  9. DinkumThinku99 Elder

When you consider it, you'll see "- a rare creature -" (without the quotes) right after the creature's name. If I remember right, that text is in a different color so it's rather hard to miss.
  10. Seamus Journeyman

I mean how are we supposed to know the difference between a mob that has multiple spawns and only 1 of them is rare, and a spawn that is broken - meaning that it's in the list on the hunter but NONE of it's spawns count? You will just walk around killing for days but it will never ever spawn one that counts? There's currently no way to tell if that's going on, or if it is working as intended and you just haven't spawned the rare version yet.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

There is an actual message now, is what they are saying. Target the mob, /con it, and if it is rare, it will be extremely obvious. It says something like RARE blah blah in a different color.