Old style fun with my 13 druid ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgicfool, Jun 22, 2017.

1. nostalgicfool Augur

I never ever charmed with my hafling back in 1999, but my new woodelf has high charisma and with tutotial gear + a single opal stein she has like 148 charisma.

Spell max duration is 4 mn, i hope it will last longer; it works ok but i get rebellions, esp from yellows and white. Wondering is 25 more charisma would help (holding two steins?) ...

Best i got till now was killing 4 mob + the pet which was at 15% ...., worst was immediate rebellion.

Also pet seems debuffed since he would clearly loose against a similar mob.

Wish had tashan.

There must be some Z.E,M in south ro since xp there is almost as good as in Paludal caverns, was there with a shaman and we mostly used dmg shield method + some occasional dots, the shaman was a rich twink using those Kyra fire shield potions that cost 10 plat to make. But the disease there sucks since it prevent you to rest which enforce curing it and each mob will disease you .. and yeap it is a point blank aoe.

Also wondering if killing shroon or indif beasties will make them kos, we only killed kos mobs, it may be wise since i may soon move to the bandits, we took some but they were very red and being unable to snare them was not really fine.

Ps : I would really prefer a zone in which harmony would work ;-)
  2. Rhodz Augur

Cha is not a factor, sorry you wasted that plat.
    Pick blues only
    Charming does reduce some stats but still better than a player. Yeah -MR helps

SRo is just fast because there is little to no downtime waiting on respawns, mana is your only limit.
    If you do not get a faction hit (in yellow) at time of kill then no faction involved.
    Overthere
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  3. nostalgicfool Augur

Thanks will check the yellow faction message, shroons are intelligent so they prob have a faction, the beasties probably don't but i remember (may be it was eq2?) that killing a single bear in a zone could make all bear agro ...

For charisma are you sure ? I have been forever convinced that charisma affect chance to mezz, charm, fear ... any spell that affect the mind.

If not why do enchanters alway carry to opal stein mug ?

Btw : I wasted no money, in the long run a pair of mug save you lot of money since you get better prices ...
  4. Rhodz Augur

Well I haven't seen many Enc carrying an opal stein on this game in a while though I am sure they operate under the same misconception about Cha or like it for the odd lull resist, which does have a Cha component for agro. Maybe they wish to tilt the odds in their favor as much as possible, wont blame them.

There are so many threads here on Cha and charming. If you really want to dig through them the devs pointed out for Enc that Cha is a very minor variable and past 130 Cha or so there was very little to be gained. MR is the big factor and as we all know level is highly reactive on MR, casting on reds troublesome grays a given. Cha has a small effect but I doubt you would notice it.

This only applies to Enc charm, necro and druid seem unaffected by Cha, imagine a necro's Cha...
    That said as we gear up Cha will rise with everything else unless -Cha gear is used so it becomes less of a discussion. While teamed with my wife's druid in Overthere we both charmed and as long as her pet was tashed like mine the results were very similar. Again two different spells with different checks possible.
    So what can you do? Lower MR as much as possible. If the pet will take -MR gear give it something cheap and just try and recover it later. Clickies perhaps for malo or tash is about it.
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  5. nostalgicfool Augur

Thanks for the clarification ... for tashan i think druid get an animal only MR debuf but much later, i will also get quite soon a pet haste buf.

Not sure how i can recover an item with negative MR from a pet , may be looting it ?

Clickies with tashan are probably too expensive, could be nice later.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Yeah break charm and kill it loot your stuff
  7. Rhodz Augur

You will do more good for yourself with mob selection for pets than anything else till gear is plentiful.
    Try to avoid mobs that higher in MR, gobbies in High Keep basement can be aggravating for example.
    Animals seem to average out in the middle from my guess but havent seen any real numbers.
    If I were you I would find an Enc and wreck havoc.