Old spells V new spells

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yinla, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the lack of type 3s and Eyes of Life and Decay not working, which are we better using?

TBL rank 3 or ToV rank 2?
  2. Riou EQResource

Get the restless one from doing tov missions and the appropriate focus AA and use new rank 1+'s
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Only does 7% not 10%. Also still missing robe so don't have the spell focus from that either.

Casters seem to be dropping further and further behind melee.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

For enchanters, magicians, and wizards, use Kizant's web app (just know to make sure the gear settings are correct for your situation when you use it). Realize you have to make mental adjustments since only rank 3 spells are available to choose from … and you don't have rank 3 spells yet.

http://dps.kizant.net/

In general, if you can handle the mana increase in spells and have at least a rank of the focus aas for the spells you use, switch. Most folks I know have been holding off on the new spells until that first rank of focus.

I think that's a much longer topic for another thread.
  5. Cicelee Augur

From a magician perspective, it is better to switch over to TOV damage spells once the following occur-

1. You get rank 2 of the TOV spell
    2. You get the first upgrade of the focus AA for that spell
    3. You get the 7% Restless Ice augment

At this point, the damage is better. However it will not work with burns, so we need to-

4. Get Heart of Skyfire TOV AA upgrade
    5. Get Focus of Arcanum TOV upgrade (debatable)

Furthermore, if you happen to get the TOV RS pet, you cannot use it until you spend 200 AA on the TOV Conjurer Synergy line otherwise you miss out on the proc.

I just piecemeal as I go. Night before last I spent 100 AA on Spear focus, and last night I got Heart and Focus upgrades so now am using 115 Spear. I had already spent the 200 AA on Synergy so have been using the new RS pet. I don't have a glowing for Chaotic (do have new Volley rank 2 but am not using it yet), so my next AA purchases will be one rank of Volley focus, then finish up focus for Volley and Spear, then switch to Chaotic focus. Then I can start doing other things...
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Looking at the raid chests the new forcus for Ethereal (fire spells) is a down grade on TBL, EQresourse shows it at 7% for TOV raid chest one I have from TBL is showing at 9%.
  7. Sancus Augur

Both raid chests have 9%.
    Riou and OldCa61 like this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

I am assuming the one with 10.5k mana is the raid TS robe. If that is the case, I am surprised it has less heroic INT and STA than the raid dropped one...
  9. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

He usually designs the sets like that … overall TS should be better heroics than raid dropped … but not individual pieces. I do wish there would always be an increase on the chest slot, regardless of the other things because that is what is usually upgraded first.
  10. Cicelee Augur

That is right, I forgot. The overall is better, but individual pieces may or may not be better...