old sebilis

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by runecrow, Aug 17, 2015.

1. runecrow Elder

okay 3 hours in and i'm at my wits in; could someone explain where exactly in trakanon teeth i can find the port orb to old sebilis? i've been playing for a while now and finding the entrance port to sebilis is easily the hardest thing i've ever done. there's no info about it on the net, there's no map location in game, there's a labyrinth of same-looking ruins. completing the favor of the gods quests was easier than this- finding bristlebane's party machine as it zoned aout randomly was easier than this. anyone able to explain how to find the orb to sebilis zone from trak's teeth?
  2. Sebbina Augur

Open the Trak Teeth map, far South east area is a derelict city, to get to the orb, you have to enter the ramp down which leads to the most eastern part of the zone. Easiest is to expand the very south east part of themap, so you can see where the ramp comes up into the buildings.
  3. Iila Augur

Have you tried using find? (ctrl-f)

Back before maps, I always used a fallen tree along the edge of the ruins as my landmark of where to turn into the ruins to find the zone in.
    Zentara and Schadenfreude like this.
  4. runecrow Elder

I don't have a map. TT is a zone without a map for me. If I use find on the Sebilis zone I get a red X and when I get to it it's a tree, so I presumed the orb was somewhere below the surface. Looking at the map online I can see there's a corridor which I presume to be a descending ramp. But I can't find the spot in the ruins, the ruins are so confusing and I can't tell exactly where I am in relation to the online map. Anyway I'm looking for a downed tree I suppose. These ruins are driving me bonkers. This is seriously difficult to find without a detailed map or mystic path or something. Well, here I go back again
  5. Mayfaire Augur

Do you need help finding and downloading maps, or is not having maps a choice you have made?
    Drusi, Brohg and svann like this.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

If you are still having trouble you should update your maps. There's a pack from Mapfiend.com and then get the stuff from EQ Resource for VOA to TDS and then snag the stuff here on the forums for maps with fixes & updates.
  7. Sebbina Augur

Even without in game maps, if you got to the Red X from find, getting to the top of the ramp should be child's play, however I suspect you are being overwhelmed by frustration. Okay examine the online map, and you see that the ramp goes south and back west, see the shape of the buildings, and now just travel south of the ruins and head a little west to get to similar shaped buildings and head north into them, and once you do see the opening for the ramp, open your map tools and mark it with a big note Ramp, for future reference until you do get maps.
  8. runecrow Elder

Okay blindly ran into it at long last. Lost a few sanity points but everything seems okay. That was a seriously difficult zone entrance to find and I don't look forward to doing it again. Thanks for the help.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  9. runecrow Elder

The problem was that I couldn't move in a straight line once in the ruins; so I could go north toward it, but then once I'd get to the ruins I had to follow other directions as I was routed into a labyrinth of ruins. Once in there I'd lose pretty much all spatial relations to the map, and would lose track of where I even was in the maze. It was rough. I can understand why I couldn't find any written directions. But I'm there now so thanks again for the map info.
  10. Benzarden Augur

It's 2015. Download maps. Just say no to masochism.
    Garshok, Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  11. Nniki Augur

12. Viper1 Augur

The key is not to go into the ruins directly. Run along the south edge of the ruins heading east. At about the mid point of the ruins, the border of the ruins slopes to the northeast, this is the point you want to step into the ruins facing north (don't go very far in). Step through the first alcove and turn east and you should see the ramp down to the portal.

My first time going to seb back in the day was a similar experience and even with printed eqatlas maps it was a frustrating experience. At the same time, the fact that I could get that lost in a game is why I loved EQ back then.
    Iila likes this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

That's the zone in, the X, keep that on your map.

Just before the X, you should find a ramp leading down underground beneath the city. Which should have a big glowing orb thing in the middle. Click that.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

The port in is down a ramp to underground is likely the bit you're missing.
  15. Sebbina Augur

He found it already, but does need to learn about downloading maps, because eventually folk will get tired of providing directions, possibly finding a friendly guild would be useful as well.
  16. Uuvin Augur

Actual location of Sebilis orb : neg 1575 x neg 4765 x neg 470 (rounded off to nearest number divisible by 5). that , of course, doesn't explain how to get to that location so you need to get to the top of the ramp which is at neg 2060 x neg 4420 x neg 355. Which is great but that doesn't explain how to get there in the middle of the ruins. so: Once you enter Traknon's Teeeth, head south east towards the ruins. You pass under the arch and see the line of Iksar statues. Heading further east you notice an entire series of structures ( the ruins) on a slightly raised platform. If you traverse the outer edge of the platform to the right ( south ) side, you can head to location neg 2250 x neg 4065 x neg 365. This should put you just north of a pair of tents with Iksars and ghosts. From there you turn north and actually enter the ruins for the first time. Travel north about 110 units and turn east. about 170 units east is the top of the ramp leading down towards sebilis.
  17. ~Mills~ Augur

The fastest way to zone in to old seb is through the burned woods.
    Garshok, Iila and Tatanka like this.
  18. runecrow Elder

Bear in mind I'm a special case in that my laptop is an absolute dinosaur so my game is limited. I can't go to Mapfiend or my system freezes; so I'm pretty much confined to EQAtlas - which is great, but didn't help in the Trak's Teeth scenario because of all the ruins not shown on the EQAtlas map. Would there be some way to download the Mapfiend maps without going to the framed area on the site itself?

While I was lost there for hours it was incredibly frustrating but you're right, now I appreciate the experience because of the fact I was actually getting lost in these old ruins. Like what would actually happen if I were really there.

Take into account that I've been playing the game for years and this is the only time I've ever asked for directions. Usually I can pull up the mystic path if I need to, but some zones of course don't work there- like TT. If that fails I just search out the info on a site somewhere. This just happens to be the one time everything failed for me. Couldn't find anything written anywhere. Which is why I appreciate the replies so now I've got the info to go back and find the ramp easily.

I am a solo player though so have no one in game to ask for help. My laptop is so old that I can't group or anything or it will freeze up. I can't go to PoK or Crescent Reach at all or game will freeze up. So I roam the ancient zones by my lonesome. Which is fine. But trust me I doubt you'll ever see me asking for directions again, this just seemed to be an isolated event.

Thanks again everyone.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

All you have to do is get the download on another PC, and put it on a mem stick, and bring it to the laptop. That's the easiest way.

Tat
  20. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

This whole thread was like a walk back in time! I can empathize with the original poster- even though I had all the eqatlas maps printed out, they are not as helpful with 3D elements. And I played a cleric, initially, so no invis (until I wised up, made a druid and then could explore the zones).