Old player returning, character slot question.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EQNecro99, Sep 12, 2017.

1. EQNecro99 New Member

I had a question regarding character slots for someone returning after many years. I like the idea of the Heroic character upgrade feature, so i decided to purchase one. I wanted to make a new character and use the Heroic character feature on the new character i wanted to make, but i am unable to do so because i am a "silver player" apparently (I don't know what that means). I have 6/4 characters, i am not sure how that is possible to have 2 characters over the limit?

When i go to upgrade, it says i have to upgrade one of the current characters i have, when what i am wanting to do is create a new character/ class combination. To do so am i going to have to delete 3 characters since it says i am 6/4?? That is incredibly harsh if that is the case.

Can anyone explain what is going on, and give me some possible solutions to my situation? I don't really want to have to delete 3 characters in order to get a new char/class, just to get a new Heroic char. Thank you very much!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

OK silver means yours is an old account and when you come back you can play free with most of the benefits of a paid account but not all of them.

As a silver you are limited to 4 slots HOWEVER you can buy another slot if you wish to make a heroic on that account. The easiest way is to go to a loyalty merchant in POK or Sunrise hills and buy a character slot with loyalty points or you could even buy a slot from the marketplace with cash. I have done the loyalty one on one of my silver - bought 3 I think.

The reason it says 6/4 is because you do have the other old char behind the ones that are showing. I freaked when I saw that on mine which is why I ran and bought the extra slots - you will have a lot of loyalty built up so not a problem. And don't have to spend cash.

You could also just go all access ($15) for a month to see what you want to do.

As all access your not limited to slots really. Another option is to play on another server with the heroic ones. That is what I did too. Just left the old char on Tunare and made some new ones on Xegony.
  3. Yruc Augur

Free to play accounts have only 2 character slots available.
    Silver accounts (older accounts and are no longer available) have 4 character slots available. If you have over 4 characters you can play them but you cannot create any more.
    All Access accounts - 8 character slots available.

4 Solutions.

1. Upgrade an existing character to Heroic
    2. Delete 3 characters until you have an empty slot to create a new character
    3. on the DB store there should be an option to buy additional character slots, buy enough until you can create a new character
    4. Buy a subscription to get all access for 1 month which will let you have upto 8 characters.
  4. smash Augur

You once were gold and there you could have 8 chars.
    But you only had 6. You then no longer gold and became silver.

And there as silver can have 4 chars. You have 6, but 2 of those you cannot access until you become gold again or buy 2 more from bazaar or loyalty vendor.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok just checked and you can buy 3 more "dolls of character" from the loyalty vendor which will give you 3 more slots to use. They are 1296 tokens and you should have 5760 total with how they built up while you were gone. So that would allow you to "bring up" the hidden ones and delete one of those to make your heroic.

So that is the no money way to do this.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

It *could* be though that the dolls of character aren't available to silver/free players.
    Like the bag of platinum.

But yes, as was said:
    DO make sure to check the PoK loyalty vendor (just south of the nexus stone) for the "doll of character". Buy all 3 if you can.
    Otherwise, on that account, about the only way to create another character without spending RL money is to get a krono in-game and use it to go gold for 30days.
    Then you will be back to 6/8 character slots, and you should see the doll of character for sure.
    Take note that while free or silver "only", your new characters can only choose Crescent reach for their starting city.
  7. Moege Augur

They are available to silver/free if you have not used 3 of them already.
    Silver accounts are apparently capped at 2880 loyalty points.
  8. DinkumThinku99 Elder

I'm pretty sure the only 'Prestige' item carried by the Loyalty vendors is the 'Bag of Platinum'; everything else is available to a Silver account. For a F2P account, the 16-slot bags are also out of reach, because they cost more tokens than a F2P account can accumulate.

So any type of account can get up to three extra character slots from the Loyalty vendors, as long as they have the Loyalty tokens needed.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Returning silver accounts (Grandfathered Silver) are capped at loyalty max of 5760 and earn the max of 120/week even though they may be free. The actual free to play (F2P)accounts are capped at 1440 and earn 30/week. The silver that capped at 2880 and earned 60/week were the accounts that were offered at $5 a month and no longer available. Of course paid accounts cap at the 5760/120.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Pani Augur

Is there any way of knowing if you have bought all 3 dolls of character already? Will it not let you buy another if you have them all?
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Which 3? There are 3 in marketplace and 3 in loyalty. So there is some math involved here. All depends on what kind of account you have then you could add up how many slots you have vs how many you can have depending on account.
  12. Moege Augur

Does not show up on loyalty vendor when you have all 3. Same with the marketplace ones.
    DinkumThinku99 likes this.